It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The power of a ‘McNugget’...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Padang Peanut Sauce.

We usually use the chicken from Tyson "Honey Chicken Crispers", and make wraps with them. A couple of chicken tenders, some avocado, some tomato, maybe a bit of spinach, and the padang peanut sauce.

I don't eat many cheap, easy meals (i like the labor of cooking)...but that is one I like.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: badw0lf

You said it, our Chicken McNuggets are made of real horse fillet, thank you very much.

Horse is actually delicious.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

i have a dog that looks like a McNugget. His back leg, when he's laying down, makes him have the profile of a chicken mcnugget. And he has the right color, too.

And his paws smell like popcorn. Just like a mcnugget does.

Please don't eat him...

I can imagine it now, just like those cartoon. BFFT is sitting around watching TV, starts to get the tummy rumbles, looks over, and sees a huge chicken nugget on the floor. Oh my...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I haven't eaten McDonalds in over 6 years or more.

I haven't had any of those McSponges in well over a decade or more.

What would I do for a nugget? Not a whole lot actually. Probably wouldn't even give them to a homeless person.
edit on 4-1-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Hmmm, I've never tried peanut sauce. I know there's a Thai version of peanut sauce that includes fish paste & I just figured they all had that in it. (Wow. When I actually read that out loud, it sounds incredibly stupid lol. Why would all peanut sauces have fish paste in them? Such a stupid assumption... Maybe I'll have to look for some that don't have fish paste & then try it.)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

He's got a nice scruff around his neck. His value to nuzzle into is far greater than his caloric and nutritional value.

If only he didn't like to sit and fart while watching me have breakfast.

The little fat weenie dog, on the other hand....she would fit nicely in a bun I think.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Padang is a thai peanut sauce. I believe it has fish paste in it.

If you know how to make a thai peanut sauce, make your own. The only thing Padang has that I don't usually see in other peanut sauces is sesame oil, which is a "must have" for me.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It has the power to shut my grandson up no matter how bad a mood he's in.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I just looked and there's a version by a company "House Of Tsang" that doesn't have fish paste in it. So I might try that some time. (I looked on walmart's website & found this.)

The only other chicken dish that I really miss is the chicken gyro from a local mom & pop's out here. It's the best chicken I ever had in my life (though everyone else that I knew preferred their lamb gyro, which I pretty much hated). 2 "honorable mentions" would be the Burger King Chicken Tendercrisp sandwich & Subway's chicken teriyaki sub with sweet onion sauce. But they chicken gyro & O'Charley's chicken tenders blow them out of the water.

Ok, why am I reminiscing on meat products? lol I need to go eat a salad & drink some dark chocolate almond milk so I can purge these foul thoughts. get it? "foul" thoughts... lol. ETA: ok it would've been better if i'd spelled it "fowl thoughts" but meh
edit on 4-1-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Aww, he looks deliciously adorable.

And look at that poor, sad, cute little face: it cries "Please don't eat me with your homemade peanut sauce!"

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

He stole my heart.

Spent the first 18 months of his life being shuttled from rescue to rescue, barely avoiding euthanasia on 3 occasions. When we saw him in the humane society, they told us they would discount him 50% (the costs offset chipping, neutering, shots, and flea dip) because he'd been passed around so long and they wanted him placed in a home soon.

He was cowering in the back corner of the kennel, sharing a space with a pit bull terrier that seemed to bully him pretty badly.

We tried to adopt another rescue a couple of weeks ago, and the humane society (we are in a new town) decided they wanted us to bring Samby up to meet his potential new friend. Samby, being traumatized by his early life experience, could only stand and shake uncontrollably while he was there. Heart breaking to see my sweet boy go through that. So we passed on a new adoption for the time being.

Sorry for the off topic...i love that dog so much it just comes pouring out.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You're going to have to change your name to bigheartedfatfurrytexan.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

That's a beautiful story.

I have a few myself.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Yeah, I think it is. I don't actually remember what it tastes like but I'm pretty sure I've eaten it at least a couple times.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

It is not an ad. It is an admission of love of everything McDonalds Chicken nuggets.
edit on 1/5/2018 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
It has the power to shut my grandson up no matter how bad a mood he's in.

Same as my niece though she prefers Chick Fil A (Cow Chickens)...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Shame they arent deep “fry-able”.

Their survivability from pink goop to a crispy wonder is all I need. I’m a slave to nuggets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join