It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fair Trade (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

www.rinf.com
The 48 least developed counties of the world make up 10% of the worlds population. Their share of world exports have dropped to 0.4% over the last 20 years. However, the EU and US (which together roughly accounts for 10% of the worlds population) own nearly 50% of the worlds exports.

However, the good news is that sales of Fair Trade goods in the UK have grown by 40 per cent during the past year. With CafeDirect being ranked the 6th coffee brand in the UK, and TeaDirect the 8th.

There has been a fair amount of discussion about fair trade and ending global poverty within the mainstream media. Therefore, I decided to look at some of the issues surrounding fair trade for myself.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Highlighting the injustices on global trade by the west. This is information every consumer should know - because they can make a difference.

It's like having the wool pulled from my eyes and the stats are shocking - can we really continue to call this the "free" world?

Related News Links:
www.speak.org.uk
www.fairtradefederation.com

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
um they mean exports belonging to western nations, which means they import 50 percent things (you own something if you buy it)

so the poor countries are exporting more (you sell something if you export it)
so they gain more (you profit if you sell something aka export)

you analyzed the data wrong sorry

the poorer countries are benefiting by free trade imao

new topics

join