It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Caused Democrats In Congress to Meet With a Psychiatrist Last Month.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

from your quote:

"But he's done what he actually told the people he was going to do, and they're not going to abandon him."

Isn't that what really matters when it comes to the President? Isn't that more important than attacking him for his tweets, hair color or his eating habits?

He is a weirdo for sure but he does what he said he will do. Additionally he also does things that no lifetime politicians would dare to do, like stop aiding pakistan, a terrorist country. He is weird he is ballsy but not crazy...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Isn't that what really matters when it comes to the President?

Sure , a President who does what he's said he will do is important but not as important as a President who is mentally stable , how can you trust his judgement if his mental state is not fit for purpose ?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I see your point, but at this moment I am more concerned fatboy Kim's mental state than Trumps. Dems should do the same I reckon...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
you know it's BS when they want to spend more money on Trumps metal health evaluation, than they did investigating 9/11 ...

edit on 4-1-2018 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Any mental health professional willing to diagnose a patient without direct observation is not very professional, and worthy of ridicule among their peers.

"Direct observation" does not include assuming he pens his own tweets, or watching him on tv.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

And this is why i question the professionalism of the mental health authorities you cite.

They have essentially rubber stamped an ad hominem attack, making it pseudo-authoritative.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Any mental health professional willing to diagnose a patient without direct observation is not very professional, and worthy of ridicule among their peers.

Either that or they are genuinely concerned and broke with convention because of it , I'm not a mental health professional but even I can see his mental frailties surface in his words and actions.
I would rather professionals speak out about their concerns when the stakes are so high , should they just ignore the obvious because he's the President or is it incumbent on them them to speak out because he's the President ?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

If they speak out it shows they arent professionals.

You cannot diagnose someone without actually meeting them for interaction. People who do diagnose sight unseen are not acting professionally, and are fraudulently applying their credentials as political partisans.

Ive worked in mental health prior to my professional life.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

and broke with convention

It is not convention, it is fundamental to one's ethics, ethics a professor should laud rather than grind under her heels.

Based on the very same technique they have used, then, how did Arnold become the Governor of Cali.

Have they considered that what he does is filling a role. Have they considered how many people work on those tweets.

I could easily suggest that he has a small army of military psychologists trained in the offensive side of psychology suggesting material for his tweets.

You can't do psychology without seeing the patient. It is wrong and un-ethical in the extreme.

P

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Its wholly dishonest.

My wife is an actual mental health professional who hates Trump. Even she thinks this story is ridiculous

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

You cannot diagnose someone without actually meeting them for interaction.

People in his own party who have done that are speaking out.

On Wednesday, following Trump's lunch meeting with Senate Republicans to discuss tax reform and other issues the day prior, former Republican Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma said the president "has a personality disorder."
"We have a leader who has a personality disorder,” Coburn told The New York Times. "But he's done what he actually told the people he was going to do, and they're not going to abandon him."

Coburn, a former medical doctor who served in the Senate from 2005 through 2015, was explaining why he doubts that other GOP senators would speak out against the president like Corker and Flake had.
uk.businessinsider.com...

I'm not affiliated to either of your political parties I speak as a concerned member of this planet , there is a problem and it will only get worse as time goes on.

I think you're a smart bloke Tex , surely you can see the problem people are talking about.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

People who arent clinicians?

Im not accusing you of anything....im accusing media of running questionable stories in a constant barrage of questionable nonsense against a president they have been very clear on not liking.

The media bias is obvious. Especially when trying to play armchair psychologist. Calling into question someones mental faculties is the epitome of ad hominem.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

The "problem people are talkimg about" boils down to someone who doesnt employ political correctness.

I wholly reject this. Hes different. Not crazy. And the entire planet will benefit from rejecting normalizing "different" as "crazy".

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Calling into question someones mental faculties is the epitome of ad hominem.

I thought the same in 2015/16 when ATS was overrun with 'mental' Hillary memes and regular threads and posts claiming she had dementia and other conditions. It wasn't good back then and isn't good now the shoe's on the other foot. It wasn't cool back in the GWB days either when he was depicted as someone who'd struggle to finish a five-piece child's jigsaw.

I guess with both parties historically running attack ads they can both live with the results. They've created this hateful environment and rubber-stamped the approach.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Only two days? I don’t think any of those Congress Critters are cured.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Perhaps all you intuitive's might also predict the next 'big one' in Cali along with your President Trump 'meltdown'. Pretty clear the same old faces, who carry this butt-hurt like they carry on their high school hair-do. If this were 'Laugh-in' from the 60's, the libs would be the guy in the raincoat riding the tricycle perpetually crashing and falling over.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I agree with this wholeheartedly. But can we agree that you can observe someone and then make the recommendation for a formal interaction. That is the route they should have taken with this. Instead of trying to make a diagnosis.

I believe part of the yearly physical that our presidents go through should include a mental assessment of some sort. We don't need someone who suddenly thinks his pet bunny told him to nuke Idaho sitting in that chair lol. (that, of course, is comedic and not an actual claim).

I admittedly don't care for the man. But there's too many examples of people trying to reach a conclusion without taking the steps in-between. (that can actually be posed both ways I guess)

I'm feeling philosophical this morning and will say this. I think we all want the same thing for America. To reach our greatest potential. We only have different routes in mind to reach our destination. Not better, not worse. Just different.

Stay strong my brethren, we will all survive no matter what the immediate future holds.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If they speak out it shows they arent professionals.

The Goldwater Rule

On occasion psychiatrists are asked for an opinion about an individual who is in the light of public attention or who has disclosed information about himself/herself through public media. In such circumstances, a psychiatrist may share with the public his or her expertise about psychiatric issues in general. However, it is unethical for a psychiatrist to offer a professional opinion unless he or she has conducted an examination and has been granted proper authorization for such a statement.

Principles of Medical Ethics with Annotations Especially Applicable to Psychiatry

www.npr.org...
edit on 4-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Leading professionals have been told they may discuss Donald Trump's mental health, because of his unprecedented behaviour.
Psychiatrists are traditionally bound by a rule that prevents them from talking about the mental wellbeing of public figures, or diagnosing them from afar. But the new ruling from the American Psychoanalytic Association suggests that rule is breaking down because of the President's behaviour.
A statement emailed to the group's 3,500 members said the leader's actions had led to a re-consideration of what is referred to as the Goldwater Rule.
www.independent.co.uk...

Sometimes rules have to be amended to fit the situation.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
LoL! The ones with the mental illness are the sociopaths meeting with the psychiatrist because some of their power has been muted by an election by the people. They are beyond desperate. They are the enemy of the Truth and Trump tweets and speaks way too much truth for them to stand it. Politicians have been losing elections since there have been elections, but these special little snow flakes just can't accept that. They need to get out of any kind of public service and pursue their power in the private sector.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join