It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanities problems with Folk that differ GENETICALLY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Which group of people is routinely detected and eliminated before birth, with one country (Iceland) boasting that it has “eradicated” Downs Syndrome. Im sorry but this is the wrong way to look at Downs. What chance do you have with others who are a bit "Genetically" different, and as a Race you are thinking of colonizing other planets and meeting other Life! F""k Off..
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'll never understand why some people think it's somehow good to promote severe disabilities and mental retardation.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I'll never understand why some people think it's somehow good to promote severe disabilities and mental retardation.

I dont think anyone is promoting serious medical conditions here
They are pointing out that killing people with a medical condition is not humam

I guess a person would have to have human feelings to understand that

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

edit on 2-1-2018 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

Has anyone in history ever hoped their kid has Down syndrome????

No..

Why?? Because it is a birth defect that we want to remove from the gene pool....

Of course I’m not saying that means we should kill Down syndrome children or anything crazy, but obviously it is a flaw we want as little of in our children as possible..

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Yes, it is a moral and ethical dilemma.

One the one hand, it is a life; on the other, no one really expects or is prepared to give birth to a child...that will always be a child.

That becomes an even greater responsibility and sacrifice.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

The very definition of genocide.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Then why does pretty much every civilization do their best to stop people with Down syndrome from procreating???

Is that genocide too?

No.. we don’t think they have the mentality to actually consent..

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Then why does pretty much every civilization do their best to stop people with Down syndrome from procreating???

Is that genocide too?

No.. we don’t think they have the mentality to actually consent..

It is still genocide if you attempt to wipe out a particular genetic expression.

I wasn't making a point regarding it's ethics (which I regard as dubious).

However...

A broad gene-base (even if some may maintain prejudice against its existence) is advantageous for the survival of our species.

I have known several people with Down's Syndrome. Without fail I have found them beautiful, generally positive and playful, despite, or perhaps in spite of, their struggles.

While I understand the issues of parenting those affected and living with disabilities, I feel that removing such people from existence is both ignorant and horrific.

edit on 2/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

But does that beauty come from the Down syndrome gene???

Isn’t it possible, if not likely even that they would be even more beautiful people without that mistake??

Because if it is “in spite of” then it is a total negative trait..

I had an ER doctor tell me nature could have eradicated adrenal failure (kidney failure from sever diabetes) because without a lot of care they never survive to reproduce and pass those genes on..

And his daughter was a sever diabetic.. that was just his cold analysis..

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

A healthy and diverse genetic pool aids for sure..

An unhealthy but diverse pool less so.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
But does that beauty come from the Down syndrome gene???

I have no idea, but they generally seem to have a positive general outlook different from the norm.

Also, if prejudicial attitude issues were removed, how great a disability is it, actually? Mental peak ability is only slightly less than normal and is similar to normal children. Development is slowed but many Down Syndrome people complete school and even attend universities.

Isn’t it possible, if not likely even that they would be even more beautiful people without that mistake??

Because if it is “in spite of” then it is a total negative trait.

If,if, if...

Surely that is a value judgement and one we shouldn't arbitrarily base upon prejudice.

Consider that many of the greatest thinkers in the world have suffered from mental conditions such as chronic depression and Asperger Syndrome. Should we remove those conditions because we can? What is the consequence for the human race if such 'goading' motivators are removed?

I had an ER doctor tell me nature could have eradicated adrenal failure (kidney failure from sever diabetes) because without a lot of care they never survive to reproduce and pass those genes on..

And his daughter was a sever diabetic.. that was just his cold analysis..

Was the doctor's surname Mengele?

He strongly argued about the 'removal' of defective genes.

Those with Downs Syndrome are people and they are actually not too much different than the average human being. The 'disability' is mild.

We cannot prevent the near random duplication of Chromosome 21. It is 'treated' by killing fetuses. This is not preventative medicine.

It IS genocide.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DpatC
Which group of people is routinely detected and eliminated before birth

It's worse than that, some people don't even get "born" because moma and papa refuse to date and sleep with each other, preventing a greater genetic diversity from emerging in the human population.

In the future, there will be laws that force people of different genetic background ancestry to mate and produce new offspring, so that the human race won't die out from all the inbreeding that is going on.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH
Um..... no lol...

Genetically, like second cousins is diverse enough, we have more than enough people to do better than that, lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Humanity indeed defined by how it deals with aberrations in our physical manifestation, incl dna

ie should like downs syndrome, Rh+ fetuses in Rh- wombs be a thing of the past too?

not likely, cuz the resultant prenatal hemolytical anemia means big $$$ to pharma.

i'd propose down syndrome is rarely medicated nor operated thus pharma has no need for its proliferation thus is eliminating it.

on same note, theres no mainstream cure for cancer as it's way more profitable treated than eliminated from genomes

even if we dont smoke we're increasingly bombarded with carcinogens in DU'd and FUKU'd air and possibly chemtrails too that if anything, increase genetic aberrations for generations to come...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Boils down to do you feel its right to determine who has the right to label them a mistake?

As mentioned the people I have met with Downs were far better people (or more human with more empathy) than me, yet some would say they should not exist or they were a genetic mistake and I would be given a pass.

I do not feel we have the right to make that decision.

I freely admit faced with a downs baby I may change my opinion, but unless I am in that position ill never know for cetain.

ETA: if it seems like that was a little all over the place I just flew from teh states back to germany so jet lagged.

edit on 3-1-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

someone mentioned procreating so thought I would throw this out.....if a man and a woman with downs had a baby together the baby would not automatically have down syndrome the odds are fifty fifty.....and women with down syndrome only 15 to 30 per cent are fertile the men are usually thought to be sterile but there are 2 cases where down sydrome men fathered children

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have no problem with human breeding programs or DNA changing to create people who are healthy and attractive. The body is only a biological tool that our consciousness uses for this ride.

Down syndrome people are normally more open with what they are and that is a good thing. But they will have a hard time experiencing the beauty of higher logical awareness. The zone of knowing. Empath abilities are opened to them.

If we wanted to experience being close to the perfect body for human we want a body that has:
1. Higher logical awareness. Start of PSI awareness where information can be tracked by the consciousness.
2. Emapth abilities. Connecting and disconnection to other beings to know what they feel.
3. A body that is attractive to others and do not need much maintenance to heal itself with high metabolism.

Not giving a soul the potential to grow on all levels is being a bad caretaker and will cause that soul suffering.
edit on 3-1-2018 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

“Better” than you, but cannot take care of themselves.. can’t ponder deep philosophical arguments, or complete intricate designs....

Only if you consider “have too low level of an understanding to process the negative realities of the world”....

If someone is ever in a bad spot, they call you, not someone with Down’s syndrome...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

No he just pointed out a evolutionary fact..

The cold hard truth..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join