It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FREE CALIFORNIA: ICE Director Thomas Homan Calls For Arrest of Politicians in Sanctuary Cities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
www.pastemagazine.com...

Homan said the Department of Justice needs “to file charges against the sanctuary cities” and “hold back their funding.”

Homan, who was announced in December as President Trump’s pick to permanently run the agency, went on to say that politicians enforcing sanctuary city policies need to be held “personally accountable.”

“We gotta take [sanctuary cities] to court, and we gotta start charging some of these politicians with crimes,” he said.

Nor was Homan shy about issuing a threat to California in response to Gov. Jerry Brown’s legislation:

“Well look, if he thinks he’s protecting immigrant communities, he’s doing quite the opposite. Because if he thinks ICE is going away, we’re not. There’s no sanctuary from federal law enforcement. Matter of fact, we’re in the process now, I’m going to significantly increase our enforcement presence in California, we’re going to detail additional enforcement assets to California. California better hold on tight, they’re about to see a lot more special agents, a lot more deportation officers.”

Wow, that almost sounds like I'm obligated to report aliens to ICE instead of giving them free food, housing, healthcare, education, and lawyers. /s
1-866-347-2423 for the Ice Hotline

I can't stand these CA Dems thumbing their noses at our President. Don't they know we elected him because of places like CA that are ruining our whole nation, protecting illegals, stifling small business and destroying the middle class with their ridiculously high taxes? Not to mention their education system has gone to crap.

edit on 4-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Hilarious, I doubt deporting illegals is going to fix the US train wreck somehow, it's almost spiteful just because they can't rip them off through taxes like non-illegals.

Dollars or death

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

You, know, yea, some 25 years or so ago, this was a big deal with a lot of people, incuding myself were all upset about the Open Borders policy of the Feds and the states as supported by both political parties, for different reasons of course.

After 25 years of this, its really two late to care; the damage has been done. As a result, no one or at least only a few care what what happens in California. I am at a loss to explain what demographic is concerned about this any more. Older Anglos such me and my friends dont even talk about it anymore. The Hispanics dont care. For who is this even a thing anymore?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It's no different here in wisconsin. We have a town in the center of our state that brought/accepted a bunch of Somali immigrants to stay there.

They are given housing, medical, and a basic living wage.
They wander the streets with their goats harassing people and generally terrorizing traffic by wandering aimlessly without regard to traffic laws, or any other laws.

Gotta love it. The laws don't apply to them, they pay no tax, and are free to do as they please.

I on the other hand, am taxed to death for being self employed, get zero assistance , and follow the laws and building codes or am penalized HEAVILY....
And I am pulling down a whopping 38-42k /year, do volunteer work, and do my best to employ people.

Yup, that's progressives for ya, always helping.....

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Nooblet here go easy. Here is the part that bugs me. States pick and choose which federal laws to follow. If a state wants to ignore federal law and make something legal, like medical MJ, then its ok, but if they choose to ignore another federal law, like immigration, then it's not ok.

I'd prefer that ICE do their job, but when is it cool and when is it not cool to follow federal laws and which ones?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: UpsideDownWorld

I see your point, but Marijuana sales MAKE money. Illegal immigrants COST money.
I'm personally just tired of my taxes going up to support people who aren't paying taxes/sending money out of the country. If they would find a way to naturalize them and make them contribute to the economy instead of drawing off of it, I wouldn't care. But seeing as how criminals are getting rewarded for not contributing, I'm pissed.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits

I see your point, but Marijuana sales MAKE money. Illegal immigrants COST money.
I'm personally just tired of my taxes going up to support people who aren't paying taxes/sending money out of the country. If they would find a way to naturalize them and make them contribute to the economy instead of drawing off of it, I wouldn't care. But seeing as how criminals are getting rewarded for not contributing, I'm pissed.

Absolutely true. That part flew past me.
Now from a monetary standpoint, yes. But it is also still breaking federal law. Like medical MJ is legal where I am, but I wont get mine, cause a buddy of mine got his, along with a letter saying he now cannot get his CPL. So why wont my state break that law too for it's citizens? But I see your point and this is a little different.
edit on 4-1-2018 by UpsideDownWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

It's no different here in wisconsin. We have a town in the center of our state that brought/accepted a bunch of Somali immigrants to stay there.

They are given housing, medical, and a basic living wage.
They wander the streets with their goats harassing people and generally terrorizing traffic by wandering aimlessly without regard to traffic laws, or any other laws.

Gotta love it. The laws don't apply to them, they pay no tax, and are free to do as they please.

I on the other hand, am taxed to death for being self employed, get zero assistance , and follow the laws and building codes or am penalized HEAVILY....
And I am pulling down a whopping 38-42k /year, do volunteer work, and do my best to employ people.

Yup, that's progressives for ya, always helping.....

Thanks for what you do.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I hear you, it's stupid that you can't have a CPL if you have weed. Like stoned people are super violent.

I think they should just charge a permit fee after signing an agreement that you won't sell it or give it to minors. (Weed-not CPL's)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It's a "thing" to the law.
So long as we have political parties picking and choosing which laws to enforce and which to ignore the concept of equal protection kind of goes out the window doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler
...politicians enforcing sanctuary city policies need to be held “personally accountable.”..and...start charging...these politicians with crimes,” he said....we’re going to detail additional enforcement assets to California. California better hold on tight, they’re about to see a lot more special agents, a lot more deportation officers.”

New theme song for Trump's next press conference.

Anyways...he [Trump] did say that is what he was going to remove Illegals and enforce federal laws and he didn't lie to anyone's face.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I'd do more if I could afford it.
We got a threatened with a fine last year for putting a wooden cart full of veggies from the garden out by the road.w Had a sign that said "take what you need or bring it to someone who needs".

This year we will charge a penny per item so it's not handouts. It's not my fault if my change falls out of pocket when putting it up....

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

For who is this even a thing anymore?

People who don't succumb to groomed apathy over the situation.

My family lives in California, and it's still an issue, even if it's not written down on protest signs or plastered on the news.

Yes, the average person might not care because they cannot imagine a life without subsidizing such government-sponsored behavior, but if the older people who remember a time when it wasn't such a major issue allow that reality to peter out into the land of forgotten memories, you're just signing the dotted line for this to become a larger normalcy in places like this.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I'd do more if I could afford it.
We got a threatened with a fine last year for putting a wooden cart full of veggies from the garden out by the road.w Had a sign that said "take what you need or bring it to someone who needs".

This year we will charge a penny per item so it's not handouts. It's not my fault if my change falls out of pocket when putting it up....

Yeah, so you can't give away free stuff of your choosing, but they can take your money and give people "free" stuff with it. Gotta love it.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: TonyS

For who is this even a thing anymore?

People who don't succumb to groomed apathy over the situation.

My family lives in California, and it's still an issue, even if it's not written down on protest signs or plastered on the news.

Yes, the average person might not care because they cannot imagine a life without subsidizing such government-sponsored behavior, but if the older people who remember a time when it wasn't such a major issue allow that reality to peter out into the land of forgotten memories, you're just signing the dotted line for this to become a larger normalcy in places like this.

I don't subscribe to the notion no one cares either. It was a big issue in the '16 election. It consistently rates in the top 5 of voter concerns along with the economy/jobs. You know what doesn't rate very high? Nonsense like which bathroom guys who think they're a girl want to use.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Yup. I love my town, and try to help my neighbors. And I consider the whole country is technically my neighbors, and I would like to help all of them. However the government is that one house in the neighborhood that needs burnt down and it's residents chased off.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

i don't like the 2 pics at bottom of your post. i like to think we are a country of rebels who conquered this land. i mean, just ask the native americans what they think. i bet you get anything but immigrants from them. we came, rebelled against our leaders and conquered this land. but i agree with the guys from ice 100%. get them illegals. every time i have been caught doing something illegal i paid for it.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

you know the feds are still raiding places in california and colorado right? to them it IS still illegal. they may not raid them as often as they use to. but they are still doing it.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I'm hoping for CalExit or the big one to submerge Commiefornia for good.

The rest of the country would be better off.

edit on 4-1-2018 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

...and in other news, 49 states have voted that California should secede from the United States.

(Actually, make that 48. Hawaii, you can go too.)
edit on 1/4/18 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join