It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Manafort sues Mueller and the DoJ

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well this was just filed by Paul manafort. link

Here I thought Mueller had flipped him.... Guess not.

If successful, the entire Mueller probe would end and the doj would have to pick up the reins or let it die. Manafort is alleging that it was improperly commissioned and incompatible with the constitution.

edit on 3-1-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

While I dont think this ever means the investigation is dead- It certainly does make it look like Manafort isnt playing ball. What that means is anyones guess. Its like trump saying hes gonna sue his sexual harassment assault accusers .

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wow. I wonder who's idea this was?

Hmmmmmm.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

If successful, lol.

It will be successful at taking more money from manafort that is about it.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Wow. I wonder who's idea this was?

Hmmmmmm.

His lawyers since they filed the suit.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Maybe a little explanation for the Opening Post.

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort has sued special counsel Robert Mueller, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, and the U.S. Department of Justice.

The suit alleges that Mueller has strayed beyond the scope of the investigation he was authorized to pursue, and argues that the charges filed against Manafort have nothing to do with the 2016 presidential election that spurred Mueller's appointment.

"The actions of DOJ and Mr. Rosenstein in issuing the Appointment Order, and Mr. Mueller's actions pursuant to the authority the Order granted him, were arbitrary, capricious, and not in accordance with the law," the suit reads.

Manafort's suit alleges the order appointing Mueller "exceeds the Deputy Attorney General's authority." All actions taken by the special counsel "must be set aside," it reads.

www.cnbc.com...

The suit alleges that Mueller has strayed beyond the scope of the investigation he was authorized to pursue,

Guess that means Bill Clinton can sue whatshisface. Ken Starr.

edit on 1/3/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You folks should read that link.

Preferably before making assumptions.

This lawsuit has legs.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

This lawsuit has legs.

Says who?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Sounds like Manafort did some homework and got some good lawyers. Mueller won't be able to bankrupt him with legal fees like he did Flynn, Manafort has some serious cash.

Hell it actually sounds like Mueller may end up off the case quite promptly after reading through about half the complaint.

This may actually cause the extermination of special prosecutors forever.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Sounds like Manafort did some homework and got some good lawyers. Mueller won't be able to bankrupt him with legal fees like he did Flynn, Manafort has some serious cash.

Hell it actually sounds like Mueller may end up off the case quite promptly after reading through about half the complaint.

Really?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

This lawsuit has legs.

Read about 1/2 way through, haven't checked the sourced cases at all yet, but I doubt they are illegitimate. It definitely has grounds, possibly to permanently end the use of special prosecutors.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Vector99

Really?

Yes, really. read the damn link and stop looking ignorant.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I did. It looks like he filed a complaint..

My guess it get thrown out since Mueller has vague and widespread power.

So what makes you think this isnt a normal counter suit tactic?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

You obviously just opened it and stopped reading after the first page then

My guess it get thrown out since Mueller has vague and widespread power.

That's exactly what this lawsuit is addressing. Again, try reading it...ALL of it.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I did champ. Also my father in law was a chief of staff for a state AG, my sister in law has three law degrees and teaches law,...

It ain't going nowhere. I would be willing to bet on it. It looks fancy and it fooled you I guess. He tries to create a legal precedence but it won't work. Mark my words. It's nearly impossible to fight vague investigative powers.

But you can hope and be impressed I can't atop you. Then complain it's rigged when it's thrown out.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

It very well may get thrown out, it is in DC afterall.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Interesting way to fight his indictment. I would wager this is not the only lawsuit Manafort files. This is also proof he is not cooperating with Mueller.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I'm curious why/how she has three law degrees? Has she ever practiced or just a perpetual student?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

ORDER NO. 3915-2017
APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL COUNSEL
TO INVESTIGATE RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE WITH THE
2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION AND RELATED MATTERS
By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C.
§§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and
management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the
Russian govemmenfs efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, I hereby order as
follows:
(a) Robert S. Mueller III is appointed t() serve as Specia] Counsel for the United States
Department of Justice.
(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI
Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on
Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:
(i) any links and/or coordination bet ween the Russian government and individuals
associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).
(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is
authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.
(d) Sections 600.4 through 600. l 0 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are
applicable to the Special Counsel.
Date ' 1
edit on 3-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yep. Even if nothing else comes of it, this proves that those who believed he had flipped and was involved in some deal were wildly mistaken.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join