It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Gov Candidate Asks Jeff Sessions to Sue State Over New Sanctuary Law

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

California State Assemblyman Travis Allen invited President Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions to sue Sacramento over the new "sanctuary state" law.

Tucker Carlson said that under the new law, all police statewide are banned from inquiring about immigration status, and that the legislation also has guidelines for schools as well.
insider.foxnews.com...

This is a cry for help! This not a sign that Trump is winning for those who can't figure it out.

With the Republicans controlling the Supreme Court, this case should be an easy victory for them. Thank goodness for that. It could have been completely different otherwise.

I don't care what your political leanings are, how can people support a system that favors criminals? Can't everyone see that as evil?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Asking Jeff Sessions to DO SOMETHING? Good luck with that!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Cant he just pull federal funding and watch as Cali burns and sinks into the ocean under the weight of its own current and growing and soon-to-be monstrous debt and crime?

Sacramento has already decided to ignore the feds, what good is a supreme court case over this issue?

Cut them loose.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
California and it's suburbs of Washington and Oregon. Refusing to obey Federal Law . Speaking of Succession.
Wasn't that the entire concept behind the War of Succession (the Civil War) once upon a time
Yes , yes it was....
I say let em go , though . And a little while later , watch them come crawling back asking for forgiveness .
You have Hollywood. Drug problems. Homeless problems . Water shortage problems .Illegal immigrant issues.The list goes on. All caused by Liberal policies and corruption over the years. Hell , Jerry Brown's father had already set up additional water reservoirs that could have prevented water shortages. And then Jerry stabbed his own dad in the back in the name of special interest groups.
Not to mention any official stating they refuse to follow Federal Law is immediately guilty of treason.
And the country has indisputable evidence against them as they stated they are treasonous out loud and in public.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

California State Assemblyman Travis Allen invited President Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions to sue Sacramento over the new "sanctuary state" law.

Tucker Carlson said that under the new law, all police statewide are banned from inquiring about immigration status, and that the legislation also has guidelines for schools as well.
insider.foxnews.com...

This is a cry for help! This not a sign that Trump is winning for those who can't figure it out.

With the Republicans controlling the Supreme Court, this case should be an easy victory for them. Thank goodness for that. It could have been completely different otherwise.

I don't care what your political leanings are, how can people support a system that favors criminals? Can't everyone see that as evil?

I ask myself that question every day when I see people vote in a new congress person, judge, sheriff, etc, voted into office.

What is different about California's criminal enterprise called the political system vs the US Congress?

None.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
California and it's suburbs of Washington and Oregon. Refusing to obey Federal Law . Speaking of Succession.
Wasn't that the entire concept behind the War of Succession (the Civil War) once upon a time
Yes , yes it was....
I say let em go , though . And a little while later , watch them come crawling back asking for forgiveness .
You have Hollywood. Drug problems. Homeless problems . Water shortage problems .Illegal immigrant issues.The list goes on. All caused by Liberal policies and corruption over the years. Hell , Jerry Brown's father had already set up additional water reservoirs that could have prevented water shortages. And then Jerry stabbed his own dad in the back in the name of special interest groups.
Not to mention any official stating they refuse to follow Federal Law is immediately guilty of treason.
And the country has indisputable evidence against them as they stated they are treasonous out loud and in public.

That's not why the civil war was either considered, started, sustained, or ended.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Cant he just pull federal funding and watch as Cali burns and sinks into the ocean under the weight of its own current and growing and soon-to-be monstrous debt and crime?

Sacramento has already decided to ignore the feds, what good is a supreme court case over this issue?

Cut them loose.

Uncle Sam is 20 T in the hole. Another 100 T in unsecured liabilities. Can you explain or show me where California has amounted anywhere close to the same sort of debt as he?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
They keep electing Moonbeam. Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting different results.

California is a blueprint of a completely failed state, just as is Illinois.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
They keep electing Moonbeam. Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting different results.

California is a blueprint of a completely failed state, just as is Illinois.

Why is the US as whole in any better shape and not an example of a failed state as well?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

It has to do with Governance mostly.
Secondly it's regional.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Enough petitions were gathered. Why didn't California leave the U.S. like it planned to do after Trump was elected?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

a reply to: SR1TX

It has to do with Governance mostly.
Secondly it's regional.

lulz .... What????

The United States, of which the members here seem to think is in a better position...Morally, Ethically, and Financially, to say anything to California, or for that matter, anyone, is BROKE.

What do people not understand about this???? We have no money and print what we don't have.

So my basic question to the responses here about "Cut them off" or "Sue" them. With WHAT $$$?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
no thank you California, as a taxpayer who doesn`t live in California I have no interest in paying more taxes to bail you out of the problems that you created for yourself and that I had no say in.

thank you for asking for my help this time, before you rape me of my federal tax dollars that I pay,but I respectfully decline your pleadings for more of my hard earned money.

it always starts with a request for a federal inquiry and it always ends with a demand for more federal ( a.k.a. taxpayers money) thank you, but no thank you, you created your problems ,you fix them without robbing me.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I won't be baited or deflected into some obtuse and different topic. My comment stands, is simple, articulate and about California and Illinois. If you want a argument road trip then good luck with that.
Carry on..

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I won't be baited or deflected into some obtuse and different topic. My comment stands, is simple, articulate and about California and Illinois. If you want a argument road trip then good luck with that.
Carry on..

MMmmm nooo..

Your comment was that California serves as a blueprint of a failed state. My assertion is that the United States already took, cut, and ate all slices of that cake long ago. So what on earth are you talking about in regards to being a failed state? At All? Do you even know what you are talking about? Probably not is my guess.

Thanks though.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Cut them loose.

That would be a really bad move for the US as California could stop sending payments to Washington in response. They send out way more then they get.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

insider.foxnews.com...

I hope Cali secedes. They care nothing about their legal citizens.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

but if the federal government throws enough tax payer dollars at the problem called California we can fix the problem, right? and if the federal government doesn`t have enough tax payer dollars to throw at the California problem we can always borrow more, we are only 20 trillion in debt.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Well, if they do not want to comply with federal laws, then just take away all of their disaster aid. Let them fend for themselves, after all, they can get illegal immigrants to do the work. but if the cops aren't allowed to ask, shouldn't businesses be banned from asking too and have to pay state minimum wages or prevailing wages to these illegals too?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

really? do they really contribute more taxes to the federal treasury than they take out? per 100,000 people?

edit on 3-1-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join