It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Here’s the actual quote, which turns out to be a little more ambiguous:

“Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad #, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately.”

“I happen to think it’s all of that” could refer to not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad #. I suspect he will confirm this is the case.

Yep, it is ambiguous, but I read it as "I happen to think it's all that", meaning treasonous, unpatriotic, and some bad
Sh!t. Apparently everybody else takes it that way too. But you're right about the ambiguity, definitely. He either gave himself some wiggle room, or it's just an accident. Hm.

But taking into account the entire context, he did say "the FBI should have been called, and they should have had lawyers present" (regardless), which implies they were wittingly going into something they shouldn't have, and for reasons they shouldn't have.
edit on 1/3/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

“Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad #, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately.”

“I happen to think it’s all of that” could refer to not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad #. I suspect he will confirm this is the case.

I happen to think its all of that

Less ambiguous and actually on the nose. so .... lets not muddy clear water here.

Nonsense. He said “not treasonous”. He didn’t say he thought it is treasonous.

Its like talking to a brick wall right now ...

Bannon continues: “It goes through Deutsche Bank and all the Kushner #. The Kushner # is greasy. They’re going to go right through that. They’re going to roll those two guys up and say play me or trade me.”

That’s a different quote. It’s like talking to a sponge.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Yep, it is ambiguous, but I read it as "I happen to think it's all that", meaning treasonous, unpatriotic, and some bad
Sh!t. Apparently everybody else takes it that way too. But you're right about the ambiguity, definitely. He either gave himself some wiggle room, or it's just an accident. Hm.

You could be right. If that’s the case, then Steve Bannon does not know what treason is. He’s very well read, and I think he’s smarter than that.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

It was a conversation not a written report so he quantified his opinion with an interjection is how I read it. Particularly in context with all his other statements.

He obviously with out a doubt thinks Kushner and don Jr are idiots who damaged the presidency.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Shhhhhh.. Anything negative Trump is either fake news or purely part of a mastermind scheme to keep all us lemmins distracted while they leak all sorts of random bread crumbs to a bunch of people trying to tie a massive conspiracy together because senior people in the whitehouse have nothing better to do than to get a bunch of people doing random research to make conspiracies.

It makes more sense researching every delayed flight, watching flight aware, making random assumptions on 'sealed indictments', saying Huma is wearing an Ankle brace.... Right...

I'm in, where do I get that kool aid? When I watch faux news do they send me some sort of tin foil hat to put on to understand?
edit on 3-1-2018 by mzinga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You could be right. If that’s the case, then Steve Bannon does not know what treason is. He’s very well read, and I think he’s smarter than that.

Agreed. Don't think the meeting would reach the definition of 'treason".

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

But again, only Bannon could confirm what he meant to say. I don’t think his ambiguous statement warrants the blatant withholding of context done by the press here.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

If Trump came out on live TV calling his supporters jackasses you'd be here arguing he meant a completely different animal that in reality is a compliment.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

If Trump came out on live TV calling his supporters jackasses you'd be here arguing he meant a completely different animal that in reality is a compliment.

TRUMP ‘KNOWS REPUBLICANS ARE STUPID,’ JARED KUSHNER ALLEGEDLY SAID TO FORMER EDITOR

Actual Trumper reaction...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Watching the trumpets spinthis one is entertainment gold. Keep it going guys

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I wonder why Bannon's eyes are always so bloodshot.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I wonder why Bannon's eyes are always so bloodshot.

He was a Deadhead. Probably loves the sticky icky.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Watching the trumpets spinthis one is entertainment gold. Keep it going guys

Their theme song...

www.youtube.com...

...we just need to add a line about them shaking off reality.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

But again, only Bannon could confirm what he meant to say. I don’t think his ambiguous statement warrants the blatant withholding of context done by the press here.

But, sometimes when you are face to face with a person, like in an interview, you get a clearer meaning of what they meant. Plus, I think Bannon would have corrected them instantly if he felt they had twisted his remarks.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
so once again someone that the left attacked every time he opened his mouth will now be held up as a beacon of truth and honesty on everything trump.

It would be easier to take the left seriously if they would stop freaking every time this guy broke wind.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Less ambiguous and actually on the nose. so .... lets not muddy clear water here.

Bannon continues: “It goes through Deutsche Bank and all the Kushner #. The Kushner # is greasy. They’re going to go right through that. They’re going to roll those two guys up and say play me or trade me.”

So Bannon, who detests Kushner, thinks Kushner's sh** stinks. So?
As for the quote about treason I am looking forward to the clarification because I think LesMisanthrope is correct, and desperate liberals have just jumped off the deep end

edit on 3/1/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

But, sometimes when you are face to face with a person, like in an interview, you get a clearer meaning of what they meant. Plus, I think Bannon would have corrected them instantly if he felt they had twisted his remarks.

It's glaringly obvious he thinks kush and Don jr are real morons and destroyed his work..

So this could be just a bitter man's take.

link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Love it. Its not like anyone with half a brain didnt see this day coming. Theres no real loyalty with Donald Trumpo. Why? Because he demands it and doesnt earn it.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The only desperation going on here is turning " i happen to think its all of that" into somehow defending trump. But its not like i expected anything else from the trumpets.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

So Bannon, who detests Kushner, thinks Kushner's sh** stinks. So?
As for the quote about treason I am looking forward to the clarification because I think LesMisanthrope is correct, and desperate liberals have just jumped off the deep end

It's pretty clear this is his opinion imo..

But it's his opinion not a fact. The rest of the release he slams Don jr and kush and obviously does not like either and feels they f'd it all up.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join