It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Donald Trump’s former chief strategist Steve Bannon has described the Trump Tower meeting between the president’s son and a group of Russians during the 2016 election campaign as “treasonous” and “unpatriotic”, according to an explosive new book seen by the Guardian.

Bannon, speaking to author Michael Wolff, warned that the investigation into alleged collusion with the Kremlin will focus on money laundering and predicted: “They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.”
www.theguardian.com...

Here's how I see this situation (assuming Bannon's prediction is right):

1. This will be a gigantic distraction for President Trump. He'll be consumed by it, and if he pardons his son, it will be very unpopular.

2. This situation gives President Trump a clear motive for having obstructed justice.

3. President Trump will probably be forced to testify under oath due to this. Imagine something like the following happening under oath.

The 47 most outrageous lines in Donald Trump's New York Times interview

Grab your popcorn.
edit on 3-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Meanwhile our infrastructure is crumbling, we are in a constant state of war, we have illegal invaders pouring over our borders, our educations system is broken, healthcare is in shambles, but yeah, let’s make sure we focus on what is really important.

Bread and circuses indeed.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym
Grab your popcorn.

When has Trump presidency not been a complete circus show. I would not expect anything less at this point.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Meanwhile our infrastructure is crumbling, we are in a constant state of war, we have illegal invaders pouring over our borders, our educations system is broken, healthcare is in shambles

You should have voted Democrat.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Meanwhile our infrastructure is crumbling, we are in a constant state of war, we have illegal invaders pouring over our borders, our educations system is broken, healthcare is in shambles, but yeah, let’s make sure we focus on what is really important.

Listen to this interview with Trump. He claims that the U.S. "will become like Greece" when the national debt reaches $24 trillion. I had hope that Trump could pull off some kind of miracle, but Trump's tax bill will add a lot to the debt. Trump has not made any truly significant enough changes in the system to stop the eventual crash from happening. He theoretically could have done it, but he's done nothing substantial. I see it all as rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic at this point.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

according to an explosive new book seen by the Guardian.

Hillary has already written another book ? Or is this one of those unsourced "books" that never will appear for sale....
I say Guardian BS. Just like all the other times.

Bannon, speaking to author Michael Wolff, warned that the investigation into alleged collusion with the Kremlin will focus on money laundering and predicted: “They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.”

I bet instead of the name Trump , it was Clinton but this fur in er Wolff could not bring himself to tell the truth and name the real culprit - Hillary Roddham Clinton . He has to sell his liberal trash after all....

Michael Wolff is an American author, essayist, and journalist who is a regular columnist and contributor to USA Today, The Hollywood Reporter, and the UK edition of GQ

en.wikipedia.org...(journalist)

Well , looks as if my first prognosis is correct.

Or is this one of those unsourced "books" that never will appear for sale.... I say Guardian BS. Just like all the other times.

Fantasy science fiction , anyone ?

edit on 1/3/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: antiantonym
Grab your popcorn.

When has Trump presidency not been a complete circus show. I would not expect anything less at this point.

Meuller as the ring leader with no evidence of collusion which even isn’t a crime? The DNC seems to be purposefully causing the circus unnecessarily on false pretenses.

If this is credible evidence, why air it out in the court of public opinion? Why not use it as part of criminal investigation?

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We're in a constant state of war? Ha ha who are we are war with again.
My real news station seems to have missed this.
Even in Afghanistan.. we're not at war.
We're after some bad people true. We're out to stop crimes true but we're not at war.

Trump doesn't seem too interested in infrastructure. Unless he can see a way to put another dime in his pocket while doing it and I don't put that past him.

Bannon doesn't seem to be much of a trump supporter in this respect. He's pretty much throwing trump and company under the bus.

Oh it's so much fun watching them scramble and fight amongst themselves like savage little monkeys.

Guess this is what happens when you surround yourself with "the best people" lol...

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Exactly, OP. For over a year now, we have heard nothing but lies, from trump on Russia. How people defend him on the topic, is mind boggling. This was the best republicans could come up with. BTW, I did not vote for Obama once. There was no way I was going to vote for a moron, and I was forced to vote for Hillary. The investigation is far from over.

I find it funny that people who are pro trump, fail to see what is right there in front of them. These people who lied to the FBI and the arrests , and indictments that have gone out, are juts the beginning. Why did Flynn lie about Russia?

Now, last week trump said, even if there was collusion, it does not make it illegal!?! Wait, for over a year he said there was not any collusion. It was fake news, as was Russia meddling in our election. None of which was fake to begin with. Now he is saying, well if there was it doesn't matter.

People should have a problem with this!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Not at war huh, that sure would be a surprising thing to hear for some of my friends in theater that are you know still being shot at, and occasionally mortared.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Bannon:

“You realise where this is going,” he is quoted as saying. “This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to #ing Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr and Jared Kushner … It’s as plain as a hair on your face.”

From the Guardian article.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Exactly, OP. For over a year now, we have heard nothing but lies, from trump on Russia. How people defend him on the topic, is mind boggling. This was the best republicans could come up with. BTW, I did not vote for Obama once. There was no way I was going to vote for a moron, and I was forced to vote for Hillary. The investigation is far from over.

I find it funny that people who are pro trump, fail to see what is right there in front of them. These people who lied to the FBI and the arrests , and indictments that have gone out, are juts the beginning. Why did Flynn lie about Russia?

Now, last week trump said, even if there was collusion, it does not make it illegal!?! Wait, for over a year he said there was not any collusion. It was fake news, as was Russia meddling in our election. None of which was fake to begin with. Now he is saying, well if there was it doesn't matter.

People should have a problem with this!

Maybe what you see right there in front of you--Russia 'stealing' our election--is an illusion? An illusion put there on purpose to distract? If so, it has worked brilliantly. Many people believe that Putin put Trump into office. Goodness, the Emperor's New Clothes are gorgeous, eh?

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
He's correct. And, TBH, I'm stunned that he is calling it what it is. I wonder if it's the first move in uncoupling Trump from Bannon's base? Bannon is many things but he's not stupid and he wants his nationalist movement to go on with or without Trump, who he sees unraveling or going down in flames.

It was ALWAYS clear that Bannon was the idealist and Trump was the transactional.opportunist. It comes as no surprise that money-laundering is the underlying issue with the Trump family. That's what the real issue was with the dossier anyways, implications of that, not kinky hotel escapades.
edit on 1/3/2018 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

For not being at war, we spend an awful lot of money on it.

www.google.com... .edu%2Fcostsofwar%2Ffiles%2Fcow%2Fimce%2Fpapers%2F2016%2FCosts%2520of%2520War%2520through%25202016%2520FINAL%2520final%2520v2.pdf&usg=AOvVaw38kTlCRQ47 9hg4f6OgUTDS

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Bannon is such a rascal.
I love watching this guy work.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Dddaaaaammmmnnnn

Old bannon is jumping ship....

Uh oh, looks like things might get VERY interesting..

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Meanwhile our infrastructure is crumbling, we are in a constant state of war, we have illegal invaders pouring over our borders, our educations system is broken, healthcare is in shambles, but yeah, let’s make sure we focus on what is really important

And you expected something different?

link   

But but I thought you wanted to drain the swamp? What's wrong? Are you afraid they might pull the "wrong' plug? Uh oh.
Don't you think all the swampsters should go, regardless of which party they affiliate with, or who they are related to?

+10 more 
link   

Um....

1000 votes to repeal Obamacare when they knew it was just for show?!?!

Hundreds of millions of dollars investigating Benghazi when they already knew it was nonsense to pin it on the top level...

“Lock her up” and all the other lies...

Now that it looks like trump might be screwed, you care about inferstructure...

How quaint..

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Where is that trade stuff trump promised??

You know, the only reason aloe of middle class people voted for the orange baboon??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join