It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars WARMER Than 14 States of America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Time to move to Mars! Temperatures on the red planet were warmer on Thursday than fourteen states from Washington to Maine.
The daily high on Mars was 17.6 F, while most of the northern U.S. plunged into the single digits
Temperatures are expected to warm across the nation on Friday, as Winter Storm Gorgon fades out
However, the Great Lakes region may get up to two feet of snow, due to a blast of air which will create lake effect snow

That's what they're telling us, anyway. Who knows how much more interesting tidbits are lurker under that 'red' veil?!

Now if Elon could actually point his self-landing backwards rockets UP and surpass the firmament, we might have a chance of reaching Mars instead of wasting another 50 years NOT 're'visiting the Moon or elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette

A summer day on Mars may get up to 70 degrees F

www.space.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Sheesh that's even more temperate than Aruba weather!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
As I sit here it is 33 F | 0 C, in Anchorage, AK, and snowing. It was actually raining this morning, at first, then it hit a creek/valley area which is typically colder and it turned to snow.

A quick check and it is about the same temp at McMurdo Station, Antarctica!!

Just crazy!

PS - Boeing will beat Musk to Mars! (Official 2018 prediction)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The daily high on Mars was 17.6 F, while most of the northern U.S. plunged into the single digits .....

And of course the daily low was -100 F at night lol....

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It has more oxygen than Michigan, too!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The Arctic is unstable. The cold air that was once kept stable at the polls is completely out of whack which means winters in the northern hemisphere will see some drastic ups and downs. The new normal will be abnormal.

Get used to the term arctic blast. oh so fun

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
As I sit here it is 33 F | 0 C, in Anchorage, AK, and snowing. It was actually raining this morning, at first, then it hit a creek/valley area which is typically colder and it turned to snow.

Just crazy!

It is like -5 to -10 here in Chicago past couple of days! 33F would feel like spring time about now.
edit on 3-1-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The Arctic is unstable.

The only way the Arctic is ever going to be stable is if the Earth's axis of rotation stays perpendicular to its orbital path for a long time. And even then the size of the arctic ice masses would fluctuate over time due to changes in the shape of the earth's orbit and solar output.

I saw worse Arctic weather in 2002 and 1993-4, where I live -- Hudson Valley NY.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Go Cougars! Yeah I was a Hillside snob in HS.

Edit: it's ironic my pipes are frozen and its snowing here in the Deep South.

edit on 3-1-2018 by 38181 because: Idiotic Apple iPad

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I am sure AK is not done with winter just yet.

We lucked out. The US National Cross Country Ski Championships started here today. Two days ago, I stepped on a patch of grass and sunk into mud! I heard that up north in Talkeetna, the river is actually flowing instead of being frozen over like it typically is this time of year.

I will take anything below freezing during winter!

Stay layered and have some deep dish for me!!

a reply to: 38181

Hehehe!

I arrived after college so do not have the high school pride thing! So... go Cougars!

ETA x2: Frozen pipes are the worst! Don't set your house on fire unfreezing them!
edit on 3-1-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: tag on reply

edit on 3-1-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: edit fest

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome
a reply to: Planette

A summer day on Mars may get up to 70 degrees F

www.space.com...

Nice. Imagine being up there in shorts and a space helmet..
edit on 3-1-2018 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Just crazy!

I don't know what it is currently, but at noon today it was 33°F here in Louisiana...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Go Cougars! Yeah I was a Hillside snob in HS.

Edit: it's ironic my pipes are frozen and its snowing here in the Deep South.

I've had my faucets dripping for 3 solid days...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

It has nothing to do with the earth being perpendicular.

The arctic blasts we are getting are because the jet stream becomes loopy. The area covered by sea ice in the Arctic hit record lows through the winter of 2017. In March, when the sea ice hit its largest extent of the year, it was lower than it ever had been in the nearly 40-year satellite record. The consequences are destined to spill over into other parts of the globe, through changing atmospheric patterns, sea currents and feedback loops. Trying to ferret out whether this is due to some real change in the system or if it's just random is difficult. It may be due to 30, 40, almost 50 percent of the ice cover being lost as we continue to lose ice, It should become obvious.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It's 70 here.

Life is about choices.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Namdru

It has nothing to do with the earth being perpendicular.

The arctic blasts we are getting are because the jet stream becomes loopy. The area covered by sea ice in the Arctic hit record lows through the winter of 2017. In March, when the sea ice hit its largest extent of the year, it was lower than it ever had been in the nearly 40-year satellite record. The consequences are destined to spill over into other parts of the globe, through changing atmospheric patterns, sea currents and feedback loops. Trying to ferret out whether this is due to some real change in the system or if it's just random is difficult. It may be due to 30, 40, almost 50 percent of the ice cover being lost as we continue to lose ice, It should become obvious.

So what happens as we start to enter another cooling period?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Who knows. I simply stated what is happening now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join