It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Lawyer Sends Cease-And-Desist Letter To Steve Bannon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

A lawyer for President Donald Trump sent a cease-and-desist letter to Steve Bannon on Wednesday after the former White House chief strategist’s incendiary comments about the Trump presidency were revealed in a forthcoming book. 

ABC News was the first to obtain the letter in which attorney Charles Harder said Bannon broke the terms of a “confidentiality and non-disparagement agreement” he had signed when he joined Trump’s presidential campaign in August 2016.
m.huffpost.com...

I hope Bannon fights this in court. If he can prove he's been telling the truth in this case, it could destroy the whole Trump family's reputation forever with or without impeachment.

Will this be an epic fight, or will Bannon give up easily?

I think liberal groups should come together to give Bannon all the help he needs. What an amazing partnership that would be.

I think Bannon will back down without a fight. Bannon against Trump is like an ant against an elephant.
edit on 4-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

I think liberal groups should come together to give Bannon all the help he needs. What an amazing partnership that would be.

Weren't they calling him a bigoted, neo-nazi, alt-right, white supremacist russian spy not too long ago?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Politics makes strange bedfellows.

Bannon is no threat to anyone anymore. Helping Bannon wouldn't be the point. The point would be getting to Trump.

This could all be done in the background and secretly, so the liberal groups could save face.

This is their chance to get Trump without having to rely on politicians.

I don't see how they can pass it up.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I'm not so sure Bannon didn't see the writing on the wall and so he jumped first to attack Trump.

If Bannon were a leaker and Trump was going to take legal action either way it'd make sense for Bannon to call out Trump first.

I think that's what is going on here.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

I think liberal groups should come together to give Bannon all the help he needs.

No that's not gonna happen, that sad sack is free to wither away as soon as possible.

What is most humorous is how "Cult45" is throwing their great white hope under the bus because he dared diss trump.
Damn just a few short months ago Bannon was the alt-rights "man".

K~

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

“non-disparagement agreement”

Not non-disclosure...

Non-disparagement... hahaha...

AKA a non-saying mean things agreement.

Brilliant.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
What is most humorous is how "Cult45" is throwing their great white hope under the bus because he dared diss trump.

Look at this thread from back when Bannon left the White House:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bannon was a hero to Trumpers here then. They would probably be calling for him to be banned from this forum if he posted here now.

How can Trumpers not see that they're in a cult?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I think liberal groups should come together to give Bannon all the help he needs.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Any leftist who would would allow Bannon to take up the banner of resistance against an autocratic presidency would be a fool.
President Trump rails against the MSM. He has promoted non-msm including Brietbart. Now the number one face of Brietbart, Bannon, challanges Trump and everyone is wondering if Bannon has the goods on him.

Trump strikes back with the cease and desist. This is a direct stab and censorship through the face of Bannon and the reputation of Brietbart.

And who does Trump turn to, to bring this information to the people of America??????????

THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA.

AxxxxxxxBxxxxxxxC

sniff sniff sniff

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

What you say certainly has its merits from a Machiavellian perspective. But "in the trenches" progressives like myself could never bring myself to actively work with that dude or to give him even a penny of my money.

So instead of empowering my opponent so he can fight another of my opponents, I'd prefer to simply get out of the way and let them keep attacking themselves. The best case scenario would be them taking each other out. That way, I can both keep my hands proverbially "clean" of the situation and focus my actions on meaningful political activities while they're distracted by fighting each other.

For example, there are a few potential 2018 candidates that I'm researching that can help tip Congress back to the left. I'd rather give my time & resources to them than to that repulsive Bannon chump. In fact, I'd literally rather keep giving money to the homeless people I see out here than to Bannon, even if propping up Bannon right now was guaranteed to hurt Trump more.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I'm not sure what would kill me quicker. The asphyxiation due to constant laughter or drowning in my own tears brought on by said laughter.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Look at this thread from back when Bannon left the White House:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bannon was a hero to Trumpers here then. They would probably be calling for him to be banned from this forum if he posted here now.

How can Trumpers not see that they're in a cult?

Even with older age and "maturity", some people simply don't like admitting they were wrong.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

No that's not gonna happen, that sad sack is free to wither away as soon as possible.

K~

You are aware that there are Trump supporters that don't like Bannon...right.

Who am I kidding, of course you don't.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This is really going to drive up sales for the book.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

A lawyer for President Donald Trump sent a cease-and-desist letter to Steve Bannon on Wednesday after the former White House chief strategist’s incendiary comments about the Trump presidency were revealed in a forthcoming book. 

ABC News was the first to obtain the letter in which attorney Charles Harder said Bannon broke the terms of a “confidentiality and non-disparagement agreement” he had signed when he joined Trump’s presidential campaign in August 2016.
m.huffpost.com...

I hope Bannon fights this in court. If he can prove he's been telling the truth in this case, it could destroy the whole Trump family's reputation forever with or without impeachment.

Will this be an epic fight, or will Bannon give up easily?

I think Bannon will back down without a fight. Bannon against Trump is like an ant against an elephant.

YES!! lets take down the President at all costs!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Not a chance.

Trump has already escaped so many shenanigans, that this tiff between him and Bannon is just child-play.

If you couldn't convict Trump with "Trump University" where there were lots of victims and solid evidence, you think a little back stabbing story from Steve is going to upset the boat? Dream on.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
YES!! lets take down the President at all costs!!!

I believe this is probably history repeating.

Clinton impeachment timeline

Clinton's impeachment started with an investigation into real estate transactions, and it ended with impeachment over perjury and obstruction of justice.

I believe Trump absolutely will commit perjury if he testifies under oath based on his recent interviews. Some experts believe Trump has already obstructed justice.

Things seem to be lining up as a nearly exact repeat of history.

Since Republicans were responsible last time, how can they complain this time?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I believe Trump absolutely will commit perjury if he testifies under oath based on his recent interviews. Some experts believe Trump has already obstructed justice.

Trump is 70, he can easily pull a "Ronald Regan" and say "I don't remember."

Are you going to blame an old man for being unable to recall some particular details of an obscure meeting that may never have taken place?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Trump is 70, he can easily pull a "Ronald Regan" and say "I don't remember."

Are you going to blame an old man for being unable to recall some particular details of an obscure meeting that may never have taken place?

It sounds to me like you're advocating perjury so that your guy can go free. I think you have the mentality of the swamp.

That's not even my point. Look at all the contradictions and lies that could be considered perjury here:

The 47 most outrageous lines in Donald Trump's New York Times interview

Trump is apparently out of control. It could be an act. It could be 4D chess. I think there's good evidence that that's exactly how he really is all the time.

Trump is no Bill Clinton, and Bill Clinton barely escaped.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

It was only for the campaign so I don't see how trump thinks he can enforce it. Trump always threatens litigation. It's what he does. Then he caves.
He was going to sue all those women who accused him as soon as the election was over. Didn't happen.
He was going to win that trump university case and reopen the "school". He settled...and shows no plans to reopen.
This is posturing. Lawyers crowing and scratching the dirt. He can't keep Bannon from talking.
But what he has done is give credence to what Bannon has said. He should have stuck to its fake and therefore something we can ignore. But nooooo. He pulls in the lawyers and practically confirms the contents of the book.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
He should have stuck to its fake and therefore something we can ignore. But nooooo. He pulls in the lawyers and practically confirms the contents of the book.

I can't wait to see Trump in debates in the 2020 election season. I hope he gets serious challengers in the Republican primaries because there so many questions that Trump will not be able to answer. The list is growing every day.

Why did you say Bannon lost his mind and then send him a cease-and-desist letter the same day?

I've been reading comments on other sites, and it seems like a lot of people see that as extremely suspicious at the very least.

I hope we get good debaters versus Trump because it will be the show of a lifetime.

That's if Trump runs for reelection, and I doubt it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join