It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need to find the most remote part of America possible....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hey there ATS,
My name is SexxyJutsu and I am searching for the most remote isolated lake in America for my next hiking expedition. I have a pretty decent rap sheet of places I have hiked and I am having a hard time finding something that makes me really want to go there and google doesn't seem to be helping me out much. A lot of the lakes I have looked at in the US seem pretty close to road systems and what not. I have searched the map over Yellowstone, Ozarks and the Rockies but just can't seem to find something that makes me go "OH YA!"
I have been hiking, camping and backpacking for over a decade now, many times solo. I am very experienced in the trait so I am asking nicely just for suggestions and not lectures from other members.
The longer the better, the more difficult the better. Looking for something that could extend into multiple weeks of back packing. Heck I would head over to Europe if I could but with my job I just can't swing that much. I have a satellite phone that I carry with me incase I am needed to get back to civilization.
Cheers-

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SexxyJutsu

I would assume Alaska or Montana.

Please, Please, get one of these for your own safety.

www.amazon.com...

Product description

The Iridium 9575 Extreme is the most advanced satellite phone currently available. Not only does the 9575 Extreme offer access to Iridiums global coverage for voice, data and SMS services but it is the first satellite phone to offer the fully integrated services of customizable GPS, online tracking and emergency SOS with notification services.

Other features of the handset include a IP65 rating which means the 9575 Extreme is dust proof, shock resistant and jet water resistant. It is also the first handset to offer military-grade 810F durability. Another first for satellite phones is the introduction of Iridium AxcessPoint. This allows you to set up your Iridium 9575 Extreme as a Wi-Fi hotspot.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Already have one =)
]
a reply to: infolurker

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Lake Titicaca

There ya go . You did say America , correct ?
I am a devil...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The Arctic National Wildlife refuge in Alaska is probably the most remote spot in the states.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Perhaps not remote enough, at least no roads, but the Twin Lakes region of Alaska has been well documented by the late naturalist Dick Proenneke.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Which Back Country hikes or lakes have you done in Yellowstone?

BC and standard Yellowstone are really two different experiences.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You can google the Bitterroot mountain range in Idaho. Lakes, hot springs, trails, high vistas that you can see multiple states. It’s beautiful.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

So I don't have any suggestions, but I admire your sense of adventure, and I wanted to be the first person to plant a flag in your account... now as you conquer New horizons and bend unbeaten paths to your will,you will carry on the legacy of house meathead..

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 3-1-2018 by Mike Stivic because: Layna ate my homework

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
As an ATSer have you considered hiking at Tikaboo Peak which is near Groom Lake. Once there with good binoculars you can see the buildings and whatever is on or near the runways at Area 51.

Other than a weather station that may still be in service, Area 51 and some cattle there shouldn't be anything else for about 90 miles. As bad as the roads can get there breaking down is not an option.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Remote footprints.org. Try looking through their website

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I suggest North Idaho for the lower 48, the Selkirks, and as mentioned Bitteroots(lived at the foothills-was temperate rainforest-like but colder in the winter), bordering areas along the MT boarder, etc. Even Washington State in the Cascades or into the the middle north area of the state bordering Canada.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan has some very remote areas.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Thank you for that suggestion, I like that idea and will look more into it!

a reply to: MOMof3

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I appreciate your input but I am looking for more of a back country back packing deal. I would maybe someday want to do this but I just don't feel like looking at Area 51 is all that interesting to me.

a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I second Michigan, Minnesota or even some parts of Wisconsin. Keep in mind cell phone service is not available in a lot of these parts, but there are lots and lots of lakes, coastlines and unspoiled areas just away from it all.

I visited the UP Michigan and was shocked at the natural beauty, I think it is one of America's best kept secrets!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Try Alaska, if remote is what you want. Tons of area there that isn't populated at all, and much likely unexplored.

For pretty, I d recommend the Smokies. Nothing more beautiful anywhere on Earth.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hey, go up to Copper Harbor, there is a nice beach up there to camp at to the east. A real rustic bar in town too, you did say you want rustic.
You can take the boat from there to Isle Royal, that is nice and rustic yet you meet some good people with similar interests there.

No Big foots around here though. No polar bears either. It is best to come here in the summer, it's way warmer then.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I see a few have voted Idaho and I would agree with that. I have flown over this many times and there is absolutely nothing for miles.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Lot of Idaho suggestions. I think if I was able, the high Uinta mountains. Lots of Spanish mines and ancient American ....stuff. Not to many people. Pretty remote, like dangerously remote.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join