It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester Bombing "Hero" Pleads Guilty to Robbing Blast Victims.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I suppose this should not come as a particular shock to us in the post milenial world, and at least this homeless "man" had sufficient remaining traces of decency to plead guilty, but FFS. It also wasn't widely reported during the post bombing outpouring of love and unity that, over ten thousand people falsely claimed to be at the Manchester Arena concert on the night of the terrorist attack, in a disgraceful attempt to obtain free tickets to the memorial concert that were meant for those that were caught up in the incident, and their loved ones.

Like I said it shouldn't really shock us anymore, but this does have the effect of making me wonder what other stories of "heroics" might yet emerge from other disasters.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 3-1-2018 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2018 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You’d think it impossible to be as equally scumbaggy as the bomber himself...

But robbing the victims and claiming to have been assisting in the aftermath...
That’s pretty damn scumbaggy!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Apparently members of the public raised £50,000 for the guy, but he will not now be getting it.

Which feels oddly appropriate. Karma, for once, has worked.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

It's a shame how he robbed the victims. Stealing one Moms purse while her daughter was dying, and stealing a cell phone from an injured person.

He only helped to get close enough to rob them. He's no hero. I'm glad to see they found out before he got the gofund me money.

Maximum sentence. Not that he'll care, since he was homeless. Jail will feed him, clothe him, and give him a warm place to sleep. Not really justice...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I knew that guy was somewhat insincere. This explains why.
edit on 4-1-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This is a stpry about how a gullible public was spoon fed feel good tripe, got played, amd now wants to be angry about it.

Well...and a homeless dude taking an opportunity to cash in a bit. Ya know...homeless people arent usually the most clear thinking or the best decision makers. If they were they wouldnt be homeless. So i wouldnt be too raw about someome who seems to have a lifetime of bad decisions behind them making yet another one.

The gullible public being emotionally manipulated by their media with a BS story, on the other hand.....

top topics

join