It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Wardaddy454

That is why most scholars believe that the book should be categorized as "Fiction".

Except that Wolff has hours and hours of tape. Most writers tape entire conversations with a recorder. I do, and use a zoom H4n with a separate tiny mic. And when on video assignment, separate mic directly into the slr. Redundency ....

And let's not forget the tapes and monitoring that takes place in the WH offices. Remember what brought Nixon down?

In the interest of truth, lets hear the tapes.
edit on 4-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I don't know what scholars you guys are talking about but this book seems legit to me, just from reading short excerpts. Paints a very human picture of Trump, above all, a man out of his depth. It's kind of tragic, if this is true. I can picture Melania crying when they found out he had won, that's no surprise at least; obviously she knows him and she must have known it would cause a lot of trouble for them, for Barron. This has been quite a ride, and it's still going on.

I'm just saying that everything checks out so far, and fits with what we already know. Obviously we can't just believe whatever Wolff says, but we can't just dismiss it either. The partisan republicans and democrats will say it's either all bull, or it's all true, but I don't wanna be like that. Hopefully the coming months will shed more light. But Wolff is already proving by far more trustworthy than any Q or Meg, or other anonymous "source". Why not welcome this, to learn the truth? I don't think Bannon would be working with him either if he saw any redeeming qualities in this administration.

Personally I've approved of Trump every now and then, and I believe in some of the things he has come to represent. I also don't find him unpleasant on a personal level, like many other liberals seem to do, I think he seems like a cool guy. It's just that his flaws make him so wrong for the job on so many levels. He's good at making a show and he's got an energetic persona, but that's not enough after he won.

But in the end a lot of good may come out of it. He has helped shake things up and to make people question media and politics, though that would have happened one way or another even without him personally. A sort of catarsis for America.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Trying to stay neutral on Trump, the thing that stands out to me from Bannon is the wording for the Russia meeting "treasonous...".

Appreciate he wants to sell lots of books and these words will inevitably invite lots of publicity (and lawsuits). I do wonder though whether he has been "leaned on" by the FBI who may have explained the severity of the case. Or he has a contact within the justice department who is telling Steve Bannon to get the first punch in!

As I say this is NOT questioning whether the case is treason or not and hence subject to a heavy sentence, the question is "Did Steve Bannon think it was treason?"

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: templar knight

Appreciate he wants to sell lots of books and these words will inevitably invite lots of publicity (and lawsuits). I do wonder though whether he has been "leaned on" by the FBI who may have explained the severity of the case.

The book isn't written by Bannon. Bannon was quoted in it, but there is no payout for him because of it.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Metallicus

We're in a constant state of war? Ha ha who are we are war with again.
My real news station seems to have missed this.
Even in Afghanistan.. we're not at war.
We're after some bad people true. We're out to stop crimes true but we're not at war.

Trump doesn't seem too interested in infrastructure. Unless he can see a way to put another dime in his pocket while doing it and I don't put that past him.

Bannon doesn't seem to be much of a trump supporter in this respect. He's pretty much throwing trump and company under the bus.

Oh it's so much fun watching them scramble and fight amongst themselves like savage little monkeys.

Guess this is what happens when you surround yourself with "the best people" lol...

Not at war? Pretty much don’t care? I’d say our young men and women in the military overseas that lose their limbs and lives would disagree with you.

Or how about the children and women in the Middle East that have lost their lives or have been mutilated? I’d bet they would say that they feel like it’s a war.

Not at war? Better think about it silly one.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Except that Wolff has hours and hours of tape. Most writers tape entire conversations with a recorder. I do, and use a zoom H4n with a separate tiny mic. And when on video assignment, separate mic directly into the slr.

Can your provide a link to the source of your claim?

Aside from that, there maybe illegalities involved.

edit on 4-1-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: olaru12

Except that Wolff has hours and hours of tape. Most writers tape entire conversations with a recorder. I do, and use a zoom H4n with a separate tiny mic. And when on video assignment, separate mic directly into the slr.

Can your provide a link to the source of your claim?

Aside from that, there maybe illegalities involved.

He does apparently have tapes - they should be released. I have little doubt they will reveal something different to what he posits in his book. Context is everything.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Even so, it seems ridiculous for people,to compare this
with watergate. They must have 10 or more back up plans to try and
bring down Trump. Predictable...

I seem to recall some tapes on Obama that never materialized.

I smell a rat or two.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I would love to hear the tapes. I highly doubt he has anything good. Otherwise, they would already been leaked. This is the same dude that got all his predictions wrong. He said Trump didn't want to be president. Ok, then why would he do 6 rallies a day just to lose?? Then he claims that Melania cried in sorrow because Trump won?? Melania was the one that convinced Trump to run for President. He said it many many times before. lol

He even mentions in the book, "You decide if this is fact or fiction". Obviously, fiction due to his bad predictions. He is just trying to create publicity for to sell his book.
edit on 4-1-2018 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Just read the Author Wolff admits this is just fiction.

"Looseness with truth"

He is just another worm looking for money, lol

Oh, the Libs are just desperate!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: bknapple32

Ok. You want me to be silent or only to agree wth you or face your sophomoric insults?

Really though if THAT was treason, then there is no doubt in my mind that the DNC is guilty of exactly that.

The penalty is death.

Forget Trump. If he is guilty then send him to court. If you were honest you would not give a pass to criminals with a D in front of their names.

Treason only happens during wartime. There may be charges but treason will not be one of them for Trump or D's but it sure gets tossed around a lot. Try conspiracy to commit a felony, obstruction of justice, money laundering, witness tampering, lying to a federal LEO....need more?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

This is fantasy roleplaying for people who don't like D&D.

Journalists record conversations all the time. The transcription process is painstaking. The "tapes" are digital files. They are kept for the lawyers if their is any scrutiny. Do you understand libel law? It is next to impossible to libel the most famous man in the world. A prima facie case for defamation against a sitting president is a ridiculously high bar, because legally, the burden of proof is on the plaintiff. In the case of a major public figure, you have to prove that the defendant knew his statements were false and that there was malicious intent. This is next to impossible when you have "tapes" that can be obtained through discovery.

Sorry, but this is the big boy pool now. The guy who pioneered birtherism knows that and is blowing smokescreens.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Just read the Author Wolff admits this is just fiction.

"Looseness with truth"

He is just another worm looking for money, lol

Oh, the Libs are just desperate!

It’s hilarious seeing them clinch onto this drivel as if it’s the new bible.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships
Trump Tweet

More
I authorized Zero access to White House (actually turned him down many times) for author of phony book! I never spoke to him for book. Full of lies, misrepresentations and sources that don’t exist. Look at this guy’s past and watch what happens to him and Sloppy Steve!

Looks like Bannon has a new nickname..Sloppy Steve

edit on 4-1-2018 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
There was no way I was going to vote for a moron, and I was forced to vote for Hillary.

What a pathetic excuse. You were not forced to vote anyone, just saying it reads like an excuse.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Doesn't anyone else see a pattern here? Trump hires someone to be part of his 'team'. He lauds them publicly as the best thing since sliced bread. A short time later they are either fired or quit and suddenly they are the devil, insane, losers. But the key is, Trump HIRED these people. He chose them. In the real world, if you are an executive and you repeatedly make bad hires you are #-canned. Cold truth.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

originally posted by: kurthall
There was no way I was going to vote for a moron, and I was forced to vote for Hillary.

What a pathetic excuse. You were not forced to vote anyone, just saying it reads like an excuse.
das schickt mich oft. The whole time , if i say something that somehow cut the trumpnaritiv ... its seen as i voted hilaryor even gets called on merkel. But in real iam here in germany and have something a problem wit ww3 and even founding people that have a merkel poster at home... can be quit an impossible mission

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Careful now. You'll steal Steve's thunder. He wants to let it ride for a few weeks and then recant it all to expose the "fake news" industry.

This book is his poison pill. It feels like a gift designed to cynically manipulate public opinion and undermine the investigation. It will backfire for the reasons I outlined above: the tapes and libel law.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think deep down we all knew that Bannon was a reliable, honest, and credible man. We should all believe these accounts and devote a great deal of our minds to exploring the veracity of this citation.

(gag... )
a reply to: antiantonym

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Doesn't anyone else see a pattern here? Trump hires someone to be part of his 'team'. He lauds them publicly as the best thing since sliced bread. A short time later they are either fired or quit and suddenly they are the devil, insane, losers. But the key is, Trump HIRED these people. He chose them. In the real world, if you are an executive and you repeatedly make bad hires you are #-canned. Cold truth.

You have a good point there.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join