It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea will open border hotline with South

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Isn't Kim Jong their greatest athlete in every sport? So is he going to compete in all events as the sole entry for North Korea?

Be glad it's 2018 Olympics, not the 0018 Olympics.

Can you imagine seeing him naked and running?

You can't un-see that....

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
wow, deja vue this reminds me of hitler and Neville chamberlain working out a deal to cede Czechoslovakia to the Nazis to guarantee "peace for our time"
does anybody remember history or even learn from it anymore?

People always critize chamberlain but they always forget Britaun was broke and its army under equipped and unready. If Britain had gone to war then we would have lost.

Chamberlain brought Britain valuable time. Thanks to that time britain was able to get its RAF and Navy together which held off the NAZI's and stopped britain being overrun.

End of the day britain won......Hitler lost.
edit on 3-1-2018 by Theprodicalson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

discussions will focus on sending North Korean athletes to the PyeongChang Winter Olympics which will kick off in South Korea next month,

This is the one and only reason that he is doing this at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Theprodicalson

wow, deja vue this reminds me of hitler and Neville chamberlain working out a deal to cede Czechoslovakia to the Nazis to guarantee "peace for our time"

People always critize chamberlain but they always forget Britaun was broke and its army under equipped and unready. If Britain had gone to war then we would have lost.

Chamberlain brought Britain valuable time. Thanks to that time britain was able to get its RAF and Navy together which held off the NAZI's and stopped britain being overrun.

That would be a fantastic point if that was actually Chamberlain's plan. Sadly, he was just really naive and thought Hitler's pinky swear not to invade anyone else was genuine. Fortunately, Hitler was slow to make his next moves and it was over a year before he took any major action against the UK. Giving Chamberlain credit for that is sketchy in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
How can trying to resolve this peacefully be a bad thing?

I get the cynicism ya'll have...but seriously...if we can resolve it peacefully (or even with minimal bloodshed), it seems like a huge win for the entire planet.

And if Kim is just stringing along...so what? Why should any of us care? The point is to not create another war, regardless of the how and why behind it.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I get the cynicism ya'll have...but seriously...if we can resolve it peacefully (or even with minimal bloodshed), it seems like a huge win for the entire planet.

And if Kim is just stringing along...so what? Why should any of us care? The point is to not create another war, regardless of the how and why behind it.

Because presidents of both parties have been trying that approach for 25 years. They will never give up that program, no matter how much negotiating you do. It's pretty obvious to me they're just doing this now because they're so close to the finish line and they know we're getting close to hitting them.

As for why we should care, I imagine some folks in France saying the same thing in the late 30s. If we could have some guarantee that they would only hold on to the nuclear weapons as a deterrent, I'd be with you. But I don't think this guy is playing with a full deck. It's an awfully big risk to take to just let him have them, hoping he's smart enough not to use them. The diplomatic options are pretty much exhausted, and China has demonstrated they're not serious about helping. It's time to act.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

That would be a fantastic point if that was actually Chamberlain's plan. Sadly, he was just really naive and thought Hitler's pinky swear not to invade anyone else was genuine. Fortunately, Hitler was slow to make his next moves and it was over a year before he took any major action against the UK. Giving Chamberlain credit for that is sketchy in my opinion.

Maybe it was a blunder but if it was a blunder it was a blunder that saved the UK, Europe and possibly the USA ( it armed forces in 1938 where in a worse shape than Britain's).

It brought time we all needed.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I 100% agree.

Sadly i think war might be needed. And i hate war.

But if it can be resolved peacefully, EVERY and I mean EVERY possible avenue of diplomacy needs to explored first.

If these talks fail.....well North korea brings the consequences on itself. But these talks need to be at least tried.

No harm can come from dialogue. Words cost nothing.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

But if it can be resolved peacefully, EVERY and I mean EVERY possible avenue of diplomacy needs to explored first.

I am absolutely for trying to resolve things peacefully, however this kind of thinking leads nowhere. Every time we get ready to strike, they could just say "Oh, we're ready to talk now", drag it out for a few months, get us to pull our forces back as a show of good faith, and then walk away from the talks. Then it'll take a while for us to get back to the point where we're about to take military action. Then they could just say they're ready to talk again. And everyone who thinks "We should try EVERY possible avenue of diplomacy" thinks we should talk again, even though they've already fooled us with this strategy numerous times already. This is the same type of thinking that gets you cheated on multiple times by the same boyfriend/girlfriend because they swear they've changed after each time. At some point you have to man/woman up and take the harder road.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Aww thug muffin not feeling bout it bout it today?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join