It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living with so many animals.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm presently living with 11 dogs, and 10 cats. So many animals.....
It's like a jungle in here lol. No, they're not mine. I don't own them nor is it my house. (they're all fixed)

What would you do if there was 11 dogs, and 10 cats in your house?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHook

I think I'd go nuts. We briefly had five cats, and that was enough, more than enough.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

ya, imagine the vet bills, and food cost lol
edit on 3-1-2018 by CaptainHook because: fixing

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I would make sure I own alot of land around my house.. with big fences around so I can just let them out and play.
And I would get a gps collar for each.. so I can keep a eye on all.

And I would make sure I had the money to have some youngsters to come take care of fur, nails, baths and personal play time for each of them.

I would take all my time to give them all the love they need.

I would consider if it was a good idea to be a animal hoarder an reconsider my life.. and think about what is best for the animal and not what is best for me

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

good answer

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I've got two dogs. That's enough. Plus around 100,000 bees, but they live outside.

Used to have bantam chickens.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

That's a lot of animals. I have two, and I can't imagine the care needed for 21.
The cat litter alone????

My dog gets groomed every few weeks and it gets really expensive. For some people their pets are their full time job.
My dog groomer has several dogs and she takes great care of them, some other people not so much!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainHook
It's like a jungle in here lol. No, they're not mine. I don't own them nor is it my house. (they're all fixed)

Open a Chinese restaurant?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Just try not to end up with 68 dead cats in the freezer. You just reminded me of this story I read today in the newspaper. God Bless the volunteers that donated their time and resources to assist this elderly couple whos well meaning intent got them overwhelmed.
Dead cats trigger volunteer effort to rescue older Valrico couple from hazards of hoarding

VALRICO — It got so out of control.

Cheryl Smith and John Ellis started rescuing a few stray cats at their Valrico home, hoping to give them better lives. Smith, 70, even went without food some days so her cats could eat, but never had them spayed or neutered.

Before long, the couple had so many cats they couldn’t keep up.

One day in November, a neighbor finally called animal control. Authorities found 63 dead cats in a freezer at the couple’s home plus dozens more buried in the back yard.

The carcasses were just the tip of the iceberg. The couple’s home had fallen into such disrepair — Ellis, 66, also serves as caregiver for Smith, who has severe scoliosis — that living there was dangerous.

Now, with the help of county authorities, neighbors and a company that specializes in the work, the home has undergone a cleanup and repair valued at more than $25,000.

"This environment is going to kill them if they keep living here," Laura Koppel, president of Spaulding Decon, said in mid December as the extreme cleanup company prepared to start the job.

More than $25,000 worth of products, services and labor were donated by local businesses that Spaulding Decon works with, including Alvarez Plumbing and Air and Aramsco Industrial.

Volunteers from the neighborhood came out to help, too.

Koppel said she is often shocked by the conditions people are willing to live in, but she urged others not to pass judgment.

"You never know the struggle each person has," she said.

At least you can still handle it.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I would take 21 separate rides

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Cat urine smell is rough. I love animals though.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Move.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Just a few steps to follow.

1. Find a large burlap sack.

2. Find a few bricks or rocks.

3. Find some deep water..

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Like lurker said: Move. Anything stopping you, like free rent or something? I think we have half a story here.
edit on 1/3/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have 2 dogs and 5 cats; all rescues. Many times I look around and feel like I am living in a Dali painting-all that motionless hanging around in various poses on anything flat. It is a full time job and I feel the love.

And then I go dark and realize they're all just just waiting for me to die so they can eat me.

(Sick, I know because they are very loved and extremely pampered. I've turned into the old lady with all her cats. But I love them all so much.)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
thats no way for a human to live, youre not a dog.
if it gets to much...

'Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.'

god said its ok.

edit on 3-1-2018 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
More info is needed here. Though, keep in mind, that many in one area, even if a bigger sq. ft. place, can be a haven for parasites and spread of disease(from colds and more) if not managed properly for that amount of animals. Let alone keeping the place clean of feces. Plus keep those cabinets locked from picky bathroom habit critters. Hope there's at least outside kennel area access and or a place to walk the dogs.

Nice to hear they are spayed/neutered, but are they up to date on shots, clear of ear mites, grooming needs met- from nails trimmed to matter fur, proper food and watering, etc?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Eat 5 dogs and feed the other dogs to the cats.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
In my household there are currently 4 cats and 6 dogs,of which 4 of the dogs live outside.For us that is a nice manageable number.Most cats i had at one time was 17..Hectic and not recommended.And probably no one on this planet adores and reveres cats as much as i do but hell no,never again.
edit on 4-1-2018 by Raxoxane because: Grammar

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join