It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump: The Most Dishonest & Corrupt Media Awards of the Year on Monday at 5:00 o'clock

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Prove it.

Otherwise, it's just nonsense.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Imhere

God this guy is an embarrassment and not at all presidential. He is so pathetic.

I'm sure Fox News and Breitbart will receive high honors from him because they kiss his ass.

I love seeing you triggered like this. Every morning I wake up to knowing that all the smug liberals who laughed, berated and beat on Trump supporters have to deal with him for the next 7 years. Life is glorious!!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
Anyone can fact check, trumps twitter feed and find Lie, after lie. Of coarse his followers wont do that.

PUH-LEEZZE! Were you asleep for the past eight years? Obama is the most proven liar in history for a President. He intentionally set out to deceive the American people on a level never before seen. Nothing Trump has said or done compares to the lies of Obama.

Obama lied to the people so many times everyone lost count, he ripped up the constitution he vowed to uphold and protect while Trump did in one week what Obama couldn't do in 8 years of lies and corruption .

We need to wake up and stop believing what people SAY, and start judging them by their ACTIONS. It's time we stop believing everything we are told by the MSM and start thinking for ourselves.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Is he going to start with his own press secretary? Oh wait. That's him.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Straight out of Putin's playbook.

Yup.

Nazi/Soviet propaganda techniques: put out so much fake # that it sows seeds of doubt and chaos in our fundamental and most highly held institutions, creating confusion, a distrust, and doubting of everything. A war on reality.

That's what's happening.

edit on 3-1-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

The thing is, distrust in media and government is not only something that has grown slowly...its predicted by Strauss Howe theory.

To manipulate that wouldn't be difficult, but lets be honest: the real issue arises from 90% of US media being controlled by 6 gatekeepers of information. With there being considerable interaction between said gatekeepers and US intelligence, i struggle to find any reason to lend credibility to media.

Ill admit that this lens is what i view the current state of affairs through. You can blame Shroedingers Dog for that (it was 7 gatekeepers when he first wrote his piece on that....), but i've had issue with media since at least the mid 2000's.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I'd like to add: it doesn't just come from one side of the spectrum either. The "Trump lies" meme is not much different, and looks to derive from US officials instead of Russian.

Sure, Trump lies. But lets be honest: using embellishment, sarcasm, and hyperbole isn't a lie. This morning my son told me a lie when he said "Everyone knows who Katy Perry is". Because im certain we can find someone who doesn't.

That is what 99% of the "Trump lies" meme amounts to. Its dishonest (at least as dishonest as Trump) and creates the same disarray you mention. And you don't even need Russians to do it...you just need US officials who are interested in divide and conquer.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

I would.

It'd be a thumb in his eye. Accept it, then mock him...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I've stated a few times I don't necessarily like the consolidation of the media into a few corporate powerhouses (for obvious reasons), even though they are the gatekeepers. While information is definitely filtered to a large degree, the information is mostly accurate; the propaganda campaign I mentioned above seeks to sow doubt in all information, especially that which is truthful, as well as our Democratic institution.

That's why it's dangerous: it leaves a void that is then filled by propaganda for control.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

looks to derive from US officials instead of Russian. [...] And you don't even need Russians to do it

That's kind of my point.

I'd like to add: I'm not saying Russia is solely responsible, although they have done some, which is a fact. The point is the propaganda techniques being used to sow doubt, in part by saying all X brand news is fake and not to be believed, which is patently untrue. That's part of the technique. And it is dangerous.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Orwell warned us to not confuse "facts" with "truth".

While many facts reported by the news are accurate (not always...its a well known ploy to print knowingly false info and then bury the retraction the next day), it doesn't mean they are representing truth. For example, failing to report on other facts that may apply context. Or using time of day, or page placement, to bury news while still claiming to be reporting it.

Add to this the tendency for journalists to op ed their own works (this is primarily the high volume folks that everyone knows), along with the tendency for journalists to simply publish press releases handed to them....

I don't disagree with what you are saying. Im only stating that the media has castrated itself. If it turns out to be provable that the Fusion GPS dossier was run as "news" when it was actually paid for as advertising....you can stick a fork in American media.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The only answer is returning to the core American value of "Caveat emptor". Its better to assume its all questionable, and go from there.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The facts are the best representation of truth. Undermining facts is one of those techniques, as well.

Yes, placement of material is key; just like headlines. Headlines are meant to grab attention, but they don't tell the whole story. Sadly, many people rarely read past the headline or the first or second paragraph.

Of course, OP eds aren't "news" per se, just like most pundits aren't actual journalists but talking heads. That's the problem I have with 24.7 media, and why I don't watch it (which I've stated before over the years).

I don't think the media has castrated itself.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The only answer is returning to the core American value of "Caveat emptor". Its better to assume its all questionable, and go from there.

Questioning everything is different from not believing everything. Therein lies (another) problem.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

What a schmuck. Trump is such a piece of fecal matter.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: visitedbythem

Who would have figured there is brown gravy in the States - I was once served biscuits with white gravy when on hoilidays in the States. Just the smell made me nauseous. Could never figure out why they call that concoction a biscuit. Wiki says they are similar to scones.

Why not call it bread buns.

Don't get me started on that glass cutting strip of throat choking charred over salted "food" they try to pass of as bacon.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Wonder why he feels the need to state the obvious?

To deflect attention away from himself.

It's a standard defense tactic.

Get the public to concentrate and focus on the other guys criminal behavior, and they'll avoid digging too deep into your own.

No not really. He's slowly dismantling the deep state controlled media funded by the Clintons and Soros. Don't worry, in a year this will all be over for the liberals. If you think Obama was a godsend for liberals, TRUMP is 100X a godsend for us conservatives. He's already taken down pretty much every single thing Obama did. IN A YEAR! 7 more years left of Trump. After he dismantles the fake new media of CNN, which will be soon, he'll be on to the next one, and so on.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Since he Tweets all the time, he should give himself the award

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Talking bad about biscuits and gravy is fightin' words!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simon_Boudreaux

Talking bad about biscuits and gravy is fightin' words!

A lot of the biscuits and gravy at restaurants is not good at all. Thats why grandpa makes his own. For peas and gravy, we use the mix from the UK. Grandpa has special foods and ingredients from all over the world. His sister just brought the Marrowfat peas from Scotland for him, but lets stay on topic
edit on 3-1-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join