It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President tweets he has a bigger more powerful nuclear button

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Millions of children die every year from starvation...but yoga will save the world!

Careful, yoga pants can be a very deadly weapon.

Well...roughly an 1 and a 1/2 of NoKo's population dies every year from starvation...35 million people.

lol, so how do they manage to replenish their population every year?

They must be breeding like rabbits over there...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Hopefully, NK and SK will be able to work this out between themselves in an upcoming meeting, which will most surely include compromise and diplomacy before the Olympic Games. Which of course bypasses and omits the U.S. since the world is coming to see that bypassing and omitting the U.S. is for the best these days.

I agree, and so hope and pray they can work something out.

And if they do, it will be due to the threat of a U.S. involvement.

Sometimes you gotta push two fighting sides to the table with a big stick.

See, I think it will be despite Trump's involvement. They know somebody's got to do something, or a lot of people are going to die in their country's. I think they've figured out Trump is not the answer, and they must work it out on their own. WHICH THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING ALL ALONG, I might add.

But who knows? I don't. I don't know I don't know I don't know. I just want all this mess to be over.

Well, using the methods of the previous POTUS only emboldened and enriched NoKo now didn't it? So, the logical thing to do is not use the same failing tactic again. That is something many left-leaning liberal minded folks fail to grasp it seems.

Ignoring a wasp only works for so long. Eventually you need to swat it, and then destroy its nest if it retaliates. Thing is, humans are not wasps....they can reason that there is an overwhelming force ahead, and can choose to change their course.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: bluechevytree
a reply to: Swills

yep, people die in wars but that`s not a good enough reason to not fight a war.

if the UK and America thought the way you do,there would never have been a second world war and ALL of Europe would belong to the Nazi`s now.

How did we ever survive the cold war then? Cools Heads Prevailed.
It seems there are many itching to start a nuclear war.
God will destroy those who destroy the earth.

We got through the cold war by then president Reagan challenging the U.S.S.R. to an arms race (which really was a competition of industrial might). All the while talking and negotiating the peaceful reduction of nuclear arms. This forced the U.S.S.R. to go bankrupt trying to keep up with the U.S.A.

See, you cannot talk real peace without the threat of a counter strike. Otherwise, the other side will never respect the negotiations. That is proven over and over by history.

Knowledge is power....history is knowledge.

The reason we were able to Bankrupt them, we were told at the time, was because they were filthy Communists and Capitalism beat them.
The real reason was because we had the Petro Dollar and the world was our piggy bank, so we could print at will and float the inflation.

If it had ever been about Communism, we would have never got in bed with China to have their slave labor make our widgets.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

doesn`t matter where it`s at, nobody ever got what they wanted by appeasement, but a show of force to back up your words has been known to get what you want.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
a reply to: Swills

yep, people die in wars but that`s not a good enough reason to not fight a war.

if the UK and America thought the way you do,there would never have been a second world war and ALL of Europe would belong to the Nazi`s now.

How did we ever survive the cold war then? Cools Heads Prevailed.
It seems there are many itching to start a nuclear war.
God will destroy those who destroy the earth.

We got through the cold war by then president Reagan challenging the U.S.S.R. to an arms race (which really was a competition of industrial might). All the while talking and negotiating the peaceful reduction of nuclear arms. This forced the U.S.S.R. to go bankrupt trying to keep up with the U.S.A.

See, you cannot talk real peace without the threat of a counter strike. Otherwise, the other side will never respect the negotiations. That is proven over and over by history.

Knowledge is power....history is knowledge.

The reason we were able to Bankrupt them, we were told at the time, was because they were filthy Communists and Capitalism beat them.
The real reason was because we had the Petro Dollar and the world was our piggy bank, so we could print at will and float the inflation.

If it had ever been about Communism, we would have never got in bed with China to have their slave labor make our widgets.

Please show me where I mentioned anything about political philosophy/ideology as the reason. It was pure industrial and economic strength....period. We bankrupted them from a position of strength.

edit on 1/2/2018 by Krakatoa because: spelling and clarification

(post by Vasa Croe removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Millions of children die every year from starvation...but yoga will save the world!

Careful, yoga pants can be a very deadly weapon.

Well...roughly an 1 and a 1/2 of NoKo's population dies every year from starvation...35 million people.

lol, so how do they manage to replenish their population every year?

They must be breeding like rabbits over there...

Syria population went from 4 million in 1960 to 20 million in 2010. 5 fold increase over 5 decades.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It's similar here in the US....If you believe that Hillary won the popular vote then rally them all and take it over.

The simple minded just follow without critically thinking this all through. The big picture is the key.

What most can't do is see the world outside their own. I see it everyday in my business...people with no vision....only what they immediately see and are told.

It is sad.

If you had vision then you would also see partisan politics is all a charade to get us at each others throats while the Globalists carry on as they have been for the last 30 years. Not one thing has changed with our foreign or domestic economic and military policies in the last 30 years and that is how the globalists like it.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mockingmay
*Sigh* I'm not anti-trump. I stand by what I said. Definitely a very childish and stupid thing to tweet and as our president I expect better.

President? He's not a President. It will piss people off to see that, but it should make them happy. They didn't want a President, or they wouldn't have voted for Donald Trump. That's the way it works. They didn't want one and they didn't get one.

They got Donald Trump instead.

What are thoughts about people saying “not my president not my president not my president!”

He’s very much your President if you live in USA.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

I can see that happening, yes.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

originally posted by: mockingmay
*Sigh* I'm not anti-trump. I stand by what I said. Definitely a very childish and stupid thing to tweet and as our president I expect better.

President? He's not a President. It will piss people off to see that, but it should make them happy. They didn't want a President, or they wouldn't have voted for Donald Trump. That's the way it works. They didn't want one and they didn't get one.

They got Donald Trump instead.

What are thoughts about people saying “not my president not my president not my president!”

He’s very much your President if you live in USA.

Nyet.

edit on 1/2/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
how do you negotiate with someone who is constantly threatening to kill you?
someone who allows his own people to starve to death?
someone who carries out public firing squads using anti aircraft guns to execute the accused?
someone who executes his own family members by feeding them alive to wild dogs?

do you really think he has any interest in negotiating how he can help keep you alive?

all those rumors of concentration camps in Germany were just rumors until the war started and the camps were found, so don`t try to say all the stories about lil kim are just rumors.
edit on 2-1-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

I believe that's what we now call a terrorist.

Constant threats to kill you
Starving your people to death
Carrying out public firing squad units
Executing family members and feeding them to wild dogs

Yep, definately terrorist behaviourism. Now try telling that to the lefties.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
I love when alpha male Trump triggers the betas.

All of the world can see how well Bata Obama’s strongly written letter worked with North Korea.

I love when betas fawn over "alphas" on Internet forums.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

It was pure industrial and economic strength....period. We bankrupted them from a position of strength.

With other peoples money though.
Imagine if the Soviet Union had the world as their piggy bank.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The biggest button of them all.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Community Announcement re: Decorum
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join