It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dripping' may be a new, dangerous trend for teens who vape

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ut Oh, looks like only one certainty can be arrived at when dealing with vices. People will try to push it just a bit further to get a better high or more intense sensation. Teens, and I bet not just teens are dripping the cig juice directly on the e-cig coils. Not advisable, little is known about the effects of e-cigs and for sure not "dripping".

One in four high school teens who have used e-cigarettes have also tried a potentially dangerous new vaping method called "dripping" — dropping e-cigarette liquid directly onto the hot coils of the device to produce thicker, more flavorful smoke — a new study found.

"Dripping," which differs from normal e-cigarette use that slowly releases the liquid from a wick onto a hot atomizer, may expose users to higher levels of nicotine and to harmful non-nicotine toxins, such as formaldehyde and acetaldehyde — known carcinogens.
www.usatoday.com...

Seems you can buy a super feed e-cig type device that automatically feeds a major dose of the e-cig juice on to the coils.. Seems like a bad idea, watch the video if you can handle a person who will cry like hell when the side effects hit her like a ton of chemo, because very little thought was used with personal responsibility (just my opinion).

edit on 4-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I heard vaping gives guys cervical cancer.
Crazy kids.
Does this change what they inhale, or is it just a bigger hit?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Vaping is so obnoxious. Every time I see someone in public blowing that crap everywhere, I'm yelling in my head, "WE GET IT. YOU VAPE."

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Vaping does look absolutely foolish. Personally, I'd prefer if the kid(s) would just smoke cigarettes, atleast they look less obnoxious.

edit on 4-1-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

This guy Rip Trippers has all info needed!!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It's going to be real cool and hip in a decade when they all have some form of growth or other previously unknown lung issue and need a oxygen machine.

Then again, maybe they will usher in a new market for custom oxygen tanks, designer air masks and other crossbranding opportunities.

Apple oxygen link? Flashing LED's on your facemask to music streamed from your phone?

Could be cool.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Drip tips are almost as old as vaping.
There is even an argument to say that it can be more healthy than using a coil wrapped with a lot of wick as that degrades over time.

Most high volume vapes come from using a coil containing a small, twisted up piece of cotton wool and you wither drip a bit of liquid onto it or, have a tank system that keeps the liquid flowing into the wick.

This is probably a big tobacco or government sponsored thing to tax and reguate.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: hitparader

(all my opinion)

If this guy enjoys this go for it. But it is a form of air pollution and people around you are going to get pissed when you go blowing your cloud chasing childish BS in their face there will be regulations and laws to prevent it.

And by the way congrats on the Ripp Trippers abilities, he is a "cloud god"./sarc

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
People have been dripping for YEARS at this point,
Dangerous?
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most I know don't even use tobacco flavored juice or anything with nicotine.
Lighten up!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

What side effects? I watched the whole 12 min vid saw no tears, just a big old sales pitch for the device and her utube channels.

Des

link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

The system the annoying Kangertech was using in the video was a coil and cotton.

link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Good question, what side effects.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Wow, YEARS, and no known issues.

Yup, must be 100 percent safe, I mean if a small sample of people have done it for years then it's pretty much settled medical science.

Personally, i'm far from a "hippie", but manufactured chemicals being sold hastily for a profit is not something I'd put a lot of faith into as being something that will "turn out okay in the end".

20 years from now, this could be a huge problem and the only way to see is wait for the data(time) to roll in. In the mean time, I'll refrain from using cheap most likely chinese made chemicals to make "phat clouds" will rocking my beats and skinny jeans.

+10 more 
link   
I started vaping after smoking for 30yrs,been off tobacco for almost a year now. But I only use a small Vale that emits the same amount of smoke as a cigarette, so I don't look like rolling coal when I use it. I spend 10 dollars a week as opposed to 150 that I used to,I don't stink of smoke,I feel better,I don't cough up black stuff all the time anymore. I'll never go back to tobacco. But I have read you can get popcorn lung from vaping too much,and I'd assume those guys rolling coal would be at risk of water in the lungs inhaling that much moisture all the time.

link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
It's going to be real cool and hip in a decade when they all have of some form of growth or other previously unknown lung issue and need a oxygen machine.

Then again, maybe they will usher in a new market for custom oxygen tanks, designer air masks and other crossbranding opportunities.

Apple oxygen link? Flashing LED's on your facemask to music streamed from your phone?

Could be cool.

Sell add space on your facemask, imagine an add for Taco Bell or Chevy Spark.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

you do know this "story" is utter crap dont you?

a long since debunked to death hit piece from the tobacco companys.

formaldehyde and acetaldenhyde IS NOT PRESENT in e-cig vapor at all in normal use the liquids
simply do not contain it.
(however) if the coils are over driven to the point they become dry and burn
the cotton wick material can produce it usually down to user error.

However it IS present in all cigarettes by design!

and the nicotine content in the liquid is down to user choice and in higher power devices
it is used at progressively lower amounts the higher the power other wise it tastes harsh and can give you that first cig
head rush.

Dripping liquid directly is the oldest way to vape and certainly not "new".
the method is used to get more flavor or denser vapor (and bigger clouds)
the risk in driping is that you wind you own coils to you own preference and thus you need
to learn ohms law and battery safety to get the most from it.

i have vaped for 3 years now after using it to kick a 30 a day cig habit and seen all kinds of
rubbish spouted by the media and the uninformed.
done correctly it is a safe and rewarding practice and i for one am much healthier for it.

but seeing these dumb storys doing the rounds every few months drives me nutts.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: SprocketUK

The system the annoying Kangertech was using in the video was a coil and cotton.

Annoying? Maybebut your op is trying to paint this as new. Kanger mod stuff has been available for years and before that there were tons of people making their own coils etc to get fat clouds of vape.

When you are walking down the street, all those diesel particulates you are breathing in and the NO from too cool catalytic converters will do you far more harm than some kid blowing out a cloud of bubblegum smelling vape.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Come on man, formaldehyde, acetaldehyde?

Find me evidence of that being in a vape juice. Anybody that understands formaldehyde knows smoking that causes an undesirable type of high. It's not the kind of chemical you just throw in something to make it addictive as the effects from that is kind of a turn-off. And dripping, nobody really does that anymore. Tanks like in the video is the most common and the most used thing in Vaping nowadays.

I've been vaping for three and a half years, and I get my juice made locally or from Juice companies that I Trust. My smoker's cough, my wheezing, shortness of breath, and asthma attacks have completely disappeared. The Big Brand pens were the Vapes that you could not trust to have decent juice in them. A mechanical mod was what people were being uneducated about, and having batteries explode or getting ill from not understanding the proper materials that are safe to use in vaping. There's been a lot Innovation in the industry that has streamlined devices. Vaping is a more social type of nicotine use, We Gather at vape stores and so a lot of Education and experience is gotten from that. Everyone that I know Understands that the stuff at the gas stations is is garbage. And the vape shops that I frequent have pretty stringent procedures to keep any of their products from getting into the hands of minors. They are very well regulated here in Washington.

And they never talk about the nicotine levels of Vape juice in these articles. Anyone who isn't a smoker the tries a juice above .06 micrograms per milliliter, is probably going to end up being sick and throwing up. Again another turn off.

I don't recommend nicotine used to anyone, but for somebody who was a 10 plus years smoker, it really has been something that has been extremely beneficial.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Destinyone

Good question, what side effects.

From your OP.....implies we will see the side effects in the vid. Very misleading IMO.

"Seems like a bad idea, watch the video if you can handle a person who will cry like hell when the side effects hit her like a ton of chemo, because very little thought was used with personal responsibility".

Des
edit on 4-1-2018 by Destinyone because: sp

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

what more so than disgusting stinking cig smoke!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join