It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan is ditching the dollar — 24 hours after Trump denounced the country

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Just 24 hours after President Donald Trump took aim at Pakistan on Twitter, the South Asian nation already appears to be cozying up to the world's second-largest economy.

A day after the U.S. leader slammed Islamabad for harboring terrorists in a New Year's Day tweet, Pakistan's central bank announced that it will be replacing the dollar with the yuan for bilateral trade and investment with Beijing.
www.cnbc.com...

Tweets have consequences.

I remember when Trump began his term as POTUS. All of his supporters seemed to think his tweets wouldn't be taken seriously. I tried to warn people that Trump's tweets would be taken seriously, and they would cause serious problems at some point.

That moment has arrived. A large country will no longer use the dollar in trade over a tweet. I feel vindicated.

In the bigger picture, I think this is the kind of thing that could lead to Trump's impeachment and removal from office even by Republicans. It won't be the official reason, but the U.S. is essentially a business. Messing with that business too much in a bad way will get you in serious trouble.
edit on 3-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
They had to have already been planning this. You dont switch your nations trading currency overnight. More like, they saw the statement as an convenient opportunity to switch while throwing the blame on Trump (who does need his twitter taken away from him. Dude, just stop.)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Is this a “serious problem” though?

What’s the net loss?

I feel vindicated.

Good for you, that’s definitely what matters in life.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Some of these countries have been planning to get away from the dollar for a while already. Maybe they just decided that the time was right to do it, since we will be cutting back on the money we give them. As soon as the money quits freely flowing into these countries from America, this will happen. They are only our allies because we give them money. Sounds like the EU is the same way, if you do not keep giving them free money, then you are out and trash to them.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
US struck Pakistan with at least 5 drone bombings in the past year alone.. who is terrorizing who. Glad to see PK boycotting tyranny and bull.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Foreign policy by twitter.

If Trump wanted to confront Pakistan he should have done it quietly with some diplomatic sense not an ignorant blustering tweet.

Is he going to do the same ting to Saudi Arabia?

I doubt it

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Has anyone considered that Pakistan were going to do this anyway? Hence the tweet?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Pakistan is ditching the dollar , who Other than You Gives a Fuuuuck ?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Planette
US struck Pakistan with at least 5 drone bombings in the past year alone.. who is terrorizing who. Glad to see PK boycotting tyranny and bull.

Pakistan Supports Terrorists . Bombing them to Hell is a Great Idea . BOOM !

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
US World Wide Warfare for Peace!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Has anyone considered that Pakistan were going to do this anyway? Hence the tweet?

That's not the OP's agenda. He probably entertained the notion, but that inner whirlwind that makes him all giddy caused him to go "Awww haha Yeaaahh!!! Take that Trump!" and thread #982340958 for today is made.

Next up,

"Trump said something at midday. The sun went down that afternoon. Trump makes the sun disappear. IMPEACH TRUMP!"

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Planette
US World Wide Warfare for Peace!

World peace will never happen. Too many ignorant backward little nations making a mess, forcing the bigger nations to smack them.

Oh well.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
FAKENEWS!!!!!!

Pakistan has only decided to use Yuan's to deal with CHINA, not US.

FAKENEWS because it makes it seem like they dumped the dollar altogether BECAUSE of Trump.

www.news18.com...

The move may have come just a day after Trump’s stinging tweet on ‘lies and deceit’, but had been in the offing since at least mid-December. Pakistan’s interior minister, Ahsan Iqbal, who oversees CPEC implementation, had revealed on December 19 that China was seeking bilateral trade in its own currency.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
But will the price of cheaply made butterfly knives go up?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
That's not the OP's agenda. He probably entertained the notion, but that inner whirlwind that makes him all giddy caused him to go "Awww haha Yeaaahh!!! Take that Trump!" and thread #982340958 for today is made.

I mention Trump's strengths and good points when I notice them. I'm not going to speculate on his behalf though.

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Give it time.

Post Trump tweet, Turkey expresses solidarity with Pakistan

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

originally posted by: badw0lf

I mention Trump's strengths and good points when I notice them. I'm not going to speculate on his behalf though.

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Give it time.

Post Trump tweet, Turkey expresses solidarity with Pakistan

Turkey is turning into a fiefdom. I'm not concerned about them ditching the dollar either.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
FAKENEWS!!!!!!

Pakistan has only decided to use Yuan's to deal with CHINA, not US.

FAKENEWS because it makes it seem like they dumped the dollar altogether BECAUSE of Trump.

www.news18.com...

The move may have come just a day after Trump’s stinging tweet on ‘lies and deceit’, but had been in the offing since at least mid-December. Pakistan’s interior minister, Ahsan Iqbal, who oversees CPEC implementation, had revealed on December 19 that China was seeking bilateral trade in its own currency.

Yeah, I mean with BRIC's this isn't too surprising.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

That moment has arrived. A large country will no longer use the dollar in trade over a tweet. I feel vindicated.

I doubt this has anything to do with Trump.

Considering Pakistan's geographical location, and where China is, and the simple fact that everything is "Made In China" these days, most likely Pak's biggest trading partner is now China. That sets the agenda, for what currency to use to trade.

Why does Pak need the USD? Only to buy Oil.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Sorry to appear ignorant but can some one explain??

The Pakistani rupee is the currency of Pakistan. The issuance of the currency is controlled by the State Bank of Pakistan, the central bank of the country. The most commonly used symbol for the rupee is Rs, used on receipts when purchasing goods and services. In Pakistan, the rupee is also spelled as "rupees", "rupaya"

TIA.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Hot dam! No need to send billions of dollars in aid in that direction anymore!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join