It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions: "Drugs Will Destroy Your Life," Recinds Cole Memo On Pot Legalization

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
www.mpp.org...

Type in your zip code and fill out the form. You don't even have to write a letter. You can just send the form letter and be counted.

Takes less than a minute.

We have services like this that make participation in our system a lot easier. We have the internet which makes getting and disseminating information an instant process. Let's use what we have.

gonna do that now.
thanks

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Even though the community has been writing letters and engaging with local government for years and years a few more voices can't hurt.

Government is slow. Always will be. We need it to be slow and it is designed that way to ensure coalition and consensus building.

We can do this, it just needs more effort.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
mobile.twitter.com...

Suck it Jeff

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Dang thats funny ,because in California it's legal for recreational,so much for your post

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Benefits?

If somebody tried to force someone else to drink alcohol against their will, maybe perhaps because they were sober, it would be considered assault.

But now you've got a bunch of idiots running around smoking extremely powerful weed in public places, literally forcing people who don't want a contact high, to breathe in their drugs.

That is also assault by any definition. But even more so because people have to breathe to live. It's not optional.

If pot smokers weren't so self-centered they would realize that.

And I personally can't wait until the law does.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

Wow did you just watch refer madness?

It's illegal to smoke in concealed buildings or public...being out doors ain't going to get you high mr paranoid.

Pretty sure you can avoid it.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny
want to cut down on deaths from heroin burn the poppy fields and make importation of more than 3 pounds a capital offense but mules would have auto deal for sentence reduction if they turn evidence against bosses. i have problems with people smoking cannabis as i have done it before i was 10 but all it did to me was made me chubby. i feel legalize it and tax it and make locally grown in states that sale it only NO EXPORTATION NO IMPOTATION.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
After giving this some thought, I have an idea about this.

The federal government is going to play hardball and pressure the states until it (Federal Government) gets it's cut.

Once federal taxes are established, then government is going to love pot.

Of course it'll be too expensive to smoke then, but hey, it'll be legal!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Vermont is giving the feds the middle finger. Legal to possess, legal to grow 2 plants and 4 sapplings...

Made a bipartisan committee to explore how to protect business from the feds and won't legalize dispensaries until they figure it out.

Republican Governor.

edit on 4-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Yeah. All the pressure needs to come off our streets and on the borders. I know liberals aren't trying to hear that but that's where they come in and that's where people need to get hit the hardest. The trucks just roll right through. One report I read this week if bag carriers in a certain area have less than 150lbs of pot in their bag they get let go! Its true Wild West down there.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Looks like past warnings about Sessions weren't far off.

Legalized states, if not already, should have plans about what to do if laws goes against states rights.

Washington may or may not take action as of yet but either way, people in the business to the consumers aren't going to take this without a fight.

"It might just end up being the passivity or inaction of whoever ends up being the local (US) attorney," said Inslee. "That person is going to have a hard time going down the street in the state of Washington if they decide to go back to the previous century on marijuana policy."

Source

Why not focus on the opioid epidemic , legally prescribed or otherwise, that is killing(ruining lives) and helping the cartels flourish?

Aww, Granny is mad because him and his associates are losing their failed War on Drugs who love to focus on marijuana and Prison Industrial Complex benefits. Going after narcotics will take more from their revenue.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: proteus33

Yeah. All the pressure needs to come off our streets and on the borders. I know liberals aren't trying to hear that but that's where they come in and that's where people need to get hit the hardest. The trucks just roll right through. One report I read this week if bag carriers in a certain area have less than 150lbs of pot in their bag they get let go! Its true Wild West down there.

My thirteen adult years in Texas sure made me understand the immigration debate was total bs and nobody wanted to actually fix it. Two republican governors and Republican majority and it was and is basically a sanctuary state..
edit on 4-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

We have a winner for today!!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Archivalist
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Ok, but what do I do about the dead kids? Sober up buddy, come back and read my posts tomorrow.

You do nothing. Why would you?
So like 10 people in the history of the world had an acute reaction and died so that's why the other 300 million can't enjoy it?

Is that your argument?

Pretty #ing stupid my friend

Um... No. I believe I stated my point, quite clearly. It's the wrong mindset to shout on megaphones or hold up signs saying that it has never killed anyone and is 100% safe.

If marijuana supporters continue to use anecdotal mis-truths, then when it does come up in debate... They can be torn down, for not being completely transparent on the issue.

You really think those families of people who had literal strokes and died from THC acute exposure, wouldn't be called for testimony?

America's brain as a whole is influenced greatly by news and media. The right lobbying group, could use that testimony to burn legalization at the stake.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Marijuana can be dangerous. It can make people lazy and addictive personalities can obsess over it.

But there is an extremely low toxicology and it has never poisoned or od'd anyone.

The stroke is complete bs and has not been proven in anyway.

It can however trigger underlying conditions in mental health or physical health.

So before you preach you should not spread bs yourself.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

My argument is not about the LD-50 limit of marijuana.

It is about this tiny little insignificant thing we call... PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS IN CREDIBLE MEDICAL SCIENCE JOURNALS, WHICH INDICATE 3 HOSPITAL AND DOCTOR VERIFIED CASES OF FATAL STROKES IN MALES BETWEEN THE AGE OF 12 AND 18 AS A DIRECT RESULT OF ACUTE THC/MARIJUANA INTAKE!

The LD-50 is not being called into question in the publication I have ALREADY provided a link for, but if you all want to continue arguing about how I am wrong, even with peer reviewed backed up medical evidence, which have dozens of doctors as authors for the research. Literally TEAMS of people with MD/PHD level education, with the SAME findings.

I have included an additional medical publication with similar findings:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.hal.inserm.fr...

If you are indicating that these doctors are somehow wrong? If you really feel like there is a bias in this research? Then feel free to petition their publications and provide evidence to the universities, and legislative organizations responsible for issuing their medical licenses.

Petition that they have their medical licenses revoked. Because accusing them of publishing fraudulent research is a SERIOUS violation of medical licensure programs.

It shouldn't be hard to provide that evidence, if you are also a qualified and licensed doctor, board certified or otherwise. As you would have to be one, in order to counter the claims of their research.

Which is exactly what you are attempting to do in this thread, with no citations or hard evidence presented.

Cannabis Use, Ischemic Stroke, and Multifocal
Intracranial Vasoconstriction
A Prospective Study in 48 Consecutive Young Patients
Vale´rie Wolff, MD; Vale´rie Lauer, MD; Olivier Rouyer, MD, PhD; Franc¸ois Sellal, MD;
Nicolas Meyer, MD, PhD; Jean Se´bastien Raul, MD, PhD; Ce´cile Sabourdy, MD; Faze

Pediatrics. 2004 Apr;113(4):e365-70.
Cerebellar infarction in adolescent males associated with acute marijuana use.
Geller T1, Loftis L, Brink DS.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Ok, I can accept that you are correct.

On one condition.

Show me the peer reviewed studies PUBLISHED IN MEDICAL JOURNALS that REFUTE THESE PUBLICATIONS:

www.hal.inserm.fr...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

pubmedcentralcanada.ca...
^ That one's a doozy, because in this one, the patient was EXPLICITLY DRUG TESTED AND NO DRUGS ASIDE FROM THC METABOLITES WERE IN HIS BLOOD.

"Alcohol intoxication was excluded for a normal blood alcohol level. In a screening test (competitive fluorescence immunoassay; The Triage[R] TOX Drug Screen) urine samples were negative for benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methamphetamine, coc aine, opioids, phencyclidine, and tricyclic antidepressants. However, THC metabolites were detected as positive in the same toxicological screening."*

Then, and only then, in the name of Father Science, Son Skepticism, and The Holy Neil DeGrasse Tyson, is a scientist allowed to believe you.

*World J Emerg Med. 2014; 5(1): 72–74.
doi: 10.5847/wjem.j.issn.1920-8642.2014.01.013
PMCID: PMC4129858
Acute temporal lobe infarction in a young patient associated with marijuana abuse: An unusual cause of stroke
Taylan Inal,1 Ataman Köse,1 Özlem Köksal,2 Erol Armagan,2 Sule A. Aydın,2 and Fatma Ozdemir1
1Department of Emergency Medicine, Sevket Yılmaz Education and Research Hospital, Bursa, Turkey
2Department of Emergency Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Uludag University, Bursa, Turkey*

Amen~
edit on 4-1-2018 by Archivalist because: Forgot to say my prayers

edit on 4-1-2018 by Archivalist because: Additional citation added, with case study that included a wide range toxicology screening with only THC metabolites

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

You mean this.

Episodic marijuana use may represent a risk factor for stroke in childhood, particularly in the posterior circulation. Early recognition of the cerebellar stroke syndrome may allow prompt neurosurgical intervention, reducing morbidity.

First off why are there so few cases if they got it right?
The peer review process doesn't work the way you think.

There is also this problem.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well kids shouldnt have it anyways. But they ALREADY do. So criminalization doesnt do squat.

Meanwhile the stroke paper I read said nothing about DEATHS.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

You mean this.

Episodic marijuana use may represent a risk factor for stroke in childhood, particularly in the posterior circulation. Early recognition of the cerebellar stroke syndrome may allow prompt neurosurgical intervention, reducing morbidity.

First off why are there so few cases if they got it right?
The peer review process doesn't work the way you think.

There is also this problem.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

You're doing a really good job of refuting something.

Unfortunately, the something you are successfully refuting, is the scientific method and peer review process.

Go ahead and win*? that argument.

Your citation addresses: neither my claims or my provided evidence.

Go ahead and keep eating your cognitive dissonance.

If you lived in the United States, I would be willing to pay for your expenses and travel to go meet the families of these stroke victims, so you could tell them directly, while looking them in the eye, that marijuana didn't kill their dead loved one.

However, due to the rule 15e in the Terms and Conditions, I am rendered unable to provide that challenge to you on ATS, nor through a third party website or affiliate, given that we met here on ATS first.

Although, it can be said that my argument currently has an infinitely higher amount of cited evidence than your counter.

Given that you have not directly countered my claims with any documented publications. My 3 citations over your 0 citations is, as they say on a TI-83 calculator, "undefined"
edit on 4-1-2018 by Archivalist because: Adjusting post to adhere to Terms and Conditions rule 15e

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join