It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lawyers try to halt book's release as White House fights to contain firestorm

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This is the guy she's defending and using as a defense for Trump.

Obama accuser has long rap sheet

Sinclair's biography, though, may get in the way of that pitch: Public records and court filings reveal that he has a 27-year criminal record, with a specialty in crimes involving deceit. The record includes forgery charges in two states, one of which drew Sinclair a 16-year jail sentence. The Pueblo County, Colo., Sheriff's Office also has an outstanding warrant for Sinclair's arrest for forging an acquaintance's signature and stealing her tax refunds.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Cool so now the gov can start controlling what books can be produced and what cant.

Great precedent to start.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This is the guy she's defending and using as a defense for Trump.

Obama accuser has long rap sheet

Sinclair's biography, though, may get in the way of that pitch: Public records and court filings reveal that he has a 27-year criminal record, with a specialty in crimes involving deceit. The record includes forgery charges in two states, one of which drew Sinclair a 16-year jail sentence. The Pueblo County, Colo., Sheriff's Office also has an outstanding warrant for Sinclair's arrest for forging an acquaintance's signature and stealing her tax refunds.

So...are you suggesting that it was ok for Beau Biden's office to issue a bogus warrant for Larry Sinclair, falsely arrest and imprison him at his press conference outing Obama for having sex and doing crack with him in 1999 -- only to drop all the charges later -- because he has unrelated prior offenses and you think he's not a good person?

Fascism at its finest, Swills.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

People that hated Trump didn't need a freggin book

Tru dat...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
Cool so now the gov can start controlling what books can be produced and what cant.

Nothing new, check out the list of books that are banned in the u.s.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

That's not on topic it's deflecting. Changing the subject. Trying to derail the thread to be about obama.

Trump is simply confirming the books validity with his alarm. He's all in a panic.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

So does that make it right.

I honestly thought you were a libertarian and a advocate of freedom of speech.

I guess then that your values are not universal and only appply so long as you like what other people have to say. It completely undermines your politics when you cherry pick like this.

Trump trying to block this is wrong. End of. For anyone who truly values freedom of speech, this is wrong

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I guess then that your values are not universal and only appply so long as you like what other people have to say. It completely undermines your politics when you cherry pick like this.

Trump trying to block this is wrong. End of. For anyone who truly values freedom of speech, this is wrong

Can you point out where I said I was okay with it?

All I said was that it's nothing new.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

So simple yes or no

Do you think it’s wrong of Trump to try and block this book being released??

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Trump is simply confirming the books validity with his alarm. He's all in a panic.

I already agreed with this point.

And I already explained that I believe in equal justice or NONE at all. I'm not going to stop pointing out inequality in the justice system and double standards because you don't like it.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So simple yes or no

You should have asked that first before assuming.

I'm always for free speech.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

To to be clear, because I think this is a first.

You think trump is wrong to try to block this book?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

So simple yes or no

Personally, I think that if people looked the other way when Obama went to much greater lengths to silence someone's freedom of speech, then they don't have a leg to stand on in this case.

We need to clean this crap up because our justice system has been weaponized.

Cute terms like 'whataboutism' just belittle the seriousness of the issue. Some of the people I see using it would rightly be up in arms about the racial disparities in our justice system. But if it favors their partisan political views...then they don't care.

Enough with the double standards. And they should be called out every single time.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

To to be clear, because I think this is a first.

You think trump is wrong to try to block this book?

Do you have a problem with reading? I already answered you.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

So now that trump is trying to suppress freedom of speech how do you feel about that?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Be honest with you, I don’t know what you’re talking about but it sounds like conservative Fake News to me. That said, he clearly already had a warrant out for fraud. That, and his book is available on Amazon right now so what are babbling about?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

So now that trump is trying to suppress freedom of speech how do you feel about that?

Depends, did he sign a nda?

If not then I'm standing up for the 1st.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Be honest with you, I don’t know what you’re talking about but it sounds like conservative Fake News to me. That said, he clearly already had a warrant out for fraud. That, and his book is available on Amazon right now so what are babbling about?

Obviously, you haven't got a clue and should never have even commented.

Since no news reported the story, I got all my facts straight from public records.

No fake news there, just direct sources.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Depends, did he sign a nda?

If not then I'm standing up for the 1st.

That does not really answer my question

I find this really interesting, you are one of the biggest trump supporters on ATS and you are saying you disagree with him on something as fundamental as his regard for first amendment rights.

Does this not make you question your support for him?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I am not sure I understand you OP? Are you saying that if you try and stop lies from being published then they are not lies?
Doesn't sound like a very logical position to take.
That said - I don't think the WH should be concerning itself with such trivial matters.

That's one of the big issues... or perhaps bonuses: The more time and energy Trump spends on things like this, the less time he has for presidential concerns and duties.

Every fight that he picks is energy and time away from running the country (not that I mind this particular result. I just thought I'd point it out.)

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join