It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lawyers try to halt book's release as White House fights to contain firestorm

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Trump haters never cease to amaze me.

They will latch on to anything for confirmation bias.

People that hated Trump didn't need a freggin book.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What's ironic is how the book will be used to Trump's advantage. Like the Trump dossier was. The one thing we can be sure of, is that Fire and Fury will quickly be overshadowed by "the next big thing".

Your right, indictment, and court proceedings, at least against Kushner, and Jr. That will overshadow this for sure.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
...picked up by an NSA receiver in a galaxy far, far away:

Bannon: "This whole election issue with Roy Moore has really messed with my mojo. I need something fast. I need the peoples' faith again. And not just the people who followed me before. I want the media on my side."

Trump: "That's a big burger you want. We must do something special. Very, very special. Would you like some fries?"

Bannon: "No I'm about the milkshakes."

Trump: "Did you return any of Woolf's calls for an interview?"

Bannon: "No. I can't suffer that fool."

Trump: "Suffer him. Suffer him like a madman. Throw me to the wolves. They will bring you the many milkshakes you desire and build you a throne with a built-in microphone. You are my Trojan horse. Giddy up!"

edit on 1/4/2018 by chasingbrahman because:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I am not sure I understand you OP? Are you saying that if you try and stop lies from being published then they are not lies?
Doesn't sound like a very logical position to take.
That said - I don't think the WH should be concerning itself with such trivial matters.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm not sure that libel qualifies as free speech, but either way I agree his book should be unabated.

I think they'd have a pretty hard time winning a libel suit in this case.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

Trump Bannon row: 11 explosive claims from new book

The BBC are reporting this.

There is nothing "explosive" about it. It is really rather sweet to know that Trump had real human emotions and is a guy just like us, which he is, albeit a rich one.

I think they are whipping up a storm. The other side did the same to Hill's Bill's. Trump sells big time. He is a hot media potato.

Really there is nothing that particularly surprises me. The Russia thing is the only really contentious issue and we have had all the gossip on that for a year now. Russia is Trump's "Monica Lewinsky"; his presidency's Achilles Heel.

edit on 4-1-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
michael wolff
the guy who admitted he did make up stuff in the past? the guy who was on cnn with brian stelter in “Reliable Sources”? which is a joke for a cnn show

the only problem with this book is its price. $21 on amazon, outrageous...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

www.bbc.co.uk...

Trump Bannon row: 11 explosive claims from new book

The BBC are reporting this.

There is nothing "explosive" about it. It is really rather sweet to know that Trump had real human emotions and is a guy just like us, which he is, albeit a rich one.

I think they are whipping up a storm. The other side did the same to Hill's Bill's. Trump sells big time. He is a hot media potato.

Really there is nothing that particularly surprises me. The Russia thing is the only really contentious issue and we have had all the gossip on that for a year now. Russia is Trump's "Monica Lewinsky"; his presidency's Achilles Heel.

Ern, have you even read your own link? The story says that Trump is basically a thin-skinned twit with no idea of what to do in the White House and who flies off the handle a lot. I've read an excerpt of the book. It left me horrified.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

It's not really libel though if it didn't have an economic impact on Trump. And that's assuming the claims in the book are actually false.

Just look at all the books that came out during Obama's administration making crazy claims based on nothing.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I think his head will just explode any minute now.
He's got to be very seriously stressed over all of this.I keep saying I bet he's sorry he ever ran. I bet his whole family is.

I disagree with many of Trump's policies and find him incapable in many areas of his duty, however i think we should give him the benefit of the doubt here. Being President is stressful in and of itself, let alone all the scandals and other untoward events/treatment Trump has to deal with. It's no wonder why he seems stressed.

link   
The leftist liberals in this thread are cracking me up, all about a book by none other then an author who has made stuff up.

Obviously trying to get it from being released is all about optics, I could care less, if libs need a new bible, so be it.

link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I think anyone would feel that way. I think anybody human can identify with those emotions. It is basically:

"WTF! They just made me President of the U.S".

Anyone with any conscience and appreciation of the role would be white as a sheet. I know I would.

Sometimes those who have to make themselves while in the job, tailoring to the role, are better than the wiseguy who thinks he knows all the ropes. Can't accuse Trump of that.

Keep hoping for politicians who double up as Saints. I will not because that is not possible, especially in politics.

We are all compromised in some way or other. I live in a real world where people have strengths and weaknesses. I am not looking for heroes.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure there's much more to this.

Given the current Russian "collusion" investigations, as well as the FBI/DOJ corruption, and Heaven only knows what else, Trump is fighting some major battles and no doubt has a strategy... and this book could jeopardize whatever that is. If this guy is writing about the Russian meeting, what else is he writing about that could negatively impact the current investigations and/or Trump's battle plan???

If I were Trump, and having no idea what else this book contains, that's what I would be worried about.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

If Obama tried to get any of the birther books banned the Right would have been screaming how it's proof that he's not eligible to be President. How is this any different?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
trump never heard of the streisand effect, i guess

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Trump is the one triggered over the book, not leftists. Though nice try about making this about leftists, in any case.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

This is censorship. No other way to spin it.

Now the same folks on the left that called me a Nazi for supporting their (Nazi) right to free expression are going to have a hard time justifying free expression.

But what can you do.

Today they're for free speech, tomorrow they'll be knocking down statues again.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I think they'd have a pretty hard time winning a libel suit in this case.

I was wondering about that... because from what I've read of the excerpts, he seems to mostly be giving opinions from other people but not making any outright accusations himself, so I'm not sure it would count as libel or defamation of character. And that's just based off what I've read, obviously not the entire book... so what do I know???

But I'm wondering why you say that...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Just another book like HRCs “What Happened”...and we all know how honest that book is...

As usual, POTUS 45 three steps ahead of MSM and the Dems. Can’t wait to see how the book negatively impacts the left, just like all the other times “it’s the end of Trump” worked out so well for them...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

he seems to mostly be giving opinions

Exactly because of that. Libel suits are hard to win because "you" have to prove that the writer knowingly published actual lies. If he's publishing a collection of people's opinions and recollections, it's going to be pretty tough to prove that a) those peoples opinions are somehow factual lies and b) that he knew it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join