It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dripping' may be a new, dangerous trend for teens who vape

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: deuceawesome
a reply to: GuidedKill

Addiction.

Ha!

Ever crossed your mind that some people enjoy things that you may not? I mean I don't enjoy shooting rabits, but Im not going to tell you that you have a hunting addiction and that gun powder might just be very bad for you because...reasons....

Sure. But how many people were smokers before vaping? I would bet more than 95%.

But for the sake of just this thread I’ll ask you. Did you smoke before vaping? And why didn’t you quit cold turkey if not addicted?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Bottom line?

Just because you think its "annoying" to look at someone blowing huge billows of smoke or not"

1.Its not causing cancer and people who have smoked for YEARS are reversing their conditions

2. They arent spreading second hand carcinogens

3. The smell doesnt stay in clothes furniture or carpets

4. Its absolutely NOT harming anyone.

5. It dissipates in a very short span of time

Looking obnoxious to you really is irrelevant to the actual facts, so go find a safe space

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Sure. But how many people were smokers before vaping? I would bet more than 95%.

But for the sake of just this thread I’ll ask you. Did you smoke before vaping? And why didn’t you quit cold turkey if not addicted?

Well, I was a pack a day for years. Like grade nine until the age of 23 maybe. Quit entirely for about three years, missed it. Not the chemcial addiction, just missed the throat hit, the taste, the sensation, the social aspect (taking a break at work) and especially while drinking.

So I started smoking cuban cigars and that got expensive.

Then I read about vaping and thought, why not, so I bought a beginner set and had to sit down I was so happy. Ill never forget that day.

So yeah I quit cold turkey I guess. But I missed it. Vaping is that compromise for me. Look I know it's not eating lettuce level of healthy, Im sure it's not good for me to a point. I just get pissed off when people spout off about it using debunked articles. If something valid pops up, Ill reconsider my "habit"

Having said all that, I would never encourage anyone to start that doesn't smoke already. Slippery slope moving backwards.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Vaping does look absolutely foolish. Personally, I'd prefer if the kid(s) would just smoke cigarettes, atleast they look less obnoxious.

LOL,

After smoking for 33 years, vaping was the only thing that helped me quit smoking.

It smells a hell of a lot better than smoking, my smokers cough went away in days, and I spend 1/4 of the $ I used to spend on cigs.

Say what you will but vaping is a godsend for heavy smokers who have tried to quit numerous times. This actually works!

link   

I don't justify anything I do. I've no need.

I will point you to my prior post/link RE: the CDC, who's amended their estimation to "up to 99%".

Or, in other words, "We believe it to be safe, but are hedging our bets for awhile longer"

link   
What should surprise me, but doesn't, is the amount of people in this thread that claim to be "objective" and yet the studies and information that they use originated from big tobacco companies.

Come on now, what happened to you all?

Yah, the OP posting something that is well known already for years now as a hit piece, but still, put those conspiracy hats back on.

Bet this convo would a a LOT different if it were about MJ. But we do have to watch the TCs here.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Well, I was a pack a day for years. Like grade nine until the age of 23 maybe. Quit entirely for about three years, missed it. Not the chemcial addiction, just missed the throat hit, the taste, the sensation, the social aspect (taking a break at work) and especially while drinking.

So I started smoking cuban cigars and that got expensive.

Then I read about vaping and thought, why not, so I bought a beginner set and had to sit down I was so happy. Ill never forget that day.

So yeah I quit cold turkey I guess. But I missed it. Vaping is that compromise for me. Look I know it's not eating lettuce level of healthy, Im sure it's not good for me to a point. I just get pissed off when people spout off about it using debunked articles. If something valid pops up, Ill reconsider my "habit"

Having said all that, I would never encourage anyone to start that doesn't smoke already. Slippery slope moving backwards.

Not judging but that’s called a relapse.

I too used to smoke and had many relapses. Been tobacco free for over a decade. Thankfully before the ecig fad hit. I wish you luck my friend.

It’s still not 100% harmless, safe or any other word that implies it won’t hurt you.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Vaping does look absolutely foolish. Personally, I'd prefer if the kid(s) would just smoke cigarettes, atleast they look less obnoxious.

LOL,

After smoking for 33 years, vaping was the only thing that helped me quit smoking.

It smells a hell of a lot better than smoking, my smokers cough went away in days, and I spend 1/4 of the $ I used to spend on cigs.

Say what you will but vaping is a godsend for heavy smokers who have tried to quit numerous times. This actually works!

Now that’s honesty. You switched because you couldn’t quit. But do you really think it’s 100% safe? Be honest again.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
What should surprise me, but doesn't, is the amount of people in this thread that claim to be "objective" and yet the studies and information that they use originated from big tobacco companies.

Come on now, what happened to you all?

Yah, the OP posting something that is well known already for years now as a hit piece, but still, put those conspiracy hats back on.

Bet this convo would a a LOT different if it were about MJ. But we do have to watch the TCs here.

I actually think MJ and ecig are about on par as far as carcinogens go. I don’t think both are very harmful over all and definitely less harmful then their social peers. But still not healthy or 100% safe.

Both less harmful than alcohol and tobacco .

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Not judging but that’s called a relapse.

I too used to smoke and had many relapses. Been tobacco free for over a decade. Thankfully before the ecig fad hit. I wish you luck my friend.

It’s still not 100% harmless, safe or any other word that implies it won’t hurt you.

A relapse would be going back to the cigarettes. This is a totally different delivery system. The only thing it has in common with smoking is that something goes in your lungs and comes back out. And its not smoke, its the same ingredient that is in asthma inhalers and dry ice in nightclubs, the same ingredient that there is no toxic level of known to mankind (CDC)

You can throw in the what ifs and the yeah buts all day. Doesn't matter to me.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I actually think MJ and ecig are about on par as far as carcinogens go.

Than you just 100% proved your ignorance on the matter. Marijuana when combusted has numerous carcinogens. Anything that burns and is inhaled does. Vaporizing liquid does not burn,which means no smoke, which means no carcinogens.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

There are no carcinogens in E Juice.

Unless you hold the button down too long and start burning the wick.

Jesus, this should not be that hard to understand.......

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

LOL,

Now that’s honesty. You switched because you couldn’t quit. But do you really think it’s 100% safe? Be honest again.

Well, it sure as hell is hundreds of times safer than smoking. I mean, the main ingredients are the same crap in asthma inhalers and fog machines at concerts.

Has Propylene Glycol Been Medically Tested and Studied?

PG is licensed for inhalable medicines and injectable medicines by all authorities, and licensed for long-term, high-volume inhalation under all employee health regulations (it is the main ingredient in theatre/ disco fog). However, note that individual tolerance may vary and that allergies to PG have been reported. Because PG is a powerful humectant, it can have a drying effect on your mouth when used excessively. It will also make the vapor feel harsher on the throat. We therefore recommend consuming water while vaping. In rare case, it may cause irritation of the throat. To avoid this, a 20-minute break for each 15 minute vaping session is recommended.

On the other hand, PG may also be a powerful deterrent against pneumonia, influenza, and other respiratory diseases when vaporized and inhaled, according to a study by Dr. Oswald Hope Robertson. In 1942, decades before the e-cigarette was invented, a study was conducted by Dr. Robertson of the University of Chicago’s Billings Hospital on the inhalation of vaporized propylene glycol in laboratory mice. A more in-depth article was printed in the November 16, 1942 issue of TIME Magazine.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Than you just 100% proved your ignorance on the matter. Marijuana when combusted has numerous carcinogens. Anything that burns and is inhaled does. Vaporizing liquid does not burn,which means no smoke, which means no carcinogens.

That’s my opinion... I thought we already covered each other’s opinions. Yours or mine doesn’t matter as you pointed out.

What I posted on e cigs was information from the American lung Association and their studies or others. They contradict your opinion since you haven’t posted anything as counter argument from a a center on par with the American lung association. When you do I’ll listen to your facts or counter argument. Saying what I posted is a hit piece is a little disingenuous considering I highly doubt the American lung Association is promoting big tobacco.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That’s my opinion... I thought we already covered each other’s opinions. Yours or mine doesn’t matter as you pointed out.

What I posted on e cigs was information from the American lung Association and their studies or others. They contradict your opinion since you haven’t posted anything as counter argument from a a center on par with the American lung association. When you do I’ll listen to your facts or counter argument. Saying what I posted is a hit piece is a little disingenuous considering I highly doubt the American lung Association is promoting big tobacco.

E-cigarettes around 95% less harmful than tobacco estimates landmark review
www.gov.uk...

Long-term vaping 'far safer than smoking' says 'landmark' study
www.nhs.uk...

More than half of British vapers have now quit smoking tobacco, study suggests
www.telegraph.co.uk...

E-cigarettes do NOT cause cancer: Study reinforces vaping is safer than smoking tobacco
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Smokers Urged to Switch to E-Cigarettes by British Medical Group
www.nytimes.com...

10 research studies to silence the vape skeptics
vaping360.com...

edit on 4-1-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You can't seem to get your head around the fact that combustion and vapor are two different things. Not a matter of opinion, its science. No need to source anything if you can't see the difference.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

www.gov.uk...

www.nhs.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

E-cigarettes do NOT cause cancer: Study reinforces vaping is safer than smoking tobacco
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Smokers Urged to Switch to E-Cigarettes by British Medical Group
www.nytimes.com...

vaping360.com...

No one is saying regular cigs are safer than vaping. The issue is the safety of (unstudied) cloud chasing.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

www.gov.uk...

www.nhs.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

vaping360.com...

Without even reading your articles. I’ll go off the titles.

95% safer?? What’s in the other 5%? Rainbows and unicorns?

Long term vaping far safer??? Don’t see anything that says 100% safe or even 100% safer.

So more than half British smokers addicted to cigarettes are now addicted to vaping? So they are just addicted to something else harmful to them?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I didn't think it was possible to be this obtuse.

Well, cheers man. Im out.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

You can't seem to get your head around the fact that combustion and vapor are two different things. Not a matter of opinion, its science. No need to source anything if you can't see the difference.

You just can seem to wrap your head around that it’s not 100% safe. We all know it’s better for you to be vaping then smoking. We’re just not all drinking the cool aid as much as you cause we don’t have to vape as a crutch. I understand you “like” it. People like lots of things, doesn’t make it safe.

Just admit it’s not safe, or healthy, or harmless. Matter of fact it’s the opposite of all of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join