It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Christosterone

Bannon is not a liberal. Why would liberals whine over the revelations about the Trumps. It’s more like confirmation.

A first year medical student often needs this definition pounded into their head:

con·fir·ma·tion bi·as
noun
the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories.

-Chris

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Does bannon know more about the meeting than has been released?

If so, I hope he has testified and told the investigators about what he knows.

If he is making these comments that it was treason based on what we all know, then why is his opinion any more valid than anyone else's?

If he also says that the democrats paying for the dossier to get dirt in trump from Russians was treason, will everyone in here also take his word for that and demand the prosecution of all of those democrats?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

That is the wonder

However given his hatred for the braintrust of Don Jr and kush he could also be being dramatic.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Liquesence

Yep, that's how it reads because that's the way it's worded in context, although still ambiguous and open to interpretation (or spin). He didn't say, 'It's none of that,' or 'I happen to think it's not all that'

That's not how the english language works, to be honest. "all that" is in reference to the things listed, ie. "not treason".

The English language works in various ways, and you know it does. I've seen you manipulate it for this very purpose.

'All that' can also reference "treason," etc sans the negative.

You even admitted it was an ambiguous statement.
edit on 3-1-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: angeldoll

So thats a no then.

OK.....I'll wait to comment until I hear it from him.

If he is going to clear it up, it should be soon. Like today. Otherwise his friends at the Breitbart are saying "when he (Bannon) lost his job, he lost his mind".

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Nope, just Trump now takes time out of his day to dismiss a former staff member. So what is it? Was he fit to be a staff member, or is he insane?

All part of the master plan right? I swear when they are leading half the administration away in cuffs you guys will still be spinning it in a way that this was all part of the plan.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Trump has responded..in a statement

He says Bannon lost his mind...He's also saying Bannon was a leaker..

twitter.com...
edit on 3-1-2018 by EchoesInTime because: oops! sorry the end is cut off, maybe someone can repost to show full text

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

That is the wonder

However given his hatred for the braintrust of Don Jr and kush he could also be being dramatic.

That would be my guess too.

But hey, I bannon has evidence of treason, I hope the guilty are prosecuted for their crimes, no matter who they are.

But it's funny watching all the anti trumpers take his word as gospel here.

I guess they will have no choice but to see him as equally credible when he attacks democrats.

Lets go over to breitbart and see what he has to say about dems today shall we?

I am sure all of the people on this thread thinking his opinion on what is treason is definitive will agree with the rest of his thoughts.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Well yeah, theories are theories until confirmed with proof.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

It's like CNN saying they are cutting down a historic tree, the big bad grinch family. Then you find out its been stapled together and dying for years. They have transplants for new trees.

IMO stick to the facts. IMO there are some there to be wondering about with Trump's team. But I understand it's my opinion. Based off the crap info everyone else has.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Well, now the media has gotten the response that they wanted, forever attempting to obstruct the work of the government.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Well, now the media has gotten the response that they wanted, forever attempting to obstruct the work of the government.

And it appears trump also read he thinks Bannon meant he believes there was treason.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just to quote the idiot who's posts have brought ATS down to an all time low.. Tick tock!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

And it appears trump also read he thinks Bannon meant he believes there was treason.

It is what the headline says, after all.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Bannon is such a rascal.
I love watching this guy work.

Bannon is anti-establishment.

Trump pretended to be anti-establishment during the election run, but has completely flipped once again and become the establishment with all his new found Republican buddies.

Trump is really all about the "money."

This is the part that Bannon didn't quite understand.

Trump's foray into politics is only because it was difficult for him to make more money any other way.

He tried the apprentice, to get some cash flow going, that didn't work.

Sitting on lots of Real Estate that have all your capital tied up in assets that require various running costs: "mantenance", "insurance", "taxes", all the while you watch the "paper money" capital appreciation going up on your books, making things "look good" on paper, but having to feed that "cash flow" to service those assets, is a huge problem.

Nothing that a nice big juicy "tax cut" wouldn't solve, however.

But, for that solution, The Donald had to take the reigns in the Oval Office to get it done.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I'm trying to find the original on this. Do you know where? Nothing shared on twitter nor the news links to the original. Nothing on Trump's nor Sarah Sanders' twitter.

Politico, no link to original: www.politico.com...
HuffPo. no link to original: www.huffingtonpost.ca...
WaPo, no link to original: www.washingtonpost.com... f284e71c8d_story.html?utm_term=.3bb9f879e823

Fishy.
edit on 3-1-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

No one is treating bannon as gospel from the left. Its irony. And I know youre smart enough to understand that. Bannon's comments on dems make no sense in this regard as Bannon wasnt working with the dems.

He was working for Trump. and thus, his comments on Trump hold some weight. Is he still a blowhard? yes. Is this a disgruntled person bitter about being fired? sure... But this is like podesta saying clinton is a traitor. If Podesta said that- Id assume he knew something and that would hold weight in the same regard.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
He's correct. And, TBH, I'm stunned that he is calling it what it is. I wonder if it's the first move in uncoupling Trump from Bannon's base? Bannon is many things but he's not stupid and he wants his nationalist movement to go on with or without Trump, who he sees unraveling or going down in flames.

It was ALWAYS clear that Bannon was the idealist and Trump was the transactional.opportunist. It comes as no surprise that money-laundering is the underlying issue with the Trump family. That's what the real issue was with the dossier anyways, implications of that, not kinky hotel escapades.

Ultimately, I think Trump wanted to be the cranky old golf-playing critic who would help Bannon into a new TV media venture after an election loss. He wanted to throw verbal slams against "crooked Hillary" while doing nothing, lamenting how a unique once in a lifetime opportunity to have him save America was thrown away by stupid liberal people. He was going to be the hammer for the Nationalist Movement, and Bannon's media ventures the medium through which he struck.

Then he got elected... Oops!

Who knew being President was so complicated???

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It is a statement from the White House from Trump.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join