It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After you get through the gates of heaven what is eternal heavenly bliss like

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

My Prayer is that God's Holy Ghost will use this reply to help you to have faith in God doing what he said he would do, Preserve his words to every generation forever.

Yes all of them are copies, and some so small that if they were originals, there is not enough words on that piece to support the text of the rest of the Bible.

Dead language is one that no one speaks in 1611 or today, and has not spoken for some a 1,000 years, 1600 years and others for 3,000 years. But there is no one alive at the time of the AV who could verify any copies they used even the newest at the time Koine Greek, nor is there anyone today who knows whether or not it is spoken or pronounced correctly. One reason is that most of Strong's, Naves and Zoieates(SP?) Greek Dictionaries are based on Classical Greek. Why? No one has yet to find a Koine Greek Dictionary. And so they rely mainly on secular documents to interpret spiritual material with a limited amount of Koine Greek documents from the day. And still no one knows for sure if we are interpreting them correctly because many use the classical Greek to make their interpretations.

Yes we do have some full Syriac Bible copies of the Bible, however that language too is not the same as the Syrian that is spoken today. Just liketThere are two Schools of Arabic language one used in Saudi and one used in Iran. This is why there are fighting between these two sects of Islam. So it is no surpirse that there are to different Syrian languages.

There are many reasons why the Holy Ghost has not revealed the truth of the AV being the preserved word of God to you. 1) You are not of the body of Christ i.e. not saved. 2) You are not looking for truth but looking for errors. 3) You are following men instead of the Holy Ghost. 4) You are not using the Bible's way of study and using the way the Holy Ghost teaches. 5) You are grieving the Holy Ghost. 6) You are quenching the Holy Ghost through heretical practices. 7) You are in disobedience to the God's words for the church Age i.e. speaking tongues in the assembly in a way that is against the way God teaches in 1 Cor 14 how it is to be done. 8)You are not Readying and Studying the AV long enough to allow God to show you the truths that many gloss over or read over without any understanding. 9) You are outside of the will of God. I am not say any of these apply to you because I do not know your heart, so that is up to you to do 2Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

An example of the confusion is AV 1611 version Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! To the NIV Isa 14:12 How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! Here making Lucifer the Morning Star and then in the NIV in Rev 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.” Now you have two different people being called the morning star. So which one is really the Morning star? Lucifer or Jesus Christ?

Also, understand that the revisers of the word of God who created the NIV (which now has over four different versions of the NIV) had a open lesbian, and an Agnostic on the board of approval and editing. They also had the preconceived idea that Lucifer was wrong, and took it out by interpreting lucifer as "the bright", and adding morning star in place of son of the morning.

So yes these versions have caused confusion. I had the above verse and question asked me just last week in my Home Church's Open Question Night on the First Thursday of each month. His own words was this it is "confusing" to him. And I showed him just what I shared above and some other examples.

Unique Idioms are in them selves words that can change the meaning of the originally inspired words of God, of which we have no original text to verify the Vaticanus(sp?) and the Sitacanus(sp?) of which the NIV takes their version from. to know that they are the original meaning.

God gave his words and wrote them down on stone, he later had his Holy Men of God hear him and have those verses written on stones i.e. Moses, and scrolls of papyrus (paper). So God wanted his words written in plain speech so the simple man could learn, not just the priests, scholars and monks who would tell the people things that were not in the words of God as if they were i.e Mary worship, baptism of the Holy Spirit.

GO down to Barnes and Nobel and by a Authorized King James Bible not written in old English where the S looked like a F and a J like an I, they changed that prior to 1615. Don't be so revealing that you lack faith in the words of God, it shows why the Holy Ghost has not revealed the truth to you, if anything else.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood

I always found Genesis 19:24 to be an interesting verse, particularly after the phrasing and expression recorded between Abraham and the three visitors in chapter 18. Two of them turn aside but the LORD remains with Abraham to discuss His intentions. Anyway, I digress.... Genesis 19:24 says, 'Then the LORD rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the LORD out of the heavens.'

I think you copied heaven [singular] as heavens [plural]. There could be serious implications between the two. Heavens can imply terrestrial only while heaven can imply either terrestrial or celestial. God dwells in the third heaven but not in the terrestrial heavens.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It has God's name in Genesis 4:1 and 15:1, it says what it says, either you believe what it says or you're going to go with the translations that swap out God's name with "the LORD" and imply they said something else somewhat like you just did by appealing to Exodus 6:3 to leave the impression that Genesis 4:1 and 15:1 is not referring to the same name as the one mentioned at Exodus 6:3 with your "YHWH was used but it was not the name by which God was known to Abraham". If they used it, they were acquainted with it; the deeper understanding and type of 'knowing' referred to at Exodus 6:3 is referring to something else.

Early Use of the Name and Its Meaning. Exodus 3:13-16 and 6:3 are often misapplied to mean that Jehovah’s name was first revealed to Moses sometime prior to the Exodus from Egypt. True, Moses raised the question: “Suppose I am now come to the sons of Israel and I do say to them, ‘The God of your forefathers has sent me to you,’ and they do say to me, ‘What is his name?’ What shall I say to them?” But this does not mean that he or the Israelites did not know Jehovah’s name. The very name of Moses’ mother Jochebed means, possibly, “Jehovah Is Glory.” (Ex 6:20) Moses’ question likely was related to the circumstances in which the sons of Israel found themselves.
Then, too, we must keep in mind that names then had real meaning and were not just “labels” to identify an individual as today. Moses knew that Abram’s name (meaning “Father Is High (Exalted)”) was changed to Abraham (meaning “Father of a Crowd (Multitude)”), the change being made because of God’s purpose concerning Abraham. So, too, the name of Sarai was changed to Sarah and that of Jacob to Israel; in each case the change revealed something fundamental and prophetic about God’s purpose concerning them. Moses may well have wondered if Jehovah would now reveal himself under some new name to throw light on his purpose toward Israel. Moses’ going to the Israelites in the “name” of the One who sent him meant being the representative of that One, and the greatness of the authority with which Moses would speak would be determined by or be commensurate with that name and what it represented. (Compare Ex 23:20, 21; 1Sa 17:45.) So, Moses’ question was a meaningful one.

God’s reply in Hebrew was: ʼEh·yehʹ ʼAsherʹ ʼEh·yehʹ. Some translations render this as “I AM THAT I AM.” However, it is to be noted that the Hebrew verb ha·yahʹ, from which the word ʼEh·yehʹ is drawn, does not mean simply “be.” Rather, it means “become,” or “prove to be.” The reference here is not to God’s self-existence but to what he has in mind to become toward others. Therefore, the New World Translation properly renders the above Hebrew expression as “I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE.” Jehovah thereafter added: “This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, ‘I SHALL PROVE TO BE has sent me to you.’”—Ex 3:14, ftn.

That this meant no change in God’s name, but only an additional insight into God’s personality, is seen from his further words: “This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, ‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name to time indefinite, and this is the memorial of me to generation after generation.” (Ex 3:15; compare Ps 135:13; Ho 12:5.) The name Jehovah comes from a Hebrew verb that means “to become,” and a number of scholars suggest that the name means “He Causes to Become.” This definition well fits Jehovah’s role as the Creator of all things and the Fulfiller of his purpose. Only the true God could rightly and authentically bear such a name.

This aids one in understanding the sense of Jehovah’s later statement to Moses: “I am Jehovah. And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty, but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.” (Ex 6:2, 3) Since the name Jehovah was used many times by those patriarchal ancestors of Moses, it is evident that God meant that he manifested himself to them in the capacity of Jehovah only in a limited way. To illustrate this, those who had known the man Abram could hardly be said to have really known him as Abraham (meaning “Father of a Crowd (Multitude)”) while he had but one son, Ishmael. When Isaac and other sons were born and began producing offspring, the name Abraham took on greater meaning or import. So, too, the name Jehovah would now take on expanded meaning for the Israelites.

To “know,” therefore, does not necessarily mean merely to be acquainted with or cognizant of something or someone.
The foolish Nabal knew David’s name but still asked, “Who is David?” in the sense of asking, “What does he amount to?” (1Sa 25:9-11; compare 2Sa 8:13.) So, too, Pharaoh had said to Moses: “Who is Jehovah, so that I should obey his voice to send Israel away? I do not know Jehovah at all and, what is more, I am not going to send Israel away.” (Ex 5:1, 2) By that, Pharaoh evidently meant that he did not know Jehovah as the true God or as having any authority over Egypt’s king and his affairs, nor as having any might to enforce His will as announced by Moses and Aaron. But now Pharaoh and all Egypt, along with the Israelites, would come to know the real meaning of that name, the person it represented. As Jehovah showed Moses, this would result from God’s carrying out His purpose toward Israel, liberating them, giving them the Promised Land, and thereby fulfilling His covenant with their forefathers. In this way, as God said, “You will certainly know that I am Jehovah your God.”—Ex 6:4-8; ...

Professor of Hebrew D. H. Weir therefore rightly says that those who claim Exodus 6:2, 3 marks the first time the name Jehovah was revealed, “have not studied [these verses] in the light of other scriptures; otherwise they would have perceived that by name must be meant here not the two syllables which make up the word Jehovah, but the idea which it expresses. When we read in Isaiah, ch. lii. 6, ‘Therefore my people shall know my name;’ or in Jeremiah, ch. xvi. 21, ‘They shall know that my name is Jehovah;’ or in the Psalms, Ps. ix. [10, 16], ‘They that know thy name shall put their trust in thee;’ we see at once that to know Jehovah’s name is something very different from knowing the four letters of which it is composed. It is to know by experience that Jehovah really is what his name declares him to be. (Compare also Is. xix. 20, 21; Eze. xx. 5, 9; xxxix. 6, 7; Ps. lxxxiii. [18]; lxxxix. [16]; 2 Ch. vi. 33.)”—The Imperial Bible-Dictionary, Vol. I, pp. 856, 857.

Known by the first human pair. The name Jehovah was not first revealed to Moses, for it was certainly known by the first man. The name initially appears in the divine Record at Genesis 2:4 after the account of God’s creative works, and there it identifies the Creator of the heavens and earth as “Jehovah God.” It is reasonable to believe that Jehovah God informed Adam of this account of creation. The Genesis record does not mention his doing so, but then neither does it explicitly say Jehovah revealed Eve’s origin to the awakened Adam. Yet Adam’s words upon receiving Eve show he had been informed of the way God had produced her from Adam’s own body. (Ge 2:21-23) Much communication undoubtedly took place between Jehovah and his earthly son that is not included in the brief account of Genesis.

Source: Jehovah: Insight, Volume 2
edit on 11-1-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Genesis 19:24 (NW)

Then Jehovah made it rain sulfur and fire on Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah—it came from Jehovah, from the heavens.

Makes a whole lot more sense, doesn't it? Perhaps you should give honest translations in sensible modern english a try one day. Perhaps it might open up a new perspective or insight into the bible's message.

NET Bible
Then the LORD rained down sulfur and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah. It was sent down from the sky by the LORD.

Even though that one isn't being honest because the Hebrew word for "lord" does not appear in this verse (in honest Hebrew manuscripts where they hadn't made the swap yet that is), it's still sensible english. "the heavens" would be a more literal translation, but obviously the sky is meant here with "the heavens" (as in the visible heavens, the visible sky). These are 2 statements, one states that "Jehovah made it rain sulfur and fire" and the other states that this sulfur and fire "came from Jehovah, from the heavens" (more details about the manner he made it rain sulfur and fire, and where that came from).

If you find the repetition of the name "Jehovah" twice in that verse a bit repetitive or excessive for that purpose, keep in mind that Jehovah made sure that his name was used a lot by the bible writers (approx. 7000 times) because he knew what Satan's plan was regarding that name described at Jeremiah 23:27,28. And it's important cause "...it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of Jehovah shall be delivered" (Joel 2:32; ASV).

Joel 2:32a (NW)

And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved;...

Acts 2:21

21 And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”’

Vatican Seeks to Eliminate Use of the Divine Name

...It should be the desire of all Christians to see God’s name sanctified. Vatican efforts to eliminate its use dishonor Jehovah, the one who said: “This is my name for all time; by this name I shall be invoked for all generations to come.”—Exodus 3:15, The Jerusalem Bible.
However, the Vatican directive seeks to reestablish the traditional Catholic position. That is to say, the Tetragrammaton is to be replaced by “Lord.” Moreover, in Catholic religious services, hymns, and prayers, God’s name “YHWH is neither to be used or pronounced.”

In support of this position, the Vatican’s document appeals to the “immemorial tradition” of Catholicism. The directive claims that even in the Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Scriptures, dating to pre-Christian times, the divine name was regularly rendered Kyʹri·os, the Greek word for “Lord.” Thus, the directive insists, “Christians, too, from the beginning never pronounced the divine tetragrammaton.” This statement, however, ignores clear evidence to the contrary. Early copies of the Septuagint contained, not Kyʹri·os, but the divine name in the form יהוה. Christ’s first-century followers knew and pronounced God’s name. Jesus himself said in prayer to his Father: “I have made your name known.” (John 17:26) And in his well-known model prayer, Jesus taught us to pray: “Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.”—Matthew 6:9.

It should be the desire of all Christians to see God’s name sanctified. Vatican efforts to eliminate its use dishonor Jehovah, the one who said: “This is my name for all time; by this name I shall be invoked for all generations to come.”—Exodus 3:15, The Jerusalem Bible.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

In the books written by Moses, such as Genesis, YHWH was used but it was not the name by which God was known to Abraham, as is explained in Exodus 6:3 which states, "I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as El Shaddai, but I didn’t make myself known to them by my name, YHWH."

Well explained chrOnaut,

Eth Cepher - SHEMOT

Exodus 6:3
And I appeared unto El-Avraham, unto El-Yitschaq, and unto El-Ya'aqov by El-SHADDAi, but by my name YAHUAH was I not known to them.

Yah-hoo-ah -- YHWH

Love ypur posts.

You know, as a child I had a tape with bible stories being performed with audio effects and some of my favorite stories were the ones about the Exodus and preceding events. There was one thing that kept puzzling me as a kid concerning the bible verse with Pharaoh saying to Moses: “Who is Jehovah, so that I should obey his voice to send Israel away? I do not know Jehovah at all and, what is more, I am not going to send Israel away.” (Ex 5:1, 2)

On that tape (it was Dutch), Pharaoh intentionally said Jehovah's name with a very excessive yaaehovah in a very telling derisive tone (not sure how to type those sounds in english, but in dutch it's called a long "e", also written as "ee" but does not sound like the english "e" when you just say that letter, so in Dutch you would get "Jeehovah", the first syllable sounding like the english "yay" without the last "y"). So one day I asked my mother (I was perhaps 3-5 years old or so) why he would say it that way instead of the regular "Jehovah" I was used to. My mother taught me a wise lesson that I never forgot till this day and is also taught by the bible concerning Pharaoh:

He didn't like Jehovah and was making fun of him and/or the mere mention of his name by Moses. He was unimpressed and there was no love for Jehovah God in his heart and mind. The tone I was hearing was contempt for Jehovah and his name and he was intentionally mispronouncing it in that excessive way to show that contempt.

Deuteronomy 6:5 (American Standard Version)

and thou shalt love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

NW:

You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength.* [Or “vital force; resources.”]

Matthew 22:37,38 (He=Jesus)

He said to him: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ 38 This is the greatest and first commandment.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood
I always found Genesis 19:24 to be an interesting verse, particularly after the phrasing and expression recorded between Abraham and the three visitors in chapter 18. Two of them turn aside but the LORD remains with Abraham to discuss His intentions.
Anyway, I digress....
Genesis 19:24 says, 'Then the LORD rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the LORD out of the heavens.'

Is some theophany on earth calling up to GOD in the heavens?
Pass. Maybe.
19:24 וַֽיהוָה הִמְטִיר עַל־סְדֹם וְעַל־עֲמֹרָה גָּפְרִית וָאֵשׁ מֵאֵת יְהוָה מִן־הַשָּׁמָֽיִם׃

www.blueletterbible.org...

Please look at the wording difference between your version and the Bible that has all the bible verses in it.

Ge 19:24 ¶ Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;
Notice first, part of the verse is exactly the same as the Bible that has all the verses in it, and the one you have does not have all the verses, words, phrases and sections in it.

The verse has exactly the same 18 words but the word order is changed to reflect modern English sentence construction in the Blue Letter Bible translation that was quoted. The individual word meanings and the meaning of the passage are unmodified between the two versions.

Also, where both translations use the word 'Lord', the original text uses the Tetragrammaton name of God 'YHWH' (as was quoted in Hebrew by Lucius Driftwood), in every case.

As both the AV and quoted Blue Letter Bible translation have replaced a proper name with a title, neither translation is 'technically' accurate.

Secondly, is that the reason this version Writes it in this way, is because they had no right to sell the the AV1611 it is copyright free. So they make the changes for only one reason, Money, Money, Money.

The Blue Letter Bible is a free online resource of Bible search and study tools, including free mobile applications. They are financially supported by non-mandatory donation. The default Bible translation, of the 20 currently offered on the site, is the King James Version.

Even when they copy rights a AV version it is copy righted because of their cross-references, their study notes, their maps and their comments, but not the text. In these new versions were only made so they could have copy right control over their version to make money.

The copyright that covers most Bibles does not prohibit quotation of verses with attribution. It does prohibit unauthorised modification or duplication of the complete text.

Churches are now-a-days nothing but jobs to many Pastors, especially those who have multi-billion dollar a year ministry.

Some churches are like that. The Church, isn't.

edit on 11/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

My Prayer is that God's Holy Ghost will use this reply to help you to have faith in God doing what he said he would do, Preserve his words to every generation forever.

Yes all of them are copies, and some so small that if they were originals, there is not enough words on that piece to support the text of the rest of the Bible.

Dead language is one that no one speaks in 1611 or today, and has not spoken for some a 1,000 years, 1600 years and others for 3,000 years. But there is no one alive at the time of the AV who could verify any copies they used even the newest at the time Koine Greek, nor is there anyone today who knows whether or not it is spoken or pronounced correctly. One reason is that most of Strong's, Naves and Zoieates(SP?) Greek Dictionaries are based on Classical Greek. Why? No one has yet to find a Koine Greek Dictionary. And so they rely mainly on secular documents to interpret spiritual material with a limited amount of Koine Greek documents from the day. And still no one knows for sure if we are interpreting them correctly because many use the classical Greek to make their interpretations.

That is like saying that no one knows how 1611 Old English was spoken and is untrue.

Koine Greek was a commonly used language, from the time of the Septuagint translation 500 years before Christ, up until the end of the Byzantine empire in the 1400's (the most spoken language in the world only approx 200 years before the KJV). Interestingly, it is still spoken today as the liturgical language of the Greek Orthodox Church (it ain't dead!).

Koine Greek From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes we do have some full Syriac Bible copies of the Bible, however that language too is not the same as the Syrian that is spoken today. Just like There are two Schools of Arabic language one used in Saudi and one used in Iran. This is why there are fighting between these two sects of Islam. So it is no surprise that there are to different Syrian languages.

There are many reasons why the Holy Ghost has not revealed the truth of the AV being the preserved word of God to you. 1) You are not of the body of Christ i.e. not saved. 2) You are not looking for truth but looking for errors. 3) You are following men instead of the Holy Ghost. 4) You are not using the Bible's way of study and using the way the Holy Ghost teaches. 5) You are grieving the Holy Ghost. 6) You are quenching the Holy Ghost through heretical practices. 7) You are in disobedience to the God's words for the church Age i.e. speaking tongues in the assembly in a way that is against the way God teaches in 1 Cor 14 how it is to be done. 8)You are not Readying and Studying the AV long enough to allow God to show you the truths that many gloss over or read over without any understanding. 9) You are outside of the will of God. I am not say any of these apply to you because I do not know your heart, so that is up to you to do 2Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

An example of the confusion is AV 1611 version Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! To the NIV Isa 14:12 How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! Here making Lucifer the Morning Star and then in the NIV in Rev 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.” Now you have two different people being called the morning star. So which one is really the Morning star? Lucifer or Jesus Christ?

Matthew and John have both been called a Disciple. So, using your line of reasoning, which one is the Disciple and which one isn't, then?

Can you see that you are confusing titles, which may apply to more than one thing or person, to personal names.

Not to mention that 'Lucifer' is a title, and it does not appear in any of the early copies of the Gospels but first appears in the Vulgate translation into Latin. The KJV used the word 'Lucifer' because it used the Vulgate as one of its sources when it was being compiled.

Also, understand that the revisers of the word of God who created the NIV (which now has over four different versions of the NIV) had a open lesbian, and an Agnostic on the board of approval and editing. They also had the preconceived idea that Lucifer was wrong, and took it out by interpreting lucifer as "the bright", and adding morning star in place of son of the morning.

Lucifer is also a Latin name for the morning star, Venus.

So is the KJV is calling Jesus, Venus?

... or is 'the morning star' used in the Bible as a title which may be applied many ways.

So yes these versions have caused confusion. I had the above verse and question asked me just last week in my Home Church's Open Question Night on the First Thursday of each month. His own words was this it is "confusing" to him. And I showed him just what I shared above and some other examples.

Unique Idioms are in them selves words that can change the meaning of the originally inspired words of God, of which we have no original text to verify the Vaticanus(sp?) and the Sitacanus(sp?) of which the NIV takes their version from. to know that they are the original meaning.

God gave his words and wrote them down on stone, he later had his Holy Men of God hear him and have those verses written on stones i.e. Moses

The tablets of the Law were in the Ark of the Covenant which has been lost to history since the Babylonian captivity of the Jews (there is a slim possibility that it now resides in Axxum, Ethiopia).

, and scrolls of papyrus (paper).

That is incorrect. Papyrus is made from reeds and they were marching around in circles in the desert.

Moses wrote on animal skins. Leviticus goes into detail about how the skins and inks were to be prepared and how the scrolls were to be handled.

Papyrus was not very rugged and falls apart if used with regularity. The vellum scrolls in constant use and handled according to the instructions in Leviticus, have been known to last in excess of 800 years.

(The Dead Sea scrolls were mostly written on vellum and survived for more than 2100 years).

So God wanted his words written in plain speech so the simple man could learn, not just the priests, scholars and monks who would tell the people things that were not in the words of God as if they were i.e Mary worship, baptism of the Holy Spirit.

GO down to Barnes and Nobel and by a Authorized King James Bible not written in old English where the S looked like a F and a J like an I, they changed that prior to 1615. Don't be so revealing that you lack faith in the words of God, it shows why the Holy Ghost has not revealed the truth to you, if anything else.

What, you acknowledge that there were changes made to the AV?

edit on 11/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

I always found Genesis 19:24 to be an interesting verse, particularly after the phrasing and expression recorded between Abraham and the three visitors in chapter 18. Two of them turn aside but the LORD remains with Abraham to discuss His intentions. Anyway, I digress.... Genesis 19:24 says, 'Then the LORD rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the LORD out of the heavens.'

I think you copied heaven [singular] as heavens [plural]. There could be serious implications between the two. Heavens can imply terrestrial only while heaven can imply either terrestrial or celestial. God dwells in the third heaven but not in the terrestrial heavens.

Yes, I didn't notice that.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
At the end of the day, when I get to the 'gates of heaven', I don't really care what eternal heavenly bliss looks like.
The only words I want to hear are,
'Well done, good and faithful servant'.
I'm not sure anything else matters.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I will be welcomed to heaven when I am gathered to him in the clouds ever more to be with Jesus forever. I only want to hear it said of Jesus Christ, "Well done, good and faithful servant" for he deserves all the glory and honour and praise for saving a retch like me.

edit on 14-1-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

No one not even I said no one knows how to speak old English even though the last person who spoke it openly died just a few years ago.

It was the written word in Old English I thought you were talking about. Because we are talking about the written word of God being preserved to us in English today. there is not a person on this planet who can read and understand English that could truly say they don't understand it. I have read in replies here on ATS threads by people who claim to be very smart say they can't understand it the way it is written. It is either a lie or an attempt to just ignore the truth, but more likely they heard it from someone else and parroted it as many do here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Hell isn't punishment, there are no people from your earth time hanging out in heaven. Those are retarded concepts.

Only a sicko would say "God tempted Eve" when God warned Eve. Only a sick demented sadist would think like that. Same baboons that hate drug dealers and blame rape victims for wearing miniskirts. Sickos. Jesus camp and athiest sickos alike.

Hell is your current reoccurring life, ionian, timely, opposite of eternal, you sickos. The multiple chances you are given to give up your nonsense. Right down to the meeting-grandparent-ghosts-in-space-camp fantasy that keeps bringing you back. Tricked by the light? Nope, tricked by a 'flector. Every mirror shows the past. How embarrassing. "Sparkly, me want." Hell is nothing compared to the 2nd death. Which happens when you're still reincarnating til the end of Time(polarity). Maybe you'll figure it out next life. Or maybe Time will end and you will be stuck to the Anode when the Cathode signal feeding it, and keeping you in your current stasis, is removed. Where your soul does not die, but is frozen in Time.

Heaven is just the omnipresent non polar rectus oriented Source field (Negative, South, electron, cathode, etc) that existed before polarity. And will exist again in its pure natural form once duality ends. Back to purple. Heaven contains the All. And you get there through Eden via Christ (and to an extent Lucifer, since you probably need to know which one is witch. Stillness is not of Christ. Order is not of Christ. Entropy is not the second death,it is the first, leading to eternity as your energy re-merges with the All) .

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AdKiller

you know nothing of either place or the Bible. Your mind is corrupted by sin and its ungodly practices of your life.

If you really want to know for sure. Take your life, then you will know for sure.

I went to put a gun to my head and kill myself. And a voice like it was my conscious voice said, "pick up the Bible". I did instead of pulling the trigger and I found the god of heaven, Jesus Christ, God in the flesh the next morning.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

thats pretty messed up bro

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
It's Tunnocks tea cakes and kittens.
Also sleeping on beds of boobies.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Explains a lot though...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AdKiller

Don't worry there is no hell we all go to the same place.
Hell is made up by religion to help control.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

No your heart and soul are what is messed up. The questions is what ya gonna do with Jesus Christ?

You can't handle the truth is what's messed up.

And a doubt adkiller can either

edit on 16-1-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Your so called truth is not mine... Nor is it universal

Though suggesting that someone kill themselves speaks volumes about who's heart and soul are truely messed up

Seems to be what your religion does to people sadly enough... Funny thing is you take offence to someone calling you on it... Because deep down even you with your pious self know its messed up

Lucky for some of you it doesn't happen to all of you

edit on 16-1-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

you forget the only way for anyone to truly know the truth of the after life is one of two things, 1) Through Grace of God through faith on Christ and receive the Holy Ghost as a seal of redemption, or 2) die the first death, which is ending the body's life either naturally by old age or unnaturally by illness, accident, murder or suicide.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join