It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OmiseGo, UnBank the Banked with Ethereum.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Omise has been around since 2013. This is not a new company, but rather one with history, core investors (20 million in series A and B prior to their latest crowdsale) and a completely serious established operation and team (70+!). They have offices in Thailand, Japan, Indonesia and Singapore. The company provides a payment management system for businesses to accept payments through their mobile application or online store. They work with AliPay as well for example. They have the PCI DSS 3.2 (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) already in place since November last year.

Omise has just recently acquired one of the three largest payment service providers in Thailand, Paysbuy , a licensed by the Bank of Thailand operator of e-money business, and accredited with Trustmark (DBD Verified) by the Ministry of Commerce. This provides a very well established source of active users.

OmiseGO is their blockchain project : "a public Ethereum-based financial technology for use in mainstream digital wallets, that enables real-time, peer-to-peer value exchange and payment services agnostically across jurisdictions and organizational silos, and across both fiat money and decentralized currencies.” . Which to me means that they are taking all that is great in the blockchain technology, and integrating it with their offering, creating a new advanced Omise service.

Other than the lead team working on OmiseGo, the following are all officially advising the project: Vitalik Buterin (ETH lead ) , Dr. Gavin Wood (ETH and Parity lead) , Vlad Zamfir (Casper/ETH lead), Joseph Poon (Lightning Net lead) and Roger Ver of bitcoin.com as well as many others, including a professor of Quantitative Finance. Not aware of any other BC project that has such a list of advisors of this caliber.

Jun Hasegawa, Omise’s CEO, revealed just recently that McDonald’s Thailand (over 240 locations), will be using OmiseGo’s payment channel. A big Press release regarding this news has not been released, and is expected super soon! Also quoting Jun “we're launching OmiseGO to support Omise Payments and all existing stakeholders, including our existing and future merchants, such as McDonald's in other countries in Asia - McDonald's Thailand is just the start. Through OmiseGO, all Omise merchants will be able to seamlessly accept payments in multiple currencies, including ETH or BTC or other cryptos, without needing to know what their client is paying in. And any other payment gateways, including Omise's biggest competitors, as well as global giants like Stripe or Cybersource, will benefit from using OmiseGO/OMG, and are welcome, no partnership or permission needed. The OMG chain will be an entirely public and permissionless network, connected to Ethereum.”

Other than investing in OmiseGo business through their OMG token for all the reasons I detailed here, holders of OMG will also generate an extra income, and quoting Jun : “OMG is a token that secures a public permissionless POS network, whose primary use case is to host a decentralised exchange for digital fiat and crypto alike. It is backed by significant mainstream financial firms in Asia who will use it as the backend for existing digital wallets - think Venmo, Google Wallet, WeChat Pay (examples of digital wallets only) - and for hosting digital fiat tokens for their existing merchant payment network. OMG holders can use OMG to validate the network. If they validate a block correctly, they get paid the tx fees from that block (but if they validate incorrectly, they get punished). Like mining but without the need for hardware.

//

These are the main reasons why I have invested in Omise and why I feel it is a great opportunity right now with super great timing.

Omise main: www.omise.co... OmiseGo main: omg.omise.co... Subreddit: www.reddit.com... Slack: omgslack.omise.co...

edit on 2-1-2018 by TheGOAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This is one crypto i am really looking forward too. I think it will do some amazing things from what i've heard.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Nope no and no way.

They are trying to be PayPal which is a scam in itself.

I run a business and these 3rd party merchant services that take and front $ are complete S***.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

accept it is decentralized on an open ledger. I'm willing to bet it isn't a scam.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGOAT

I've damn near tripled my money with Tron in the last 3 days and now I'm putting all of that into Verge.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
Nope no and no way.

They are trying to be PayPal which is a scam in itself.

I run a business and these 3rd party merchant services that take and front $ are complete S***.

I suggest you go and look at the project again before you compare it to PayPal. This is nothing like PayPal. This is a decentralized exchange which can turn any form of currency or reward point into any other form of currency or reward point in a fraction of a second. The fees will be next to nothing and the owners of the tokens will get staking rewards for using their tokens to validate transactions on the network.

This has won Best Startup of the Year for 2018 by Forbes Japan and many other rewards.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
This is one crypto i am really looking forward too. I think it will do some amazing things from what i've heard.

It's going to be one of the biggest projects blockchain has every seen once it's launched and fully operational come Q4 2018.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I've damn near tripled my money with Tron in the last 3 days and now I'm putting all of that into Verge.

I have TRON as well. It is a nice coin and very inexpensive for someone who does not want to invest a lot of money. It will continue to grow. You should check out PO.ET, CVC, KIN and REQ as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Wow lots of crypto related discussions going now every where. Congrats to anyone who got in on this early ! You most likely did very well and it's not part of my portfolio but if it corrects I might just add a position in omg.
Currently I'm tossing a few dollars into digital coin (dgc) because the dev team announced they're back on the project and in the summer it was over 25 cents for a bit with 1/30th of the market cap.
Nolimit2 coin is also one of my favorite cheap coins and has a working platform for fantasy sports.
Omg has huge potential too. Great times to be in cryptocurrency!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I'm big on tron too and am just going to hold mine for a year or so.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Time to get in now fellas, before the boat leaves in a few weeks.

Here are a few articles and videos

Interview with Mahbod Moghdam(Co-Founder of Everipedia)
www.youtube.com...

OmiseGO Transaction Speed
www.reddit.com...

Speed Compared to Others
howmuch.net...

OmiseGo: Unbanking the Banked with Ethereum Gamification
briandcolwell.com...

REDDIT
www.reddit.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
OmiseGO mentioned in article about Starbucks!

www.ccn.com...

Last week, $9 billion payments company Stripe reaffirmed its optimism towards cryptocurrencies launched on top of Ethereum that are optimized to handle payments for retailers, like OmiseGo. The Stripe team stated: “OmiseGO is an ambitious and clever proposal; more broadly, Ethereum continues to spawn many high-potential projects. We may add support for Stellar (to which we provided seed funding) if substantive use continues to grow.” Last year, OmiseGo secured a partnership with McDonald’s Thailand, to process payments for the McDonald’s online delivery platform. Although many cryptocurrencies in the market are being used for payments, Schultz reaffirmed that he does not see bitcoin becoming adopted as a currency in the future.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
PanteraCapital + @omise_go
twitter.com...

Could be OMG, Perfect Fit
brandinside.asia...

Something huge may be dropping on the 30th
January 30th Rumor
edit on 29-1-2018 by TheGOAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ethereum is about the only major crytpo that so far, is weathering all this recent dive somewhat.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Ethereum is about the only major crytpo that so far, is weathering all this recent dive somewhat.

And Vitalik is huge in OMG as an advisor. He even said OMG will be the next Ethereum.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Been looking over OMG, and definitely interesting. Looking to get some of this and some Binance coin as well.

new topics

top topics

join