It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning NASA Image Show Moon 3M miles from Earth Enroute to Asteroid Bennu

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Stunning NASA image from a spacecraft on its way to an asteroid shows Earth and the moon from three million miles away
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now I am not sure whether stunning would be accurate because we know of NASA to edit their photos or blur out classified content for public viewing, but regardless, here is the picture that OSIRIS-Rex spacecraft took of the cosmic bodies, and where...

...the Moon was 'stretched' (brightened) to make it more easily visible.

Edit: Does anyone notice the absence of stars and galaxies (and possible UFO aircraft)???

Either way, it is still a pretty cool picture and I am looking forward to seeing how this asteroid looks like

edit on 4-1-2018 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Indeed, a mote of dust.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Exposure time for that image would have been very short due to the Earth being very bright even at 3 million miles, so not enough time to capture light from stars or other fainter objects.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I don't know.....looks flat to me!!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
To think that early explorers took months to go a quarter of the way around the blue planet, we can do it in hours by plane, and astronauts took three days to get to that little white dot.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It's neat.

But I don't know if I'd say it's "stunning" seams a bit hyperbolic.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Oh cool, they caught it at just the right angle to make it look like the Earth is actually a sphere. I bet you Round-Earthers bought it hook, line and sinker.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
I don't know.....looks flat to me!!

I was just uploading this other picture taken from the same spacecraft closer to Earth to specifically silence the flat-Earthers.

If you are really daring look at it here,

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-1-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

*To think that early explorers took months to go a quarter of the way around the blue planet,

**we can do it in hours by plane,

***and astronauts took three days to get to that little white dot.

* the Wind and Water Currents were FREE Fuel

** hours by Jet Plane costs upwards of $1,400 per passenger seat, the plane building & transportation infrastructure costs are not covered by the seat prices alone... the time saved in travel is more than negated by the stresses on the environment and the constraints by the regulatory agencies required to operate & oversee airlines... the hidden costs are seen in the FAA, Taxes and Fees etc.

***3 days at better than a Billion Dollar$ per-day, per Astronaut....and the common folk got 'TANG' sold to them by General Foods Corporation

see: How NASA Made Tang Cool | Food & Wine - foodandwine.com
www.foodandwine.com/lifestyle/how-nasa-made-tang-cool

In 1968, Tang even sponsored ABC's coverage of Apollo 8, America's first manned flight around the moon. Needless to say, the advertising was effective. Tang sales shot through the roof and became one of the best-selling drinks of its day

wrap-up:

progress is not always the act of going faster & longer distances...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Tang is cool regardless.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I drank Tang as a kid in the late 1960's and every once in a while I will get a jar of it to drink for the nostalgia.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak
Oh cool, they caught it at just the right angle to make it look like the Earth is actually a sphere. I bet you Round-Earthers bought it hook, line and sinker.

They just got a photo from the top. Of course it's round! And flat like a penny.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If you zoom in the earth looks like an angry face, which wouldn't surprise me with the way we treat it.. Also it does remind you how far the moon actually is from the earth, always think of it being closer..
edit on 4/1/18 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Space is big and dark and we are so very, very small. No human being has even been 1 million miles away from Earth.

I like the crazy notion that human beings rely heavily on other humans to help keep them in a stable reality, and if you get too far away from everybody you'll basically just die. This goes along with the "silver thread" idea. It has a certain appeal for me.

I guess I'll find out what happens if somebody ever gets their act together enough to send people out that far.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I think stunning is a good word for it , we are the first generation in the history of our species to be able to see such a thing.
Beautiful.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Well why does that have to be round?

Maybe its circular and still flat.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
IMHO - utter scam. NASA have been releasing so many junk photos in recent years, it's become utterly laughable - and then, it's slowly incited blood-boiling anger. They are literally insulting the intelligence of the people, seriously, it's a #ing disgrace.

I saw a great photo the other day on one of those compilation videos on YouTube, a photo taken by one of the astronauts on a mission who happened to take a picture of the transit of Earth & Venus, from just below the rim of the Moon. It was a JPL shot, will try to find it. Anyway - THAT was a real photo. The 'photo' in the OP is a laughable, disgraceful joke. How long do they think they will get away with it? I assume now that they've had enough practice - and people these days aren't willing to think critically about the information provided by 'official' sources, that they will sadly, get away with it pretty much forever.

I've tried to understand why they have to make such a monumental effort to hide the true appearance of our Earth & Moon, so many times, with so many glaring errors that you would need a 600 page book to analyse even half of it. I realised that the whole 'falt earth' meme which has gripped angry, but not fully scientifically 'au fait' citizens with an amateur interest in space science. I can see that all the ridiculous fakery from NASA, mixed in with some major disinformation bombardment on YouTube, has created the conditions for the nonsense flat earth theory to sprout & develop over the past couple of years.

The blatant fakery from NASA means that clearly, they're hiding SOMETHING - but what is it, if no a flat earth?

My only viable conclusion at this stage is that our planet has been terraformed with massive mega-engineering evidene at the poles, both North & South. My honest opinion is that the rumours of 'hollow earth' are based in actual truth - there's something mega-funky about this planet of ours. It's occupied by an 'Other' which occupies the poles, which has situated its civilisation within the very crust of the Earth itself, quite possibly using technologies which would literally blow our minds, if we, regular joe folk, were to suddenly be told/ shown the evidence of the truth. That our planet is a technological, as well as a natural marvel. That another race occupies the remotest regions of our planet. That Admiral Byrd wasn't just talking Nazis, after Operation Highjump.

This is the only explanation at this stage, having covered literally all the 'conspiracy angles' of this 'NASA problem'. And of course, the Moon also seems to be highly (yet covertly) engineered also. And this is to say nothing of the wondrous features of our solar system itself, which also, to my understanding, shows evidence of stellar level engineering (Kardashev scale Type 2). I am now perfectly satisfied that this is the reason for the NASA BULL#.

Interesting times...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I drank Tang as a kid in the late 1960's and every once in a while I will get a jar of it to drink for the nostalgia.

Tang is delicious! My grandmother used to put sugar in it for us , then yell at us for running through the house all jacked up on sugar and Tang.

It also works great to clean the inside of your dishwasher. Just put it in like the powdered detergent and run it. Makes it sparkle all nice and new like!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness

Tang is cool regardless.

yep, that first test sip after mixing that turns into guzzling over half the glass...

I miss childhood!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Could you point out the specific signs of fakery?

The OP's article explains the color layering of the Earth and the brightening of the Moon to make it more visible (which is most likely not very bright in the raw image due to the exposure time of the entire image probably being set relative to the brightness of the Earth).

But other than the color correction and brightening, what exactly is wrong with the image. It seems like a pretty straightforward image to me. It doesn't seem that there's enough going on in that image to have things be "wrong" with it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join