It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Lawyer Sends Cease-And-Desist Letter To Steve Bannon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

And nobody...of any age, wants to believe they've been tricked or fooled or duped.
But they have. What Bannon and Wolfe have said is that trump never intended to win. He was setting up a trump network with the recognition he'd gained.
He never intended to win therefore has no plans for our country. He never intended to win so he could make all kinds of crazy promises like getting Mexico to pay for a boarder wall. He never intended for anything he said to ever have to be accomplished so he never made any plans, he didn't have a cabinet in mind, he didn't even have an acceptance speech written for election night.
I don't even know how to process this information and you know I didn't vote for him.
Knowing you guys could have had a normal republican as a candidate who might have really been able to accomplish some GOP goals without the drama but instead they got P. T. Barnum putting on a show.
There may even be a crime in there somewhere.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

If he's so feeble he can't remember he needs to hit the day room not the oval office.
YA FIRED !

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: AMPTAH

If he's so feeble he can't remember he needs to hit the day room not the oval office.
YA FIRED !

Not in the age of Trump.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

If he signed an NDA, and he broke it without a court order, he is not going to win any fight. He needs to abide by the legal agreement he made.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I can see this going all the way up the courts. Trump makes everyone sign an NDA, always has. But is that really in the best interest of the USA when used by a POTUS in the White House? Is it even legal?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
If what Bannon said is true, I wonder if he could cover himself with the Whistleblower Protection Act.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

I hope Bannon fights this in court. If he can prove he's been telling the truth in this case, it could destroy the whole Trump family's reputation forever with or without impeachment.

Why would you want that? Schadenfreude?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I can see this going all the way up the courts. Trump makes everyone sign an NDA, always has. But is that really in the best interest of the USA when used by a POTUS in the White House? Is it even legal?

That is a great question.

That said....Bannon is just a little more slimey that Trump. I trust him like i trust a blood clot.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Why would you want that? Schadenfreude?

I'll repeat the answer that I ironically gave you in another thread.

Summary: Trump knew that things would go down the drain without a massive change of course, and Trump hasn't changed course enough.

Listen to this interview with Trump. He claims that the U.S. "will become like Greece" when the national debt reaches $24 trillion. I had hope that Trump could pull off some kind of miracle, but Trump's tax bill will add a lot to the debt. Trump has not made any truly significant enough changes in the system to stop the eventual crash from happening. He theoretically could have done it, but he's done nothing substantial. I see it all as rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic at this point.

www.youtube.com...

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The consensus among experts seems to be that Bannon's NDA means nothing. I don't agree that he has any obligation to follow it anyway considering the stakes in this case.

Trump's cease-and-desist letter: A ‘desperate’ attempt to silence Bannon

edit on 4-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym
I think liberal groups should come together to give Bannon all the help he needs. What an amazing partnership that would be.

i wouldn't give bannon as much as a teaspoon of used cat litter. he can go rot... or continue to rot, anyway.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

I think liberal groups should come together to give Bannon all the help he needs. What an amazing partnership that would be.

i wouldn't give bannon as much as a teaspoon of used cat litter. he can go rot... or continue to rot, anyway.

If leftists are going to support Bannon, they'll be using him as a pawn. This is probably a one-time-only opportunity to take Trump down (without having to rely on politicians).

Most people seem to believe basically the entire Congress is corrupt. Republicans probably won't remove Trump from office.

There is one glimmer of hope. If Trump becomes unpopular enough or if he causes the Republicans to be unpopular enough, then he'll probably be removed from office.

This is the chance for ordinary citizens to take fate into their hands by using Bannon as a pawn. They can at the very least remove Trump from any possibility of being elected again by backing Bannon's case all the way.

I realize idealists will mostly refuse this idea, but idealists don't usually get far in politics.
edit on 4-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

“non-disparagement agreement”

Not non-disclosure...

Non-disparagement... hahaha...

AKA a non-saying mean things agreement.

Brilliant.

It's Trump's safe space.

And Bannon's worst nightmare... being silenced by a triggered snowflake.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

If leftists are going to support Bannon, they'll be using him as a pawn. This is probably a one-time-only opportunity to take Trump down (without having to rely on politicians).

No offense, but have you already forgotten the massive battle in Alabama between Bannon's guy Roy Moore and Doug Jones (who was getting backing from progressives all around the country)?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I believe this is probably history repeating.

I was actually being facetious... It seems that is always the goal in these cases. You can't get someone on the actual charge so lets ask endless questions to try and get a perjury instead. In the end this whole case stinks as how it all got started and how it endlessly goes on with nothing of significance. The funny part is they might prove there was contact that was totally legal, but then still push a perjury charge.

As example in Clinton's case it started as an investigation into real estate transactions and ended up with a sex scandal for his so called impeachment (never left office)..lol really???

That was Clinton's second term so no big deal...this is looking like a move to prevent Trump from running for his second.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

No offense, but have you already forgotten the massive battle in Alabama between Bannon's guy Roy Moore and Doug Jones (who was getting backing from progressives all around the country)?

I always said let the vote decide and it did without Bannon or your huge progressive backing. The people there that are vastly Conservative just didn't vote due to Moore's believable actions of dating underage woman.

You use the word progressive a lot, so are you using it differently than the nice sounding way to represent Communism? If you are I would think of a different way to describe you political views since the Communist have owned that word since the 1940s.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Why doesn't Trump just write a book?

He would get the opportunity to reveal the truth, in his own words, that he did meet with the Russians, but all they discussed was "golf" and his "grand kids" ?

That worked for Bill.

Why keep everybody in suspense?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You use the word progressive a lot, so are you using it differently than the nice sounding way to represent Communism? If you are I would think of a different way to describe you political views since the Communist have owned that word since the 1940s.

Is this even going to be worth my time? Here's Merriam-Webster's definition for progressive. And here are the first sentences of wikipedia's article on Progressivism:

Progressivism is the support for or advocacy of improvement of society by reform.[1] As a philosophy, it is based on the Idea of Progress, which asserts that advancements in science, technology, economic development, and social organization are vital to the improvement of the human condition.

Perhaps you should start there.
edit on 4-1-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join