It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lawyers try to halt book's release as White House fights to contain firestorm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Lawyers for Donald Trump moved on Thursday to try to shut down the explosive new book which has exposed the chaos behind the scenes at the White House.

Michael Wolff’s book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House is due to be released next Tuesday, but after extracts from the book were first made public by the Guardian, the Trump White House has been thrown into a frenzy.
www.theguardian.com...

Trump is clearly arguing both sides here in my view. His actions are saying, "Believe this book." His words are saying, "The book is fake news."

I think this situation puts Trump supporters in a bind. If they defend Trump's actions here, then they can't really defend what he's saying about this. If they defend what he's saying about this, then they'll have a hard time defending his actions.

This is the moment many have been waiting for. Trump supporters are behind the proverbial eight ball no matter which way they go here.

Your move, Trumpers.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Forget that. I want to see him take this to court and have to testify under oath on what is true or not.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

A stupid move on the part of Trump. Free expression is paramount. If the book contains lies, then counter with more free speech, not less.

This is from a Trump supporter.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I think his head will just explode any minute now.
He's got to be very seriously stressed over all of this.I keep saying I bet he's sorry he ever ran. I bet his whole family is.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This is just lawyer posturing. He can't take them to court.
But he's pretty much saying the book is true.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Blowing our Trumpet from the ATS pulpit. At this time the top of the front page is full of Trumpeteer threads.

We should rename it, Above Trump Secret.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Naturally. I know this, so that's why I'm willing to call his bluff and ask that he actually litigate. I know he won't because he knows the book is true and going to court over it will just make his position worse. Well at least his lawyers should be aware of this; I'm not so confident that Trump realizes any of this.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Oh dear. The best way to get a book read is to try and stop its publication. I know that Trump can be thin-skinned, but is no-one giving him decent advice on this subject?
edit on 4-1-2018 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

The only adviser that Trump listens to is Donald Trump. Everyone else surrounding him are just "Yes" men.
edit on 4-1-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Blowing our Trumpet from the ATS pulpit. At this time the top of the front page is full of Trumpeteer threads.

We should rename it, Above Trump Secret.

We're watching probably the biggest meltdown of a U.S. federal administration since Nixon. We should be discussing these details because it's history in the making. This is essential conspiracy content for now and all time.

This meltdown will go down in history, it will be discussed and dissected until the U.S. no longer exists, and it could be the most significant conspiracy-related news of our lifetimes.

This is essential stuff.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Some stuff I read that has been released from the book eludes to Trump having memory problems and based on a lot of his actions in public view many people have that question. Is Trump mentally incompetent to handle the job?

Some groups have kept track and Trump has made like 2000 false claims/lies in public in his first year. It is a lie if he did it on purpose it maybe a sickness if he did it unintentionally.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Heh.

In one passage from “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” Wolff recounts how Roger Ailes recommended former House speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) to serve as Trump's chief of staff. Trump's response, according to Wolff: “Who’s that?”

Never mind that Trump had golfed with Boehner in 2013 and mentioned him several times on the 2016 campaign trail. Using the Donald Trump Factbase, I found Trump mentioning Boehner on the campaign trail at least four times: April 10, 2016; Nov. 30, 2015; Oct. 14, 2015; and Sept. 25, 2015. He also tweeted about him on Oct. 8, 2015, and Sept. 25, 2015 — that last date being when Boehner resigned as speaker during the 2016 campaign.

source

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

So, my question is, how can people support this idiot? With all of the people telling us what Trump is like, I don't get it.

Trumps right hand man tells all, now Trump, as usual acts like he was not even a part of his team.

Trump has a 34% quit fire ratio. Highest in history!!! So much for only hiring "the best people"...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Controversy SELLS.

All I see is a guy got fired with a product to sell to the masses.

That's capitalizing off Trumpphobia.

And Gladly the people will be fleeced with their money.

Political books are a dime a dozen.

And Where are they now ?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A stupid move on the part of Trump. Free expression is paramount. If the book contains lies, then counter with more free speech, not less.

This is from a Trump supporter.

Boy I hope you're ready to get called a leftist/lefty/liberal, etc. with that kind of talk.

Yet, despite being a guy who still thinks he was the less #ty of the options we were given, I couldn't agree more.
edit on 4-1-2018 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm not sure that libel qualifies as free speech, but either way I agree his book should be unabated.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Controversy SELLS.

And Where are they now ?

Trump supporters never cease to amaze me. I wrote the following earlier, but I couldn't have expected what you just did (although I should have).

I think this situation puts Trump supporters in a bind. If they defend Trump's actions here, then they can't really defend what he's saying about this. If they defend what he's saying about this, then they'll have a hard time defending his actions.

Option three is to ignore all of that, and discuss something else entirely.

Naturally.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

What's ironic is how the book will be used to Trump's advantage. Like the Trump dossier was. The one thing we can be sure of, is that Fire and Fury will quickly be overshadowed by "the next big thing".

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

originally posted by: neo96
Controversy SELLS.

And Where are they now ?

Trump supporters never cease to amaze me. I wrote the following earlier, but I couldn't have expected what you just did (although I should have).

Option three is to ignore all of that, and discuss something else entirely.

Naturally.

At least it wasn't abortion.

Yet.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I think his head will just explode any minute now.
He's got to be very seriously stressed over all of this.I keep saying I bet he's sorry he ever ran. I bet his whole family is.

Yes, I saw a picture of him in the Whitehouse with his lawyers. He is looking really stressed indeed. There is something in this that he is a bit terrified of, may be?

Is there something we don't know yet? He has had just about every allegation conceivable tossed at him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join