It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea Clinton Wishes The Church Of Satan A Happy New Year

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I really do not care what the OP posted

It is the topic of the thread and that is what I was referring to. If you care enough to reply to something at least know what its premise is.

Anyone highly religious that sees Satan as evil might have an issue...lol

That is a given but those numbers are not as high as you believe them to be.

Also, don't be so nonchalant...She started her Tweet "Its been a long time!" come on...lol

That was the joke. The fad associating the Clintons with spirit cooking and all things satan had died down by the end of the year, compared to earlier that year. She even explains it but I guess reading a few extra tweets to get context is too much to ask for.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
That was the joke. The fad associating the Clintons with spirit cooking and all things satan had died down by the end of the year, compared to earlier that year. She even explains it but I guess reading a few extra tweets to get context is too much to ask for.

I'm not debating this... your assumption is it is no big deal with America and mine is it can be...That is about as basic as it can get.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I acknowledged that earlier in the thread.

I'm now just saying that it isn't as bad as you claimed, 90%, and wherever the real number might be, it would be even lower if moderately religious people realize it was a joke.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I acknowledged that earlier in the thread.

I'm now just saying that it isn't as bad as you claimed, 90%, and wherever the real number might be, it would be even lower if moderately religious people realize it was a joke.

I do agree, but religion isn't something a smart person jokes about if they have any future ideas of public office..

Remember Trump won with 27% of the vote...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

It might not matter if the population is turning non-religious, which it seems to be.
edit on 5-1-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I think you missunderstood my point. 90% of America say they are religious, so that means if a person aligns themselves with any group that 90% of America most likely disagrees with then there could be repercussions if they ever wanted to enter public life...that is all I'm saying...

So not going along with the masses means you should always expect repercussions and ridicule? I'm sorry but that's a mob mentality. It doesn't matter how small the population of atheists are. It doesn't give the people who belong to a majority a free pass to ridicule and attack people. That's like saying African Americans aren't allowed to speak out against racial intolerance and should expect ridicule and repercussions because they only represent less than15% of the population. The population numbers are irrelevant.
edit on 1 8 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

So not going along with the masses means you should always expect repercussions and ridicule? I'm sorry but that's a mob mentality. It doesn't matter how small the population of atheists are. It doesn't give the people who belong to a majority a free pass to ridicule and attack people. That's like saying African Americans aren't allowed to speak out against racial intolerance and should expect ridicule and repercussions because they only represent less than15% of the population. The population numbers are irrelevant.

You don't think CoS is not ridiculing and attacking religion...lol. Your hyperbole doesn't make sense BTW...

Lets say Obama joined the Black Panthers before he entered office are you saying that should have zero impact on his election possibilities?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Did Chelsea join CoS?

Clearly apples and oranges.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Did Chelsea join CoS?

Clearly apples and oranges.

I don't know do you? I don't know why you all are arguing my point that any association or implied association can have consequences...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'm not arguing that it can't. I thought I made it clear that I was arguing that it would be a misassociation in this case.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You don't think CoS is not ridiculing and attacking religion...lol. Your hyperbole doesn't make sense BTW...

Lets say Obama joined the Black Panthers before he entered office are you saying that should have zero impact on his election possibilities?

Going against the masses shouldn't be an issue in itself, although I fully admit that people going into politics have to tip toe around everything, because there are tons of simple minded folks out there that vote exclusively based on their belief system. I agree that politicians face repercussions when they run for office, but to me, that just exemplifies how the 2 party system is complete trash. US elections have essentially become a beauty pageant / high school popularity contest where everybody has to pander to Christianity or they have no shot at winning. All they do is speak smoothly and sling mud at each other. It's a complete joke and the world knows it.

The Church of Satan has its purpose and it's not just about ridiculing. The reason it gets a bad name is because people think of Satan as the devil, the most evil being in existence, but in reality it has nothing to do with him. Satan represents indulgence. Satanism is essentially the worship of yourself. It's about giving in to your inhibitions and living life to the fullest. It means not being concerned with pipe dreams or spirituality, but this one physical life. It's a common misconception that Satanism actually represents the devil or Satan himself. It's not just anti-Christian, it has it's own whole set of ideals. Sure they fight against unconstitutional things theists try to do, but they aren't a parody religion like FSM. People actually believe it and follow it, so I really see no problem with wishing them a happy new year. I know people will judge her over it, but I just personally feel that it's not a big deal at all. It's just another thing blown way out of proportion, but that's good ol' ATS for ya.

edit on 1 8 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Going against the masses shouldn't be an issue in itself, although I fully admit that people going into politics have to tip toe around everything, because there are tons of simple minded folks out there that vote exclusively based on their belief system. I agree that politicians face repercussions when they run for office, but to me, that just exemplifies how the 2 party system is complete trash. US elections have essentially become a beauty pageant / high school popularity contest where everybody has to pander to Christianity or they have no shot at winning. All they do is speak smoothly and sling mud at each other. It's a complete joke and the world knows it.

The Church of Satan has its purpose and it's not just about ridiculing. The reason it gets a bad name is because people think of Satan as the devil, the most evil being in existence, but in reality it has nothing to do with him. Satan represents indulgence. Satanism is essentially the worship of yourself. It's about giving in to your inhibitions and living life to the fullest. It means not being concerned with pipe dreams or spirituality, but this one physical life. It's a common misconception that Satanism actually represents the devil or Satan himself. It's not just anti-Christian, it has it's own whole set of ideals. Sure they fight against unconstitutional things theists try to do, but they aren't a parody religion like FSM. People actually believe it and follow it, so I really see no problem with wishing them a happy new year. I know people will judge her over it, but I just personally feel that it's not a big deal at all. It's just another thing blown way out of proportion, but that's good ol' ATS for ya.

In the end I highly doubt that a CoS member would vote for someone like Pence due to his religious beliefs...

It's about giving in to your inhibitions and living life to the fullest.

Think I can do this without CoS or ridiculing Religion in general. Plus "giving in to your inhibitions" can be rather for others, depending on your inhibitions...I understand it is all about self...not sure if I agree.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

In the end I highly doubt that a CoS member would vote for someone like Pence due to his religious beliefs...

Yes, and likewise most protestant church members (and many Catholics) would never vote for an atheist or satantist. That still doesn't make it an issue to wish them a happy new year, at least in the eyes of a rational person. For me personally, I look at individual policies, not the religion of the candidate when voting. Most people in this country are too simple minded for that, however.

It's about giving in to your inhibitions and living life to the fullest.

Think I can do this without CoS or ridiculing Religion in general. Plus "giving in to your inhibitions" can be rather for others, depending on your inhibitions...I understand it is all about self...not sure if I agree.

Well yeah, I'm not saying I completely agree with everything or that you have to follow Satanism but it's a legitimate belief system and they don't go out of their way to harm others.

You keep saying that the church of Satan constantly ridicules religious people, but I don't see anything in there that's any worse than what the bible or Quran says about killing blasphemers. You can keep projecting that the church is evil or immoral, but who gets to decide that? You? Christians? Last I checked Christians ridicule non believers and their holy book specifically says to kill your own family members if they even hint at worshiping another god. I'm sorry but anything negative you can bring up about COS can easily be applied to most popular religions today. Just because the religion is unpopular to Christians, doesn't make it wrong, immoral or bad. Would Christians be rioting if she wished a Muslim happy new year?

If you don't want to recognize them as a valid religion, that's really on you. It is legit and has a lot of members and isn't just about ridicule. They do many important things to keep Christians in check and keep them following the constitution. I'm not a member myself, I just find it incredibly ridiculous that something so simple as a "happy new year" to somebody with different or controversial beliefs could cause such an alarmist reaction from people.

edit on 1 9 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Hoping context has been added in 14 pages..

If not..context:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

It just goes to show its much ado about nothing.
edit on 11-1-2018 by PainGod because: contect

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PainGod
a reply to: Chadwickus

It just goes to show its much ado about nothing.

Exactly, and the info has been shared at least twice before, barely a peep about caring this wasn't what it was said to be:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

While I encouraged others to not reply to these, this 14 page faux outrage material to push aside topics is an example of what's going on with the site.

<< 11  12  13   >>

join