It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning NASA Image Show Moon 3M miles from Earth Enroute to Asteroid Bennu

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hee's Japan's Hinawari-8 view at the time the image was taken (left) and the probe's view:

edit on 4/1/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I personally photographed and tracked OSIRIS-REx as it flew by earth, and I directly confirmed its distance, velocity, and trajectory match what NASA said it would be. Here is my data:
dropcanvas.com...
Given that OSIRIS-REx was sighted on its predicted course, given that the trajectory does indeed indicate it will intercept asteroid Bennu, why would it be reasonable to assume the photos from it are fake? What about it indicates that it is "fake" exactly?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness

originally posted by: butcherguy

i hope both youse don't think i was blasting 'TANG'... far from it... in fact the Drink was trendy at that time

i merely pointed out that the Public got some feelings of Status, Esteem for the Moon landing in '69

but the Corporations reaped many profits from space-age products in the spirit of Capitalism which finally turned into a mean-spirited form of negative Capitalism ...
and 'TANG' was the first-born of the Parasite Corporations creations, used to beguile the citizens

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

i think my post was something of a pressure release valve, after so much evidence of NASA shenanigans recently, with outrageous disproprtionate 'composite' images & photoshopping with cloned cloud formations, etc. To be fair, after re-reading my post (which was written in a hurry), it comes off as a 'crazy conspiray theorist rant' (which it kind of was) - but if I were to do better justice to 'the NASA problem', I would need to re-frame my comments in a new thread, with photos & facts which demonstrate evidence of fakery.

Bear in mind that I'm not of a mind that all photos from space are fake. I don't believe the flat earth theory, and actually do believe that the NASA guys & gals do a pretty bang up job of their mission, such as it is. However, in some way, there seems to be a hidden exploration or militarisation of space using technology stemming from T. Townsend Brown & friends in the 1950's (no need for Roswell back-engineering; our physicists were perfectly capable of developing alternative paradigm gravity-defying craft, and they've had nearly 60 years to develop them since then. As Ben Rich famously once said, it would take an act of God to get those technologies out to benefit mankind. We could quite easily solve the energy requirements of the entire world by now, if the technology to do so were not so tightly wrapped up in secrecy classifications. Tesla laid the groundwork, and the US government/ military-industrial complex then developed the ideas over next 74 years. Only the Petroleum Cartel has prevented the release of free energy technologies.

I include the snippet about energy because it's another side of the breakaway technology coin. Many, many Earth problems could have been resolved by now; unfortunately, the black research world has kept everything locked up (including anti-gravity capabilities & light speed/ faster than light transport throughout the galaxy). NASA is a semi-genuine public facade diverting attention from the deeper spaceflight research programs which are operational under the aegis of the US military & alphabet agencies. NASA has been caught faking on numerous occasions, and it's most prominently obvious when the photography claimed as genuine images of the Earth/Moon system demonstrate unquestionably obvious, blunder-filled photoshopping. Whereas, for most other bodies in the Solar System, the images - although having many 'interesting features' mysteriously blurred out, are in fact genuine photos of the bodies orbiting the Sun, and all respective moons, asteroids, etc. It's only the photos of the Earth, and aspects of the Moon in relation to the Earth, which are so totally faked on so many occasions, that a child could see it, if he or she were schooled in how photoshop & other such editing programs actually work.

For this reason of bogus Earth.Moon images, within a sea of genuine images of other parts of the solar system, I conclude that there is something amiss with the planet we occupy. Something so weird, and so shocking, that it's been seventy years now & still the powerful governments of the world are keeping very, very quiet on the matter. I believe strongly that the 'anomaly' being hidden is evidence of mega-engineering at the North & South poles of planet Earth, and a stack of glaring anomalies on the Moon, indeed concerning the entire composition of the Moon also - suggestive that there is a manned outpost up there too.

There have been leaked stories a-plenty over the years, regarding various unusual missions to the North/South Poles, regarding anomalous gravitational events & features, regarding one or two apparently genuine old photographs from the early Apollo years which appear to show a MASSIVE opening at the Northern end of the globe, with many claims of fraudulent data also being provided by organisations such as the US Geological Survey, and Google Earth, regarding the obfuscation of the North Pole opening, also with regard to the extent of covering of the ice sheets, & underlying rock formations, at the South Pole - all being obfuscated too. Rumours abound concerning ancient cities under the ice, with openings which lead to vast inner caverns, where non-human/ alternate race humans reside (don't fall for the 'advanced humans' claptrap which accompanies speculative New Age tales of a god-like race of immortals in some subterranean Shambhala, for some reason in league with the Nazis..).

NASA does some important work & provides a public face for a space program using conventional chemical rockets to orbit payloads, shuttles, etc - all very ordinary, obfuscating splendidly the secret DOD (etc) space programs with multi-trillion dollar military defence & resource acquisition endeavours as the primary mission/s. However, NASA is covering up a significant anomaly concerning our Earth-Moon system. It's obvious that Flat Earth is bunk, and so what is left to consider, other than that there is something seriously amiss with the structure/appearance of our home planet..?

As Winston Churchill once said:

“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”

And when one gets to thinking about 'layers' of obfuscation, protecting the truth, as it pertains to our home planet & Moon? In the old days of film photography, there might be literal layers of paint over the features which were being protected, so as the public would not lose their # if they suddenly found out that everything they thought they knew about our stellar locale was wrong. In these modern times, we have the wondrous Photoshop, indeed complicity at the highest levels of civil service & captains of industry must be a given where as a result of the nature of their duties, they're unavoidably aware of the reality of our mega-engineered planet - sworn to secrecy, of course.

And here we defer to Neil Armstrong, astronaut extraordinaire:

“Today we have with us a group of students, among America’s best. To you we say we have only completed a beginning. We leave you much that is undone. There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of the truth’s protective layers. There are places to go beyond belief. Those challenges are yours–in many fields, not the least of which is space, because there lies human destiny.”

Here's a nice blog post about that speech.. Truth’s Protective Layers - Paraferal Research

After completing my initial rant in-thread, and having gone back over the main thrust of argument in this post, I've decided to do a full thread, with all relevant photos/ quotes which appear to demonstrate that although our solar system is primarily 'organic', with natural planetary bodies in heliocentric motion (according to the laws of orbital mechanics) - there is an alternative paradigm which we must eventually, as a species, learn to collectively accept, without freaking the # out.

Concluded below...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It's a lovely picture.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Post deleted. No longer relevant. For now.

edit on 4-1-2018 by Saint Exupery because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

....Life would almost certainly become utterly insane, if the reality of a mega-engineered earth, apparent alien presence, possibly advanced human factions (a la Stargate franchise/ mythos) - and a mega-engineered hollow Moon - were to be revealed at this stage in history. Especially with 'these people' in charge of our destiny, taking hold of the purse strings ever-tighter, driving us into 'a more sophisticated form of slavery', albeit in servitude to debt via consumerism reaching ever higher, with luxury tempting ever further, at the potential cost of one's soul..

Yes, our planet is a globe, not flat (though having 'tricked out' adaptations at the poles, imho). Yes, we live in a real universe, not a simulation (at least, not a soulless, dead computer simulation..it's philosophically moot as to whether it's a simulation of sorts, if we consider that it can be called an ORGANIC simulation, and that patterns of INFORMATION can possibly be preserved beyond death). Yes, our astronauts have undertaken journeys to the Moon, with cameras which have taken some wonderful pictures, with multiple videos being uncovered & analysed to show events which are very suggestive of alien life, or super-advanced human factions, present (in spades) in our local system. I believe that this goes even deeper, into the territory which certain recent anomalies have shed some light upon, in terms of the murky depths of the perverse actions & magical workings of the ultra-rich 1%

To return to the main premise - yes, our robotic space probes have whizzed past multiple natural planetary bodies in our solar system; however, the image in our rearview mirror is being 'modified' somewhat... And we're falling for it, in the main! Took me a long time to come to the conclusions I've presented in this & the most recent other post in-thread, but I can safely say that the scenario detailed satisfies many, many aspects of the woo-woo world of the ultra-weird conspiracy corners of the WWW.

Keep on keeping on - & don't be afraid to have unusual opinions..

Cheers, FITO.

PS - And yes, this was an exceptionally long reply to your post!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

the pic after slingshot is off just a tad.....they have pretty good distance apparently a planet diameter away or two maybe.....

I cant find a pole......pic is fake or it should be distorted due to fisheye....if it's not a fisheye lens where's a pole.....

maybe it's fisheye and then cgi corrected

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
Hee's Japan's Hinawari-8 view at the time the image was taken (left) and the probe's view:

darn good detective work......howd u do that.....

oh dam just noticed .....no poles
edit on 4-1-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

The daily mail article gives you the date and I know where to find satellite data.

The view from the probe is above the plane of the ecliptic and you can see that Earth and Moon ave the same phase. The view is therefore looking do.wn on Earth with the north pole just visible and the south Pole hidden. It is relatively dimly lit because it is past the autumn equinox.

If you zoom in you can clearly see the same pattern of snow/ice in the polar region in both images.
edit on 5/1/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: Clarity and typo

edit on 5/1/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: Stupid phone keyboard

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Deleted - phone keyboard not playing ball so will come back to it later!
edit on 5/1/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
NASA has been caught faking on numerous occasions, and it's most prominently obvious when the photography claimed as genuine images of the Earth/Moon system demonstrate unquestionably obvious, blunder-filled photoshopping.

No, they haven't. I have yet to see a single example proving that they are deliberately "faking" images of the earth moon system. Yes, some are composites, and are openly stated as such. That does not make them "fake."

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

What are you talking about? You think the earth's poles should have visible markers in images from space? Why?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

The daily mail article gives you the date and I know where to find satellite data.

The view from the probe is above the plane of the ecliptic and you can see that Earth and Moon ave the same phase. The view is therefore looking do.wn on Earth with the north pole just visible and the south Pole hidden. It is relatively dimly lit because it is past the autumn equinox.

If you zoom in you can clearly see the same pattern of snow/ice in the polar region in both images.

I don't think some people want to know, like the dipstick who commented on the picture I posted saying that it still looks flat...when it clearly doesn't. Others just like to mess about.
However a straightfoward decent answer about the poles, without condescension as you gave, is really deserving of applause form the mod..it also is another demonstration of why the Earth is in fact...round!

edit on 5-1-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RTLSLZ1

'S okay!
edit on 5-1-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

It's not clear to me whether he's talking about "poles" or "polar caps/ice caps." In amateur astronomy, we don't normally say "Mars has really nice poles tonight," we refer to the ice caps as "ice caps" or "polar caps" (or polar hood if covered in clouds rather than ice). I took his statement to mean something like the geomagnetic poles, hence my confusion about why he would expect to see them in a photograph. But yes, you can spy what appears to be part of the north polar ice cap in the photo.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

I think it's disappointing that another thread marvelling at both the wonders of our universe and the skills of scientists and engineers has again risking being derailed by people whose own agendas are blinding them to reality. I am going to cherry pick through it, as some areas I have no interest in, so...

after so much evidence of NASA shenanigans recently, with outrageous disproprtionate 'composite' images & photoshopping with cloned cloud formations, etc.

You may claim shenanigans, others may simply read the very public descriptions of how images are made from repeated sequences. What you regard as photoshopping in cloned clouds was actually the product of an image taking several days to complete. Clouds move. That's it. An inference beyond that is prejudice.

NASA has been caught faking on numerous occasions, and it's most prominently obvious when the photography claimed as genuine images of the Earth/Moon system demonstrate unquestionably obvious, blunder-filled photoshopping.

Nope. Hasn't. Lots of people accuse them of it, but never actually back it up with any evidence. Usually they have books to sell or advertising space or rent.

Whereas, for most other bodies in the Solar System, the images - although having many 'interesting features' mysteriously blurred out,

Such as...?

are in fact genuine photos of the bodies orbiting the Sun, and all respective moons, asteroids, etc. It's only the photos of the Earth, and aspects of the Moon in relation to the Earth, which are so totally faked on so many occasions, that a child could see it, if he or she were schooled in how photoshop & other such editing programs actually work.

Some of the people looking at these images are very very schooled in both the subject matter itself and in photoshop. I've been using that software since the mid-1990s. You're veering very close to declaring your genius above those too blind to see. Show they're fake.

I believe strongly that the 'anomaly' being hidden is evidence of mega-engineering at the North & South poles of planet Earth, and a stack of glaring anomalies on the Moon, indeed concerning the entire composition of the Moon also - suggestive that there is a manned outpost up there too.

Again, no evidence on your part other than wild speculation. There are no glaring anomalies, just mis-understanding and confirmation bias.

There have been leaked stories a-plenty over the years, regarding various unusual missions to the North/South Poles, regarding anomalous gravitational events & features, regarding one or two apparently genuine old photographs from the early Apollo years which appear to show a MASSIVE opening at the Northern end of the globe,

No such photos show any opening at the north pole. Not a single one. I know exactly which images you're referring to and they are so easily explained a child could do it.

However, NASA is covering up a significant anomaly concerning our Earth-Moon system.

No, they aren't. Neither is any other space agency, of which there are many.

And here we defer to Neil Armstrong, astronaut extraordinaire:

“Today we have with us a group of students, among America’s best. To you we say we have only completed a beginning. We leave you much that is undone. There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of the truth’s protective layers. There are places to go beyond belief. Those challenges are yours–in many fields, not the least of which is space, because there lies human destiny.”

That speech is very similar to one he gave to Congress after walking on the moon.

It is a metaphor. Any other interpretation is just putting words in his mouth that he did not say.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
To get back on topic, here's a Celestia recreation of the view at the time the images were taken:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
Still looks flat, pizza-like, you know.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Same, but DSCVR's Epic camera view, from 1 million miles away: epic.gsfc.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join