It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: No deal on DACA without border wall, ending chain migration + visa lottery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

"Any legislation on DACA must secure the border with a wall, it must give our immigration officers the resources they need to stop illegal immigration, and also to stop visa overstays, and crucially, the legislation must end chain migration. It must end the visa lottery. Dangerous," Trump said.

"We'd love to take care of DACA but we're only going to do it under these conditions."
www.businessinsider.com...

With all the bad news about Trump, it's nice to see something positive. Trump is finally making a stand for his wall. Mexico's not going to pay for it, but it's close enough to call it a "win" in my opinion.

It's great to see Trump playing hardball. He's caved on so many issues seemingly without a fight that it's been quite disappointing.

It's easy to forget that he's learning on the job in many respects. He's learning on the job as a politician, as a government employee, and as a world leader.

Maybe there's hope for him yet.

edit on 4-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
"It's great to see Trump playing hardball. He's caved on so many issues seemingly without a fight that it's been quite disappointing."

When you said that it made me think... he is draining the swamp getting resistance at every turn, but making progress too. Perhaps by a second term he will be on top of it with much less obstruction, since they were probably swamp dwellers holding him up... just a thought....

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

In my opinion this is ludicrous.

First off still not a single word about work visas?

No talk about employment verification? Wtf is with that. Hey its cool if they are here and working and the employers are cheating the system billions and suplementing their low wages with welfare for the families?.

Sure give him the wall. At least you can deal with daca. It sure ain't going to stop people coming in on shipping containers.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Simmer down now.

Trump is the equivalent of the special ed POTUS. If he can do anything well, he should be praised.

He deserves a huge grading curve. If you get my drift.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier
Your exactly right ...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Lol

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The democrats would be very stupid threatening to shut down the government over this.

Give Trump his wall, and save the DACA folks

Government is about compromise

You can't have any and everything you want in a democracy.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I agree but unfortunately the problem remains for over 10 million stuck working under the table.

In my opinion the wall will be about as useful as a giant penis statue.
edit on 4-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Its beyond ridiculous that the president is being criticized for insisting that laws be enforced to reduce crime and financial burder on the public coffers.

Truly a big bowl of wtf.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Where is the employer verification demand?

Literally the most important aspect of this problem...and legitimate seasonal work visas?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Where is the employer verification demand?

Literally the most important aspect of this problem...and legitimate seasonal work visas?

I dont think its wise or effective to try and have entities who make money from illegals police themselves.

There are agencies of law enforcement already in place for this problem specifically.

Let them get on with it.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Really? Yet every country in the modern world uses that system and has a better immigration policy.

It's real simple. E verify and audit. It's proven to work in states where it's mandatory...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
And what do you have against the existing system?

Illegal immigration issss...ILLEGAL.

Arrest.

Deport.

Repeat.

It couldnt be simpler.

And what good is "employer verification" for illegals who dont work? What are you going to do about them?
edit on 4-1-2018 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
And what do you have against the existing system?

Arrest.

Deport.

Repeat.

It couldnt be simpler.

Uh it doesn't work????

The employers are making billions by cheating and getting welfare from for the low wages?

They literally get caught recruiting and smuggling illegals in. Then get a slap on the wrist and do it again.

I guess those lobby donations prevent real change.

As long as there is work they will find a way.

It's real simple.

Edit. The ones that don't work by and large are the dailies and spouses of the labor.

But hey you would have to read instead of spout off the cuff..

It's a system made to benefit criminal employers.

Also work Visa programs.

And deport those you find.

edit on 4-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The democrats would be very stupid threatening to shut down the government over this.

Pretty sure the Republicans have the majority and are in control.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yes it is but we are talking about kids who have been brought here by their parents and raised here.

What if a parent was to stick drugs into an infant babies clothes and the police find the drugs, should the infant go to prison for carrying drugs? That is illegal.

What if a child is born in prison, should he/she be on parole when let out or have a record as to have served time in prison?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi have already stated that they will not go for that arrangement.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I agree but unfortunately the problem remains for over 10 million stuck working under the table.

In my opinion the wall will be about as useful as a giant penis statue.

I agree the wall sucks but what good is it preventing the DACA people from staying if the stupid wall is gets in the way

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The employers are making billions by cheating and getting welfare from for the low wages?

Yeah..we don't want American Companies making money.

We want them to suffer with high cost labor, become unprofitable, and go out of business, like Trump's many businesses.

The King of Bankruptcies is working for a state that follows his principles.

That's what The Donald believes in. He said it's just good business practice. Makes him a smart man.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I agree the wall sucks but what good is it preventing the DACA people from staying if the stupid wall is gets in the way

That wall is good for Mexico.

The undocumented Mexicans will then be encouraged to stay in their own country and provide their cheap labor building up their own nation, rather that selling out to the American Builders.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join