It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions: "Drugs Will Destroy Your Life," Recinds Cole Memo On Pot Legalization

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Looks like this administration is happy to set us back from years of progress as long as it has Obama's name attached to it. That seems to be their main goal, completely erase anything Obama did whether good or bad just in spite of him and to their (this administration's) supporters' glee.

This makes me sick. This and re-legalizing for-profit prisons goes to show the motives behind such a move in my opinion.
edit on 1/4/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
not the same bull# he was talking about but here it is

www.abovetopsecret.com...

either way the 3 deaths he is talking about are bull# too

feel free to link away though cause i would love to read the case file

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Cannabis-related businesses now employ more people than there are dental hygienists and bakers in the United States and will soon surpass the number of telemarketers and pharmacists.

Link

I'd like to see what Mr. Jobs president has to say to the hundreds of thousands of people about to be put out of work by this.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Cannabis-related businesses now employ more people than there are dental hygienists and bakers in the United States and will soon surpass the number of telemarketers and pharmacists.

Link

I'd like to see what Mr. Jobs president has to say to the hundreds of thousands of people about to be put out of work by this.

He probably sees them as Democrats and thus couldn't give a # about them.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I see this as a good thing in which it will force Congress to do their job and either make it legal or start building prisons to hold everyone.

Congress loves money and if they look at the numbers they will find a windfall for them to spend and they love to spend.

They will leave it to individual states whether they want to sell it but I can see them decriminalize it and those states whom don't want to sell it will just hand out tickets.

This is the same as DACA as far as I am concerned. Obama let Congress off the hook temporarily from doing their jobs but Trump will force them to actually fix immigration...people on both sides should be happy but they convinced themselves Trump wants to throw them out when he just wants a law to decide those peoples fate instead of a temporary decidion.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Link

i dont get it man
lets just say for the conversation that grass kills the same amount of people every year as booze.
lets just say its a fact

anyone over 21 can buy booze and then they have to follow regulations or else face the penalty

it should be the #ing same for grass

you can buy booze at restaurants. bars. gas stations. etc etc

why dont they(meaning the gov) think of it as money?
seems pretty cut and dry to me

legalize it federally. tax it. regulate it.
then buy a fleet of big ass trucks to haul all that cash around
that is cash from sales

then think of the cash saved by not having to house people in jail for bull#
think of every person in jail as 25k a year

4 dudes in for a minor charge each with a years time just cost the state 100k
then think about the police salary. cop pulls them over. then tosses the car cause it smells. now he has to wait with them for the dogs. that # adds up man

it just seems like a no brainer

cut funding for the library. no money for military #. the roads in the north suck. people are hungry. people dont have water. etc etc

well if the gov would just get their heads out of their ass and start selling weed some of hat # could get handled

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
I see this as a good thing in which it will force Congress to do their job and either make it legal or start building prisons to hold everyone.

INTERESTING...

Could this but another play from Trump's Troll Playbook....
edit on 4-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

If you're talking about the "strokes" I looked at the paper linked it didnt say anything about deaths. Not even the severity of the strokes that i noted.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I think it comes down to how drug decriminalization and marijuana legalization has historically been a left wing cause.

And that's all that matters to the current administration. If nuclear safety codes were implemented by people on the left we'd be hearing about how extra radiation is good for you. Our current "leaders" (and I use that word lightly) only care about themselves and their party above all else.

As long as Trump and Sessions friends make money, to hell with what happens to the American people.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I don't think he cares one way or the other. But, he is a business man first and if he looks at the numbers as far as taxation, he will find a way to pay for the wall and healthcare.

It will also relieve a lot of pressure on the border as far as the cartels. Also a new business opportunity for Mexico which could help out that government.

The taxes raised could be forced into mental health care, education, so many possibilities waiting but yes Congress must act one way or the other before it gets really crazy

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I think it comes down to how drug decriminalization and marijuana legalization has historically been a left wing cause.

And that's all that matters to the current administration. If nuclear safety codes were implemented by people on the left we'd be hearing about how extra radiation is good for you. Our current "leaders" (and I use that word lightly) only care about themselves and their party above all else.

As long as Trump and Sessions friends make money, to hell with what happens to the American people.

i feel a bit like that too.
its hard not to especially with a bigly money guy at the head of the table. if there is one thing i feel certain about trump is that he knows how to make cash. while i think he is a dumb ass he is not stupid. there is a difference.
this man is not above smashing people verbally and sometimes i quite enjoy it. he will call a mother #er out and if he boys are not doing what he wants then he dumps them.

so what reason is there that he does not make a big push for this?
just think of it as money

also while i feel like you about it being a left wing cause i think it has. i also think that the right wingers in the government still have this up their ass about the evil weed i think a great deal more right wing people like us are more and more on the side of some form of legalize and regulate.

so now more people like us, civilians i mean are on some level pro legalization.

they know it can make a #load of money. we also have textiles and such. huge amount of money to be made. high tensile strength. grows like a bitch.

so why is this not happening?

i think 2 things

i enjoyed too much of what i should not have and i have no facts to back any of this up but it feels right

or

the gov is for sure in bed with big pharm and big prison to a level we may not have thought.

keeping a flooding south central with crack in the 80's kind of a thing going but less deadly. like not deadly at all.
pay for # they shouldnt be paying for off books?

its 2018

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I think Trump (like most politicians) could care less about cannabis being made legal if he doesn't stand to personally benefit from it.

I don't see Trump caring to change the laws if the people donating millions to keeping cannabis illegal keep funding him and his campaign.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Instead of bitching about Sessions, you folks need to realize that this was nothing more than a policy memo.

It never took Marijuana off of schedule 1 status. It changed ZERO federal laws.

All it was meant to do was reprioritize enforcement.

Blame Congress and the pot industry who thought getting it legalized at the state level here and there was enough of a victory. It wasn't, and potheads everywhere got complacent. Now they will drag the medical side down with them.

This is NOT the responsibility of the DOJ, but of Congress, and to a great degree those of us who are advocates.

So where does this go?

Everyone here needs to draft a professionally worded letter to their State Attorney General and Governor; specifically states with medical and/or medicinal legalization, and demand that they go to court on behalf of their state to defend their marijuana industries. That's not enough either. We need to go to our dispensaries, talk to patients, medical professionals and academics in our respective areas, and have them write letters too. Start with the states. They are closer to you and generally more receptive than the federal government.

If we can take this to court we can get an injunction against enforcement by the DOJ and Congress will then have to act. We have a system, let's use it.
edit on 4 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Do you mean actually work for something instead of just bitching about it on the internet? I don't know man, sounds hard
edit on 4-1-2018 by mymymy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy

Do you mean actually work for something instead of just bitching about it in the internet? I don't know man, sounds hard

I know. I spent 20 whole minutes writing my letters.

I'm filing a claim with the VA for finger fatigue when I recover feeling in my hands.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
www.mpp.org...

Type in your zip code and fill out the form. You don't even have to write a letter. You can just send the form letter and be counted.

Takes less than a minute.

We have services like this that make participation in our system a lot easier. We have the internet which makes getting and disseminating information an instant process. Let's use what we have.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

This is absurd and spiteful at this point. Legalize it.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Reefer Madness was clearly ahead of its time.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
www.mpp.org...

Type in your zip code and fill out the form. You don't even have to write a letter. You can just send the form letter and be counted.

Takes less than a minute.

We have services like this that make participation in our system a lot easier. We have the internet which makes getting and disseminating information an instant process. Let's use what we have.

Everyone should do this.

Even though the community has been writing letters and engaging with local government for years and years a few more voices can't hurt. I don't have a lot of faith in the system working to our advantage, but that's no reason not to try.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

youre right but here is the reality.
im gonna bitch and i will vote and i will sign some # but thats about it. i want it legal. it should be legal but i dont really go out and talk to people.

some will do what you just said.

other will attack people with a bike lock maaaaaan

my habits will not change. just wanna feel that little taste of no risk

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join