It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea will open border hotline with South

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Seems old Kimmy Boy is getting so "ronery"

Seemingly following through on earlier hints of dialogue with South Korea, North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un has ordered to reopen the border hotline with Seoul for negotiations, according to a televised statement. The discussions will focus on sending North Korean athletes to the PyeongChang Winter Olympics which will kick off in South Korea next month, according to the statement issued by an unnamed Northern official. The hotline will become active at 6:30am GMT (2:30 pm North Korean time), the official said as cited by Reuters. DETAILS TO FOLLOW

www.rt.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This will be twisted into somehow being an Act of War, bet!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

He knows his end is near. Dead men don't consume Elemental cheese, and wash it down with cognac!
They just take dirt naps, and push up daisys

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: CaptainBeno

He knows his end is near. Dead men don't consume Elemental cheese, and wash it down with cognac!
They just take dirt naps, and push up daisys

And said he would cancel nukes and missiles for SK USA joint drills to stop.

So ya. He's getting nervous.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Oh yeah.........Cos he's so believable and everything!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If I was South Korea, I sure wouldn't trust Kim. He will try to take over the south and then the rest of the world will have sanctions against South Korea too. I bet the leader of South Korea will not live very long if they get into an agreement with Kim. Kim will then try to take over and we will be dragged into a war in South Korea again, with lots of South Korean casualties.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
He, s buying time with this. Never believe his fairytales. Or something he, s planning on the games? This man is sh*tty from the beginning.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

open for negotiations?

Bruce Willis , the great negotiator :
"Now ,any one else want to negotiate?"

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
wow, deja vue this reminds me of hitler and Neville chamberlain working out a deal to cede Czechoslovakia to the Nazis to guarantee "peace for our time"
does anybody remember history or even learn from it anymore?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Isnt this pretty much following daddies playbook for dealing with the west, push till you think war is inevitable then extend a weak olive branch that will keep them back but allow him to continue?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ni91ck

of course he is buying time , to perfect his ICBM`s so that they don`t self destruct upon re-entry,if lil kim had ICBM nuclear capabilities he would`nt be talking and negotiating anything.

edit on 3-1-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
a reply to: Reverbs

Oh yeah.........Cos he's so believable and everything!

Of course he's not believable, but he is scared.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
a reply to: ni91ck

of course he is buying time , to perfect his ICBM`s so that they don`t self destruct upon re-entry,if lil kim had ICBM nuclear capabilities he would`nt be talking and negotiating anything.

And once he does that, then what?

You see he's scared because USA and South Korea train every year to send in spec ops to kill him and take out the power structure.

Him having nukes will not stop that if it's given the go ahead.

The whole thing used to seem like bargaining chips for money from the us. Now it's gone to the reverse effect of basically being blockaded.

Nukes are defensive weapons so that enemies can't invade you, you will nuke their capital.

The rockets of course take time to fuel on the launch pad.

In that case you need submarine launched nukes..
And that's one of the bluffs. OR is it?

But yea they perfect nuclear icbm's then what?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If I was South Korea, I sure wouldn't trust Kim. He will try to take over the south and then the rest of the world will have sanctions against South Korea too. I bet the leader of South Korea will not live very long if they get into an agreement with Kim. Kim will then try to take over and we will be dragged into a war in South Korea again, with lots of South Korean casualties.

Isn't it likely that if Kim wanted war with South Korea, he wouldn't need to do it in a sneaky/back-door way?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Isnt this pretty much following daddies playbook for dealing with the west, push till you think war is inevitable then extend a weak olive branch that will keep them back but allow him to continue?

I want President Trump to shove that Olive Branch up Kimmy's azz, in the form of a precision cruise missile. Tonight would be as good a time as any.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I want President Trump to shove that Olive Branch up Kimmy's azz, in the form of a precision cruise missile. Tonight would be as good a time as any.

Supposing you get what you want?
Do you think his replacement will be any better? Maybe you've forgotten every other country who tossed their leader or ones we helped toss their dictator? It usually ends up in worse corruption and economic chaos for the general population.

Plus it usually costs us millions.

Kim seems to be in the middle of a "image reboot" swapping the military style suits of his Fathers generation for business suits with ties. It's possible he's getting better advice on how to engage other countries? Maybe it's another game, maybe not. Doesn't matter since Russia, China AND the US have the capability to swat him like a bug.

We have nothing to lose by taking a wait an see attitude.
Plus "history"
The US backed France's colonialism an we ended up in the Korean War, things started to settle down an we provoked them AGAIN an lost the Spy ship Pueblo. NK apparently doesn't forget or forgive and we're seeing the results of it with Fat Boy Kim.

It's a very crappy situation but the US isn't blameless in this. Neither is France or Japan or China or Russia.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This is a typical North Korean tactic. They know we're getting close to utilizing a military option, so they try to look like they might be interested in peace talks. It's a stall tactic. They will drag it on until they finish their nuclear program, and the talks will go nowhere. North Korea is like that ex that swears they've changed but they still wind up screwing you over and over. Don't be duped.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Am I alone in thinking this lunatic would love to get his hands on some of the world's Olympians?

Not entirely sure what kind of bargaining chip it would be, but if he was able to infect them with a virus or pathogen before "releasing" them- it could be get interesting.

Hopefully it's just my grim imagination at work, but I don't want to see a super plague delivered to every corner of the world at once.

Side note: What damn genius keeps setting the Olympics in countries that seem to have major issues anyway?
edit on 3-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits
Side note: What damn genius keeps setting the Olympics in countries that seem to have major issues anyway?

The same idealist loons who still think the UN is doing good work. It makes them feel progressive and inclusive to let disasters like Russia and Brazil host the games. In all fairness, South Korea is actually in pretty good shape compared to them, they will host a world class Olympics. The only issue with them is their proximity with North Korea, which is a big issue indeed.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Isn't Kim Jong their greatest athlete in every sport? So is he going to compete in all events as the sole entry for North Korea?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join