It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions: "Drugs Will Destroy Your Life," Recinds Cole Memo On Pot Legalization

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Good Ole Boy Jeff Sessions Confirmed Today that he is Still a Southern Dumb # Redneck After All . Film At 11 .
edit on Sat Jan 6 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Good Ole Boy Jeff Sessions Confirmed Today that he is Still a Southern Dumb # Redneck After All . Film At 11 .

Who the hell hired that A hole.
edit on Sat Jan 6 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Even then I’m not so sure....

I am VERY experienced on the subject and have never seen it happen..

I’ve seen kids trying to be cool pretend.. but unless they were smoking or getting shotguns .. it’s prob in their head.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

You mean Trumps boy...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

The gop/conservatives are afraid of people choosing..

Unless it is some big corporation choosing what taxes they pay..

This is not an even money issue.. where both sides are against it..

This started as a gop policy .. then they shamed the left into jumping on board..

Now the left has grown balls and the gop is still preaching the same nonsense that got us in this mess...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Insys is just trying to keep the "legal" Opoids flowing from good, honest MD's

www.eastvalleytribune.com... .html

Chandler-based pharmaceutical company Insys Therapeutics has again been sued over its fentanyl-based medicine Subsys, this time by North Carolina.
The state is accusing Insys of illegally pushing the cancer pain medicine to boost profits amid the U.S. opioid epidemic. The suit comes amid a federal investigation that has led to charges against several former executives accused of engaging in a scheme to bribe doctors to prescribe Subsys. North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein has accused Insys of paying kickbacks to doctors to promote and prescribe Subsys for uses other than treating cancer pain and of deceiving insurers into covering prescriptions for the company’s product.
Insys previously has been sued by Arizona, New Jersey and New Mexico and has settled suits in Oregon, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Illinois.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: thepixelpusher

What do you mean Washington DC lunatics?!?!

The left has been trying to end the war on drugs for decades..

This is and has always been a gop/conservative policy..

You must have been asleep over Obamas Presidency. Obama did nothing to change the federal law against Marijuana, despite his promises.
edit on 5-1-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Shouldn't Sessions concentrate on the opioid and heroin issues in the US instead of this? Far more people are under threat from OxyContin and Heroin than pot. Also cigarettes and alcohol, which are both legal, result in millions of deaths and untold misery, but I don't hear anyone talking about rescinding their legality. To me its ludicrous to debate the dangers of marijuana and ignore the KNOWN dangers of cigarettes and alcohol. Even fast food is dangerous, again no calls to make it illegal. You cant litigate pot and ignore these things IMHO.

edit on 6-1-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
My prediction, is in the end, this will boil down to a State's rights issue, and it will eventually end up in the Supreme Court. And the States will win.

I see armed standoffs between Sate Police/Sheriffs and the Feds.

Ultimately, we know for an absolute fact, that prohibition does not work.

The winds of legalization are growing stronger daily. Canada will be legalized on a countrywide basis. Mexico isn't far behind.

Sessions is the only member of the current administration that I cannot stand. He is a mental dinosaur. A relic of the past.
edit on 6-1-2018 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
even with all sessions' bull# i think it will be legal for recreation in some capacity in the next 10 years.

then again my mom said she and my dad used to say the same thing in the 70's

wanna hear something crazy?

grass is schedule 1 which means it can even be researched.
you can go to jail for this cause it gets you so messed up maaaaaaan

but you can walk into any head shop in this country and buy salvia totally on the level and go lose your #ing mind.

it is complete nonsense

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

then again my mom said she and my dad used to say the same thing in the 70's

I'm one of those that said that in the '70s too... thought for sure it would have been long ago.

but you can walk into any head shop in this country and buy salvia totally on the level and go lose your #ing mind.

Where is a head shop in this country? And what country are you from?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

where is a head shop?
theyre all over. i can think of a handful in driving distance right now

im in the states

ohio

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Did nothing?!?!?!

What about the Cole memo that sessions just recended?!?!

You know the one where he specifically told the Fed to stay away from the states who legalized it?!?!

The same policy that was applauded by the left and attacked by the right?!?!

Could obama have done more????

Maybe... it isn’t like the gop led congress and senate would give him a decriminalization bill or anything, but he could have made it a schedule 2 or lower and didn’t..

MOST IMPORTANTLY!!! OBAMA IS NOT THE LEFT..

He was never “left”..

Obama was and always has been a moderate democrat who made a lot o weak decisions as not to appear like a dictator , even though the right was gonna pretend he was a dictator no matter what he did..

YOU MUST HAVE BEEN ASLEEP TO THE FACT THE CONSERVATIVE MOMENT IS THE WAR ON DRUGS MOVEMENT..

They started it , pushed it , implemented it and have defended it against liberals every atep of the way...

Then other conservatives doubled down on it..

It, guns and abortion are how they sheeple their base into voting to deregulate their mega corporations and lower their taxes...

All while the middle and lower class GOP voters don’t get a tax cut.. or at least not one they would ever notice..

(Disclaimer.. I don’t personally care about tax cuts.. my personal opinion is that we could cut out the middlemen and corruption and likely lower taxes and raise sevices..

However, again the conservative side isn’t saying that.. they are saying leave the corruption and middlemen. Just help less Americans..

Then when democrats say “lower taxes and expand services” they say it is unrealistic and can never happen.. )

I don’t know what conservatism was, but for my whole life it has been a propaganda joke playing off people’s religions , fears and lack of knowledge.

We spend 40k per person, per year to keep people in concrete box’s rather than giving them 15k a year in welfare.. it’s ridiculous..

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Huh, didn’t know that. Do they call them head shops? How would you know one? Back in the early ‘70s I used to go to a “record shop” for all that stuff.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

Huh, didn’t know that. Do they call them head shops? How would you know one? Back in the early ‘70s I used to go to a “record shop” for all that stuff.

yeah they call them head shops.
its more of a how could you not know one

do they sell

detox kits
blown glass
phish and the dead shirts
posters
hemp necklaces

a head shop man

incense and nag champa

the usual #

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

We spend 40k per person, per year to keep people in concrete box’s rather than giving them 15k a year in welfare.. it’s ridiculous.

Excellent point! Maybe your intelligence could manifest in the govt. They need intelligence there.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I'd assume he poses to lose revenue and lobbyist support for not addressing "marihuana". Opioids as an epidemic probably bring revenue as well despite their growing restrictions, can't have a solution to that.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

you can walk into any head shop in this country and buy salvia totally on the level and go lose your #ing mind.

THAT is not recreational. Period.

It is a sacrament, and only that.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
What I find interesting is the demand of states rights for this issue. People are screaming states rights all over the place. The irony here is when they were screaming for the feds to do something about gay marriage and how that was not a states rights issue. With the SCOUTS decision, it nullified many states that passed laws opposing Gay Marriage.

Federal Law states that marijuana is illegal and Sessions is getting ready to burn down all these blue states that have passed these laws allowing for the marijuana revenue cash cow.

I don't care either way, feel free to blaze away. I do love the irony here though. Its a popcorn moment watching everyone getting their comeuppance on their states rights temper tantrums of the past.. Tee Hee..

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The President is Not Perfect , Neither are You and I . He is just going through the Process of Separating the Wheat from the Chaff so far concerning the Individuals on his Chosen Staff in his First Term . Give it Time , those Found " Wanting " will fall by the Wayside , Mr. Sessions is on his Way there Now......
edit on 6-1-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join