It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FREE CALIFORNIA: ICE Director Thomas Homan Calls For Arrest of Politicians in Sanctuary Cities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

you're just signing the dotted line for this to become a larger normalcy in places like this.

Either you haven't been outside California in a long time or you aren't very observant but...........

IT ALREADY IS THE LARGER NORMALCY almost everywhere!

Ever hear the old saying "locking the barn door after the horse has escaped?" That's precisely where the US is on border control. I mean really. Have you been anywhere near the border of late? 75% of the Border patrol agents are........Mexican's! Rich irony there and probably explains why every year, buried on the back page of you local leftist rag there's a story about X number of Border Patrol being prosecuted for taking bribes.

I haven't been "groomed" to apathy, I'm simply in touch with the reality of the situation as it presently exists! This fight was lost 30 years ago!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
another example of the 2 tier system of laws in America, one set of laws for the elite and politicians and a different set of laws for the commoners.

aiding and abetting people who are in the country illegally is a violation of federal law, if YOU did it you could go to prison, but if politicians do it they get a pass.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Well, of course it is! But that's been being undermined in the US for years! It simply became more the norm under Obama's administration. And I'm not downing Obama by making that statement, just pointing out his lax enforcement caused further erosion. So..........ignored the Sanctuary Cities, now States and held up enforcement of Federal Drug laws relative to MJ.

There's another way to look at this I think, and its kind of interesting.
After years of chipping away at State's Rights, now the Leftists are pushing hard to be exempt from the operation of Federal Law......i.e., they're now done a 180 and are fighting for GREATER States Rights.

See: thehill.com...

California doesn't have to do a "hard" secession; its already doing a de facto "soft" secession. We may well see Texas start doing much the same thing relative to voter ID and redistricting. And there's a big push on in Texas and Louisiana to fully legalize MJ and I think it will happen in Texas in 2019.

But the steady erosion of equal protection is going to further undermine the Democratic processes in the US and that's why, in a story I saw yesterday, the people who grade "Democracies" puts the US in the middle as a measure of the extent to which its a "good and valid functioning Democracy".

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Heh. This is entirely unconstitutional. The federal government cannot coerce the state governments to obey. Leave it to Trump supporters to support authoritarian measures to get your way because you don't like the way those states conduct themselves.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Heh. This is entirely unconstitutional. The federal government cannot coerce the state governments to obey. Leave it to Trump supporters to support authoritarian measures to get your way because you don't like the way those states conduct themselves.

California created this mess.

However, people here are beginning to wake up.

As much as I disagree with the way my home state is governed.

The last thing we need is the Feds imposing their will here.

Besides, it's unconstitutional...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I've read a few of your posts now and have been on the fence. You're obviously ingrained on the Trump side of the spectrum and I appreciate your fervor.

However, when you start using false information to attempt to make a point it completely invalidates you in my mind. Your little meme there is all cutesy but completely inaccurate.

A) It's not even the correct full quote. The second half, I'm not sure where it came from.
B) Both men did not say the same quote, even if it was correct.

Please use logic and reasoning and step away from fictitious, inciting falsehoods.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

TonyS, I haven't lived in California since 1998. Since I left, I have lived in Germany, TN, and KY.

What you are doing in conflating the US' border policy with the discussion on California's sanctuary cities. Since I'm both very observant and have, in fact, been outside of California for exactly half of my lifetime, I understand plenty about the difference between sanctuary cities and the average American city.

Nothing that I said in my comment to which you replied has anything to do with U.S. border control nor the demographic make-up of border agents.

In any event, you are being apathetic, contrary to your claim--you literally said:
    - "its really two late to care"
    - "the damage has been done"
    - "no one or at least only a few care what what happens in California"
    - "I am at a loss to explain what demographic is concerned about this any more"
    - "me and my friends dont even talk about it anymore"
    - "For who is this even a thing anymore?"

I'm uncertain as to which source you're using for word definitions, but if that's not apathy, I don't know what is. Yes, many Californians are apathetic about it, but many also are not.

A fight is only lost when you give up--it appears that you have given up. Not everyone has--I figured that you would actually like to hear that.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

We should embrace this.

Lets declare federal tax, and income tax sanctuary status. We face eminent deterioration of our living conditions as a result of heavy taxes. We choose not to comply with this.

Also, All federal and state laws are subject to local vote. Every city has sovereign rights now.

Politicians can form small autonomous principalities around themselves that have their own authority as self governing city states.

There is more that can be done.

edit on 1 4 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

maybe we can just give CA to mexico? I mean It would solve a ton of problems

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

You, know, yea, some 25 years or so ago, this was a big deal with a lot of people, incuding myself were all upset about the Open Borders policy of the Feds and the states as supported by both political parties, for different reasons of course.

After 25 years of this, its really two late to care; the damage has been done. As a result, no one or at least only a few care what what happens in California. I am at a loss to explain what demographic is concerned about this any more. Older Anglos such me and my friends dont even talk about it anymore. The Hispanics dont care. For who is this even a thing anymore?
Anyone who's looking for a job cares...Anyone who is concerned with the future of our Country cares...Anyone who is on Medicare or Medicaid or Social Security should care...The illegals sucking the money out of our gov't coffers are draining the funds that are needed for Citizens...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Welcome to California! The Demcrats welcome illegals, felons and gang members. After all, we need the votes desperately and will pander to any special interest that comes our way, even it means betraying our alleged "ideals"

^The logic Komifornia.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Since the Census is the determining factor in the number of House seats allocated to each state, those states with large numbers of illegal immigrants get extra seats (and more power to determine appropriations, electoral votes, etc.) at the expense of others.

This is something the Trump admin is going to take care of, one way or another.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Good luck with "Custer's Last Stand". Dont look now, but you are surrounded.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Love that conservatives are all about states rights,smaller federal government and less federal overreach until they're in power. Then it's stop all these liberal states from implementing they're ideals.

Marijuana is about the perfect example of Republicans not giving two sh*ts about states rights. They're in the pockets of big pharma and big cotton, if that's a thing lol. Those conservatives ideals are rather brittle when faced with a liberal state trying to do it's own thing.

Also, liberal states aren't stopping ICE from doing their jobs stupid. Sanctuary cities mean those cities won't divert STATE police resources for immigration, meaning they don't want to waste police time and money chasing down illegals when they have better things to do. Police work is already hard enough without having to add immigration officer to their duties.

Every police chief of evey major city in Texas said these laws forcing LOCAL police officers to be immigration officers is damaging to the relationship between law enforcement and diverse communities. As well as diverting already strained police resources away from organized crime and the like.

So why are you only sh*tting on California Democrats?
Why not Texas conservative Police Chiefs?...lol

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Lmao you consider that unfair representation. Vermont has a population of 600,000. California has a population of 39 million. They both have the same number of senators lol

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
Lmao you consider that unfair representation. Vermont has a population of 600,000. California has a population of 39 million. They both have the same number of senators lol

Yep, the way the founding fathers intended it.

It would be ridiculous for California to have 65 times the number of senators that Vermont does.

edit on 8-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree
You don't seem to understand that "aiding and abetting" has a completely different definition than "ignoring"

States don't want to turn every state police officer into an immigration officer. They don't want to waste money,time and police resources of this frivolous sh*t. If the federal government wants to deport people it can with it's own money and federal ICE agents.

I don't see why you're all so uppity about states wanting their police officers to do police work instead of being immigration officers. And if your only argument is that it's a crime, well j-walking and smoking weed are crimes but most police officers ignore it because they have better sh*t to do.

Liberals are for big government and federal overreach. Conservatives for states rights and less federal government overreach. Wtf happened to your ideals?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ahw you replied to my joke, but not my clearly logical arguments lol

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

providing aid to people who you know are illegal isn`t just ignoring the laws it`s violating the laws. I have no doubt that when or if mayors and city councils are hauled into court for violating the aiding and abetting laws, they will be found guilty.

edit on 9-1-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join