It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After you get through the gates of heaven what is eternal heavenly bliss like

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

But you are seeing clearly. God is worse than Hitler, at least hitler killed people outright, God tortures them forever and ever and ever.

But he loves you.

But...God only tortures the "bad" people forever.

Think about it.

If God blessed both the good and the bad alike, what value is there in doing good?

Put yourself in God's shoes, how would you do things differently?

edit on 3-1-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Hell is misunderstood. So is Heaven. Heaven used to mean 'the heavens', dying is passing, into that 'Realm'. They didn't know what it meant either.

"Go away? To where?"

'Heavens' is all around and thru us. Our soul is already there. Sad nobody thinks about that connection.

We are already there, I mean here, I mean.... everywhere.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Jesus was the one to speak more about hell than any other person recorded in the Bible. It is not about God character being evil or good but about his justice being appeased because of the sin of any being he created, those beings have souls just like god has a soul.

God justice calls for Hell to be there to justify his offended holiness and his eternal law. Your statement is like stating you don't believe in the state of California (insert any States name) because the have prisons for criminals.

While hell is a literal place there is also a place for heaven. To deny one is to deny the other.

Neural connections are called synapses. While I understand what you are trying to say. But all of us have a will t do or not to do something. But take a person like my son, whose condition the synapses are missing between certain points of the neurons in his brain that connect to the mental and physical areas of his body. What about him well because he is a son of at least one Christian he himself is said to be holy.

Hell being a state of separation is accurate in the fact that you wont be seeing anyone else in hell, but you will hear you unsaved spouse, child or parent crying out in pain and agony which adds to the mental torture that comes along with the physical torture of one who gets cast into the lake of fire.

The one that is truly separated is the saved one, they will not hear or see nor even remember any of their lost/unsaved family and friends because they will be made completely and wholly holy forever. However they will recognize saved members of family and friends.

This is what the bible teaches about heaven and hell. Most comes from years of reading and studying.

We do need to be careful for what we believe being taught by men or groups, using the bible out of context and or giving their private interpretation as the truth of God's words. The JW's, The Mormons, Evangelicals, Pentecostals are all guilty of doing these things. One Thing I see, that many will not talk about, and that is that Church Organizations are used as employment for men and women without even their being a true calling on them to preach or teach the word of God. I see way to many people in these Christian Organizations getting rich off their teachings and heretical practices, by twisting the word of God, even when it is mixed with a bit of true teaching. But that is how poison of a loved one is done by mixing in just enough truth to make their false teaching palatable.

This could not be done if more people did as the Bible says, Study, rightly divide and believe what the Bible says.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

a reply to: dfnj2015

It's hard for me to accept a God of love would be so cruel as to allow his Creations to suffer for all eternity.

Don't bother arguing dogma with the cult of churchianity , they have to believe or they are going to Hell, too.

But you are seeing clearly. God is worse than Hitler, at least hitler killed people outright, God tortures them forever and ever and ever.

But he loves you.

Doesn't that response seem a little immature?

It's like blaming some poor Detroit factory worker for the death of a friend who suicided in a car and took others with them.

God made the universe. He didn't 'make' sin (a consequence of our choice), chances are He didn't make 'Hell' either (a consequence of sin).

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I don't think it matters to know exactly what Hell is except to know that no one ought to want any part of it because it separates us from God forever.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Actually I loved George Carlin's comedy. But that is it is comedy.

If you understand what the Bible teaches, God has taken responsibility for the creation of both evil and good, and in his infinite wisdom made a way that ALL men can go to heaven, and all it takes is belief on his son substitutionary/vicarious death for men on the cross.

What better way, than God coming in the flesh and bearing all sin on himself as the responsible party for sin.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But there are people who don't believe there is a God, let alone that he gave his only begotten son for their salvation. You're right no one should want a part in hell.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Actually I loved George Carlin's comedy. But that is it is comedy.

If you understand what the Bible teaches, God has taken responsibility for the creation of both evil and good, and in his infinite wisdom made a way that ALL men can go to heaven, and all it takes is belief on his son substitutionary/vicarious death for men on the cross.

What better way, than God coming in the flesh and bearing all sin on himself as the responsible party for sin.

There is a difference between God taking responsibility for a thing and God having created it.

If you believe that God is alpha and omega, beginning and end, then He knew at the start what would be the results of what He made, but all He made was good. So you either have to believe that He made evil and it was good, or that evil was a side effect of what He made, not His direct creation. He knew it was going to come about, and He also knew how it would be eventually cleansed and how He would make the redemption of His creation possible.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Jesus was the one to speak more about hell than any other person recorded in the Bible. It is not about God character being evil or good but about his justice being appeased because of the sin of any being he created, those beings have souls just like god has a soul.

God justice calls for Hell to be there to justify his offended holiness and his eternal law. Your statement is like stating you don't believe in the state of California (insert any States name) because the have prisons for criminals.

While hell is a literal place there is also a place for heaven. To deny one is to deny the other.

Neural connections are called synapses. While I understand what you are trying to say. But all of us have a will t do or not to do something. But take a person like my son, whose condition the synapses are missing between certain points of the neurons in his brain that connect to the mental and physical areas of his body. What about him well because he is a son of at least one Christian he himself is said to be holy.

Hell being a state of separation is accurate in the fact that you wont be seeing anyone else in hell, but you will hear you unsaved spouse, child or parent crying out in pain and agony which adds to the mental torture that comes along with the physical torture of one who gets cast into the lake of fire.

The one that is truly separated is the saved one, they will not hear or see nor even remember any of their lost/unsaved family and friends because they will be made completely and wholly holy forever. However they will recognize saved members of family and friends.

This is what the bible teaches about heaven and hell. Most comes from years of reading and studying.

We do need to be careful for what we believe being taught by men or groups, using the bible out of context and or giving their private interpretation as the truth of God's words. The JW's, The Mormons, Evangelicals, Pentecostals are all guilty of doing these things. One Thing I see, that many will not talk about, and that is that Church Organizations are used as employment for men and women without even their being a true calling on them to preach or teach the word of God. I see way to many people in these Christian Organizations getting rich off their teachings and heretical practices, by twisting the word of God, even when it is mixed with a bit of true teaching. But that is how poison of a loved one is done by mixing in just enough truth to make their false teaching palatable.

This could not be done if more people did as the Bible says, Study, rightly divide and believe what the Bible says.

Yes, I do take what you say to heart.

But in my defense, I was trying to assist people in pushing past their cartoonish paradigms (aka, George Carlin video which is invariably rolled out every time discussion of such topics is attempted) and to see that there is much more here to comprehend.

I am aware of Jesus' descriptions of Hell (which had some basis in Greek mythology as opposed to only in Jewish/Hebrew scriptures) but He had a penchant for parables, which are largely hypotheticals, to get the people to think (and also to hide the meaning from those who refuse Him).

While Jesus' direct responses to others must be intended to be taken literally, the "Kingdom of Heaven is like..." statement is clearly not "The Kingdom of Heaven is..."

I have other things to say but they aren't on topic so I'll probably PM you.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

'Heavens' is all around and thru us. Our soul is already there.

Yes. That's what Jesus said...

Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty." -- The Gospel of Thomas #3

His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?" Jesus said, "It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying 'here it is' or 'there it is.' Rather, the kingdom of the father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it." -- The Gospel of Thomas #113

That partly how we know what heaven and hell are like.

We get "glimpses" of these places while walking about in the flesh.

When the "flesh" drops away, and return to dust, we no longer have it as a distraction, so we get to see the full impact of heaven and/or hell depending on the state of our minds.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This website provides real accounts of people who claim to have died and experienced bliss...

Read some of these. They're addicting.

Internation Association of Near Death Experiences

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Why did you have an argument about something neither one of you have experience with or direct knowledge? Seems to me you'd be better off seeking answers at www.thisguntasteslikepennies.com

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I one time had an argument with someone about religion. I was in my twenties and much more irreverent than I am now. I really got this guy angry at me and he started talking about eternal damnation and where my soul was going to go when I died. I said, "how bad can it be it can't be as bad as living in New Jersey." He did not crack a smile and was completely tight lip and serious. I had to work with this guy so I decided to throw him an olive branch. I said I've been thinking about Hell. And for Hell to work, the torture involved can't be the same thing every time because if it were a repeating pattern you would eventually get used to it over eternity. So the torture in Hell must be like an irrational number. That is it is never the same numbers every time and it never repeats the further you keep going on with it. My Christian friend really like this idea. His eyes light up and he said, "Yeah that's it" as I imagined he was salivating over the idea of me being torture for all eternity. I really never understood why some Christians take so much joy in prospect of other people suffering for all eternity.

It also seems to me suffering for all eternity is the most extreme cruel and unusual punishment imaginable for finite crimes. It's hard for me to accept a God of love would be so cruel as to allow his Creations to suffer for all eternity.

So lately I've been wondering what Heaven would be like. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what it means to experience eternal heavenly bliss? Do you still walk around and talk to people? Or are you so busy experiencing bliss you do not have any time for conscious thought or experience time at all. I think when you are in a state of eternal heavenly bliss you just exist in the state of bliss. I don't think you have time for conscious thoughts.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: drz400
This website provides real accounts of people who claim to have died and experienced bliss...

Read some of these. They're addicting.

Internation Association of Near Death Experiences

Near death experiences is not the same as dying.

First of all, most of those near death experiences are positive, all love and light and such.

Real death is much different.

If you want to know what real death is like, it's completely described in detail in the "Tibetan Book of the Dead."

The entire drama from death in this life, through the various bardo states, until re-birth in the next life after this one.

Much of it is scary as hell. Don't believe the near death reports. They haven't actually died yet.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I got ya.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That is a really good post. I never thought about it this way.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I don't think either Heaven or Hell are places or states of being we can actually really conceive of.

Then why be afraid of Hell?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
In Heaven, the bud is the best. Each time you try it is stronger and tastier.
I don't know how they import the scotch from Scotland, but somehow they do - and it's the best scotch you've ever had.
You can sleep late and party all night. Tons of sex, if you want it, and everyone looks totally hot.
Heaven is awesome!

Hell, on the other hand. It's just boring as hell. Mormons everywhere and tons of other "religious" people who just don't get it.

Are you sure you don't have the two places reversed?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood
No-one has the ability to grasp what perpetual regret looks like.

Nonsense. Maybe in Hell you experience what other people felt that you sinned against as experienced in their eyes and skin. You keep experience all the sins you did on other people over and over again until you finally understand the golden rule is not just a good idea but it is God's rehabilitation.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

consider these verses and study them well, then you will see what I was alluding too.

Isa 45:5 ¶ I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

H made a way to be responsible for the evil that was performed by his highest most beautiful creation who walk among the fires of God and in his midst, the Chrub that covereth. Even though God did not do the iniquity that brought sin unto the earth and into the depth of heaven, He took full responsibility and sent his only begotten son to die for man he later created and placed on a rehabitable earth, know the beginning from the end. This is a wise and Holy God, who wants none to perish.

We perish because of our own choice not his. He made a way, it is us who must accept that way or reject it. And our eternal destiny or as the Preacher said in Ecc 12 our "long home" depends on that choice, that part is up to us.
edit on 3-1-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And he always needs money!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join