It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Manafort sues Mueller and the DoJ

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Vector99

I did champ. Also my father in law was a chief of staff for a state AG, my sister in law has three law degrees and teaches law,...

It ain't going nowhere. I would be willing to bet on it. It looks fancy and it fooled you I guess. He tries to create a legal precedence but it won't work. Mark my words. It's nearly impossible to fight vague investigative powers.

But you can hope and be impressed I can't atop you. Then complain it's rigged when it's thrown out.

My neighbor is the mayor and his daughter is a lawyer for "the big guy", and she said it had legs. So I believe my third party source cancels yours out.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I did champ. Also my father in law was a chief of staff for a state AG, my sister in law has three law degrees and teaches law,...

It ain't going nowhere. I would be willing to bet on it. It looks fancy and it fooled you I guess. He tries to create a legal precedence but it won't work. Mark my words. It's nearly impossible to fight vague investigative powers.

But you can hope and be impressed I can't atop you. Then complain it's rigged when it's thrown out.

My neighbor is the mayor and his daughter is a lawyer for "the big guy", and she said it had legs. So I believe my third party source cancels yours out.

link

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I've reached out to a few of my lawyer friends, we'll see what they say. Maybe they'll confirm what luthier is saying, maybe not. Either way, I'll post it here when I hear back.

That's what lawyers do, evident by this (civil) case. They argue law from one side or the other the best of their ability, but it doesn't mean they are correct. You know that.

Then judges decide.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Funny the things people will do to rationalize or attempt to justify criminal behavior when it's someone on 'their team.' Guy seemingly broke the law, is likely involved in a criminal conspiracy, and people are all right with that.

And people want it shut down as they also whine about "draining the swamp," (except for your people).

Sad, actually.

You people are pathetic.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

if muellers team was "THE TOP DOGS" mueller would have turned manafort over for rosenstein to prosecute
but no mueller HIMSELF had to get the indictment

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Right. That makes perfect sense.

Usually you don't want to interview the suspects as the investigator.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

if muellers team was "THE TOP DOGS" mueller would have turned manafort over for rosenstein to prosecute
but no mueller HIMSELF had to get the indictment

Mueller knows exactly what he's doing. Mainly uncovering a vast criminal conspiracy around trump and co and also involving russian interests and money laundering. The web is vast, and that's what mueller is finding. Trump put himself on the radar the moment his ego got too big and he pounced on the presidency.

And they're sweating. That's why they're doing everything they can to shut it all down.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Poor Paul Manafort , a Modern Day Joseph Valachi without a Secret to Tell........

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

To shut it down Trump need only do so.

Hes been adamant he has no such intention or desire.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Thats the kicker....we should not hope for miscarriage of justice. Its not what we should want for ourselves.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, justice should be carried out according to law. Not finding ways to circumvent it when it doesn't go as we wish.

It's currently going according to law. The attempt to circumvent it is what is concerning.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It's pretty clever if you think about it... because it puts DOJ and the FBI in a crossfire, from an evidentiary standpoint.

Discovery is going to be a REAL bitch... and enough has come out because of the DOJ OIG, that they have some serious threads to pull on.

Yep... this is gonna be good.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

Your assuming it isn't immediately dismissed. Which I would literally wager it is..

The rules clearly state Mueller and the doj have authority to explore any crimes that come up.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

a reply to: dasman888

Your assuming it isn't immediately dismissed. Which I would literally wager it is..

The rules clearly state Mueller and the doj have authority to explore any crimes that come up.

They may have the authority, but that does not mean they won't be sued. It's like, sure, you can say racist things because of free speech, but that does not mean you won't get fired from your job because of that.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
As far as Manafort is concerned, the reason why they pulled his tax returns, is that they are following the money. From what I have heard, and seen, is that during any criminal investigations, investigators and prosecutors will look at financial data, to see if there is anything that is out of the ordinary. And from what has come out, Manfort has alot of questionable items in his tax and financial records. But it also shows dealings that the man has been doing, that also is a key indicator of his involvement with the Trump team. Many of these were laid along time ago, and continued on up until the present.

Now this is a standard when it comes to these kinds of cases, and Manafort's legal team is trying to get the man off from all of this. Now if they are successful, then the man walks away, and good chance he leaves the country. However, there is enough there to show that Manafort and Trump knew each other intimately. Also as the focus has been on the finances, any financial irregularities during the campaign from Manafort, would be something that they would focus on, and seeing if Manafort was funneling money from a foreign power, like Russia into the Trump campaign.

In either case this is getting interesting.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
As far as Manafort is concerned, the reason why they pulled his tax returns, is that they are following the money. From what I have heard, and seen, is that during any criminal investigations, investigators and prosecutors will look at financial data, to see if there is anything that is out of the ordinary. And from what has come out, Manfort has alot of questionable items in his tax and financial records. But it also shows dealings that the man has been doing, that also is a key indicator of his involvement with the Trump team. Many of these were laid along time ago, and continued on up until the present.

Now this is a standard when it comes to these kinds of cases, and Manafort's legal team is trying to get the man off from all of this. Now if they are successful, then the man walks away, and good chance he leaves the country. However, there is enough there to show that Manafort and Trump knew each other intimately. Also as the focus has been on the finances, any financial irregularities during the campaign from Manafort, would be something that they would focus on, and seeing if Manafort was funneling money from a foreign power, like Russia into the Trump campaign.

In either case this is getting interesting.

But it has to do with the 2016 election. That's the scope of the investigation. They cannot investigate Manafort for things dating back decades.

Trump campaign spent only a fraction as much as Hillary campaign did. If foreign funding is suspicion, Hillary is far more suspicious than Trump. And why would Russia give Trump money for? Just so Trump can send Javelin missiles to Ukraine to kill Russians? Personally, I don't think Russia would fund either the Trump campaign or the Hillary campaign. It is Russia tradition not interfering in other countries.
edit on 3-1-2018 by yomss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: yomss

It does if your suit makes false claims which its loaded with.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: yomss

I would read the link I gave and it's highlighted parts.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: SirHardHarry

To shut it down Trump need only do so.

Hes been adamant he has no such intention or desire.

People keep saying that as if it was absolutely true. He definitely has the desire but i guess he realizes if he tried it would be infinitely more problematic for him lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I am inclined to agree... it's very well played... and anyone who has a rudimentary understanding of The Constitution knows, that the Special Counsel, at it's BEST... is probably unconstitutional.

I agree with that opinion... the problem I have generally is there is so much rot in the entirety of the American system... all 3 branches and the 4th Estate, that we have no way to put pressure on wrong doers and criminals in government.

Oh well... sure would be cool to see pedophiles and crooks go to prison.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join