It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions: "Drugs Will Destroy Your Life," Recinds Cole Memo On Pot Legalization

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

People do it as recreational... but only ince lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Thanks but no thanks. I trust the international scientists on this matter.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
Maybe I want to destroy my life, Jeff. Maybe that's how I achieve "my" "pursuit of happiness"

Although, in response to OP. Marijuana has killed people and can kill people. To say it is 100% safe is a disservice to reality. It's rate of lethality would put it in the same realm as FDA approved breakfast cereals though.

I may not have the most up to date scientific analysis on marijuana, but last time I read through the NIH and NCBI and Journals of Medicine, I distinctly found 3 case studies of death attributed directly to marijuana intake, in adolescent males.

Yeah right. You might want to read it again. I've been smoking for 24 years now, every single day. I've smoked ridiculous quantities at once, I've smoked the most potent there is.... I've never been sick or felt unwell ever.

I once took a hit waaaaay big, and coughed for ten minutes...

Weed is safer than water. Drinking too much water will kill you, you can't smoke yourself to death. The worst case scenario is that you cough so hard with a damaged lung that you could have a partial collapse.... But you could just vape it, or eat it instead.

Zzzzzzz

Stop promoting propaganda.

Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome is totally fake too. I.E. it's not real.

edit on 7-1-2018 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: TinySickTears

you can walk into any head shop in this country and buy salvia totally on the level and go lose your #ing mind.

THAT is not recreational. Period.

It is a sacrament, and only that.

agreed. thats some other dimensional #.
my wife has never tried it and she said she wanted to. i told her of course i can not stop her but i highly recommend passing on that one.

she finally came to her senses though.

i told her there is a legal hallucinogen that we can get anywhere and i do not mess with it so that should tell you something right there.
she agreed

but thats a great example of how stupid all these rules and regs are.

even taking recreation out of it. grass has a lot of medical benefits but because of the schedule it cant even be studied but any asshole can go get some salvia and blast off into another world and thats totally cool.

i just dont get it

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
even with all sessions' bull# i think it will be legal for recreation in some capacity in the next 10 years.

then again my mom said she and my dad used to say the same thing in the 70's

wanna hear something crazy?

grass is schedule 1 which means it can even be researched.
you can go to jail for this cause it gets you so messed up maaaaaaan

but you can walk into any head shop in this country and buy salvia totally on the level and go lose your #ing mind.

it is complete nonsense

Salvia has been illegal in most States for over 10 years now.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: TinySickTears

I wasn't really interested in changing your mind, but my own. Experienced users probably aren't the best test subjects for whether or not small concentrations can make you feel "high."
Even so, I think its more a matter of whether it introduces active components into the bloodstream rather than if it subjectively makes someone feel "high." The latter simply has too many variables to be reliable.

I actually do feel it is pertinent though. In my experiences for fighting for this in Colorado, this specific topic came up more than you might think.

The argument, as spurious as it might be, was that legalization would lead to people becoming inebriated who did not wish to be inebriated in various circumstances and degrees of ridiculousness.

Like many such things, it was an extravagant extrapolation based on a small kernel of possibility. Those that claimed it was all BS damaged credibility when practices like shotgunning and hotboxing were brought up.

I think the importance of honest examination is even more critical when talking about nationwide actions. The "its so low it might as well be zero!" argument doesn't fly with those that are vehemently fighting against something, or anything for that matter.

Sorry bud. This has been proven scientifically to be a myth. There only way you could get a "contact" high, is if you're in a hot box, and it's not a contact high at all, you're actually breathing the smoke the same as a smoker. It's like lighting a pound on fire in a room with no exhaust, you will get high.

Can you get high from being around someone smoking a joint? Nope. It's not a "tolerance" level thing. The only people who believe in contact highs are non smokers who refuse to ever try it. I.E. it's a social placebo made up by the non user to seem "on the level."

You've never had a contact high, if you say you have, you're lying because it cannot happen.

Also, the hot box has to be so Smokey that your can't really even see and your eyes will burn. You won't even fail a urine test after a hot box unless it's just so dense you basically can't breathe.

"Shotgun" hits are straight up real hits, there is nothing "contact" about that. You can't be a bystander who accidentally gets shotgunned lol...
edit on 7-1-2018 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

youre right.
still legal in 16 states it looks like

point still stands

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: SRPrime

youre right.
still legal in 16 states it looks like

point still stands

Indeed it does.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

This video is what sold it for me. I absolutely believe that it should be allowed for at least medical use. The real crime would be to deny people like this the option to use Cannabis

These people are living a hellish life and they should get ANYTHING that will alleviate that.

edit on 7-1-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Except for all those jailed, shot in police encounters and separated from their families for years at a time...

Strangely enough if your the one locked in a concrete box “oh well, life will go on” won’t be in your vocabulary..

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

dude i saw a video of a toddler having a seizure or something and the mom sprayed a little blast of medicine and in about 20 seconds the kid started calming down and in about 40 seconds he was just laying there like normal.

i have read stories similar to that where parents had to move to a different state just to be able to legally get medicine like that. it is ridiculous that people are in that situation.

it needs to be studied and it needs to be available.

a lot of people use it for anxiety and such too.
no matter what we feel about anxiety meds people do take them. they are habit forming and while i do feel they work i do not think it is the best medicine for all people and all situations.

a very low dose thc, cbd candy could be a better alternative for some people.

there are people that take prescription meds for pain and anxiety and other things i am sure that would otherwise take marijuana if it were legal for them to do so.

that is probably an answer in itself.

best medicine ever as an appetite stimulant.

my x neighbors wife had stomach cancer and was suffering and wasting away. the prescription meds were not helping. had to basically force ensure into her.

why not suck on a little piece of mj candy and have that appetite stimulated just a little?

its a shame

there are topical creams and even thc infused suppliments that a lot of athletes are using

there are a lot of athletes in the mma and especially jiu jitsu that use these products. they are sponsored by them and everything.
i just dont see the problem

money into the economy but i think with legalization the 'wrong' people would lose money and that is the real answer.

fewer people in prison? cant have that
fewer people taking percocet and more people taking an edible? cant have that

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Umm .. yeah, drugs will (could, or maybe not?) destroy my life.

No contest ... but:

IT IS MY LIFE. My choice of how it gets destroyed ... because no life lasts forever. Period.

I want (government ... other people, including) Jeff Sessions out of my life.

Why is that so hard for me to get?

Yes he is totally ignorant. Derp!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Funny thing is marijuanan was used early in the century for many medicinal uses. Big Pharma doesn't like anything encroaching on their billion dollar territory.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Which is why trump and his stooges are trying to start banning it again.. everyone knows what political party gets the vast majority of big pharma and private prison donations..

and it rymes with crapublicans...

The same people who started the war on drugs and have repeatedly doubled down on it..

Regan even multiplying all penalties for drug
Related crimes by 10. ONLY so they could get more people to snitch..

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I wish it were only Republicans that were trying to thwart this. Democrats did nothing during Obama to stop the jailing of these offenses either.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
a reply to: underwerks

Have you read all legislation involved with handle, distribution, and testing of controlled substances?

It's a lot more than a few paragraphs on the internet, unfortunately.

The catch 22 you are speaking about is a simplification of a much larger process. Marijuana is being tested right now in dozens of laboratories across the country. Are they taking buds off the bush? Probably not. Most are likely analyzing it's derivatives, composites, and organic compound interactions within it.

What the public as a whole wants - Descheduling, and what the reality of the situation is - A heated climate of economics and lobbying influenced by parties of conflict. (Alcohol, tobacco, etc...)

My own personal tinfoil hat theory, is that alcohol and tobacco are waiting for grassroots people to build the backend infrastructure for widescale marijuana distribution and sale. Until the backbone is down and the calf is fatted and ready to eat, they are keeping legislation from allowing marijuana to eat their bottom line. Once the distribution backbone for marijuana is in place, alcohol companies will either buy up the dying tobacco companies and use them as a straw to suck up those grassroots marijuana distributors or they will just directly go after and buy all of the marijuana distribution on their own.

Yep, alcohol and tobacco is tick tock lobbying and biding it's time. Once they can snatch up the distribution backbone for marijuana, that is currently being painstakingly built by individual and local companies in the legalized states... That is when the law will start changing. When big alcohol can step in, and for the smallest amount of investment, reap the biggest profit.

I'd almost be willing to guarantee that's how it is going to go down.

Petty arguments about legislative classification are too narrow and micro focused to fix the larger issue.

We are bought and sold by money. If you want to point to today's Skynet, today's basilisk? Well, I'd say it is money. Money is an interesting antagonist. It's an artificial intelligence and machine so advanced... It doesn't even need it's own mind. It is using yours, and mine, and everyone's. Money itself, is a computer built to tear apart man, and man is the processor, man is powering the machine responsible for it's own destruction.

I'd bet you are much closer to being 100% right than not. We've come a long way since "reefer madness" yet the laws are still just as strict in most places. And it's still Schedule 1. I hope you are involved with the legalization movement. Your common sense approach is the kind needed to change minds.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join