It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: Grambler

No one is treating bannon as gospel from the left. Its irony. And I know youre smart enough to understand that. Bannon's comments on dems make no sense in this regard as Bannon wasnt working with the dems.

He was working for Trump. and thus, his comments on Trump hold some weight. Is he still a blowhard? yes. Is this a disgruntled person bitter about being fired? sure... But this is like podesta saying clinton is a traitor. If Podesta said that- Id assume he knew something and that would hold weight in the same regard.

If Podesta got fored, and then said Hillary was a traitor, I would ask for proof.

If he said something we were all aware pf, like Hillary had a server at home and that is treason, and presented no new evidence, I would not give the man any attention at all.

Yet that is what we are seeing here.

If bannon has more evidence of treason, fine let's hear it.

But just giving his opinion on the Don Jr meeting after it is public is just his opinion.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Agreed. But we on the left of this are seeing as the first shot fired. If Bannon has something hes going to decide on how and when to use it- most likely based on trumps reaction both internal and external.
edit on 3-1-2018 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Actually he probably had it pulled from him it's happened to a lot of conservatives. And anyone that twitter determines to be an extremist.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Maybe. I wish I could just read a current events thread once in a while without having flat propaganda become part of the conversation.

I would be more open to criticisms of Trump if the left wasnt so completely full of isht on the subject.

Its easier and probably more accurate to just lump it all under fake news and wait for the real stories to be insisted upon by sane moderates we can trust.

Liars make everyone more aggressive.

edit on 1 3 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Agreed. But we on the left of this are seeing as the first shot fired. If Bannon has something hes going to decide on how and when to use it- most likely based on trumps reaction both internal and external.

Exactly...

This is just the beginning of the end. Bannon has some bigly plans, believe me.

www.americanlibertyreport.com...
edit on 3-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So for the 2,545 time since he announced his election this is it? The big one?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: antiantonym

Here's my take on it: fake news. Michael Wolfe has attributed these quotes to Bannon. Wolfe, in the same book as the Bannon quotes, has been accused by 12 other people (not Bannon) of making up quotes that they never said or twisting the meaning of the quotes.

All in favor of this thread being moved to the hoax bin signify your agreement by stating YES.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Then please provide your counter arguments...

Either say all those policies are good things, or point to leftwing legislation that has been worse....

Which is really hard because usually the left wing politicians are such cowards , we never try the leftwing policy..

The gop scare tactics people by taking about death panels type things that aren’t even real, and the dems fold because they are afraid they will look soft on crime or what have you...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ok, so the author is claiming he just floated around the West Wing and was able to get information.

“Shortly after Trump’s inauguration, Wolff says, he was able to take up ‘something like a semi-permanent seat on a couch in the West Wing’ — an idea encouraged by the president himself,” the note read. “Because no one was in a position to either officially approve or formally deny such access, Wolff became ‘more a constant interloper than an invited guest.’ “There were no ground rules placed on his access, and he was required to make no promises about how he would report on what he witnessed. "

This sounds unlikely.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Doesn't even matter. It's a non-issue. Fodder.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Doesn't even matter. It's a non-issue. Fodder.

For sure, but I'm sure the background to this story is interesting... sounds like another effort to keep alive the stone cold Russia story. I guess it needs to keep going till the mid terms.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Myself maybe Trump an Bannon are friends playing the lawyers and congress like fools to see what pops up!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: dragonridr

Maybe. I wish I could just read a current events thread once in a while without having flat propaganda become part of the conversation.

I would be more open to criticisms of Trump if the left wasnt so completely full of isht on the subject.

Its easier and probably more accurate to just lump it all under fake news and wait for the real stories to be insisted upon by sane moderates we can trust.

Liars make everyone more aggressive.

So somebody points out truth to you but since they are what you perceive are left wing you won’t listen.

If a man saves you from drowning and he’s a leftie, then you’ll just drown then?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Excuse me, What truth was exposed?

is this a script or are you just using bots now?

Edit to add:
If I was truly guilty of treason I hope the lefty would kick me under.

Thats the point. You can twist that all you like. Thats all.

edit on 1 3 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

For sure, but I'm sure the background to this story is interesting... sounds like another effort to keep alive the stone cold Russia story. I guess it needs to keep going till the mid terms.

That would be my guess too, though I do not think any of the media fools are capable of coherent efforts, let alone keeping alive a story, and it's probably just the breathless spasming of idiots.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I admittedly know very little about Wolff, but even Katy Tur is warning caution on him, his claims, and his history of embellishment.

But that does not mean his reports should be summarily dismissed.
edit on 3-1-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

See now logically if you are doing something shady you don’t want a lot of people to know about it..

So from that stand point, why would trump have told him???

But the counter argument to that is , every step of the way they have been idiots about it...

A) you don’t send ANY higher ups to a shady meeting with Russian agents.. Yet they literally sent the top 3 people.. and they admit to going and ATLEAST thinking it was Russian agents..

You would think trump would have a bagman. Someone he could trust to do his dirt that he could seperate from if necessary..with a fat payout for the bagman...

B) if trump didn’t inform Sessions and a bunch of the other top brass of a deal with Russia. then why are they all having meetings they feel the need to lie about????

Again logically why would you tell a bunch of politicians you don’t really personally know and trust????

But if they really don’t know anything about it why are they specifically lying about meetings with Russians???

So should bannon know??? No.. Who would ever tell a media mogul ANYTHING secrete??!?!

But then again this has been a comedy of errors..

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this link has been posted, but it is a "taste" of the book,Fire and Fury, by Michael Wolff.
NYMag.com

After reading a bit on twitter, there seem to be many sources, not just Bannon. Man, some of the excerpts are going to cause Donald's head to explode.

This paragraph, Ouch!

Few people who knew Trump had illusions about him. That was his appeal: He was what he was. Twinkle in his eye, larceny in his soul. Everybody in his rich-guy social circle knew about his wide-ranging ignorance.
Early in the campaign, Sam Nunberg was sent to explain the Constitution to the candidate. “I got as far as the Fourth Amendment,” Nunberg recalled, “before his finger is pulling down on his lip and his eyes are rolling back in his head.”

And this from Twitter:

J @JohnJHarwood More page 23 of new Wolff book:
“Trump liked to say that one of the things that made life worth living was getting your friends’ wives into bed.”

twitter.com...

edit on 1/3/2018 by Olivine because: formatting

The Trump/Bannon base seems to be fracturing a bit.

edit on 1/3/2018 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Meanwhile our infrastructure is crumbling,

Right. And Trump and the GOP just diverted 1.5 Trillion of funds to the wealthiest 5% and corporations.
Their priorities are crystal clear.

healthcare is in shambles

That has literally been the GOPs declared plan. Those that back that plan have no business complaining.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Bannon is probably right on money laundering, I said last year that would explain why Trump's whole family and administration are so in bed with the Russians. Now I heard a congressman on NPR saying they know where to look for it, but the republican congress doesn't want to investigate.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join