It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Takes Credit for 2017 Being Commercial Aviation’s Safest Year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The President tweeted this earlier today?
"Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!"
9:13 AM - Jan 2, 2018

As a commercial pilot and accident investigator I have a few problems with his claim. First, the report that apparently led to the tweet was talking about worldwide airline safety. So maybe he colluded with Putin and all other world leaders to stop accidents. Next, if he was talking about the US, there has not been a fatal passenger jet airline accident since Obama took office, so is he continuing a successful Obama policy?

But, wait, by saying that he was strict on aviation, is he saying he imposed MORE regulations, and that made an industry safer? Sounds like it.

I wonder if Trump was a rooster, would he take credit for the sun rising?

Source: thehill.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

OK, I'll take it that any aircraft incident in future will be direct evidence of Trump's personal administrative failure.

... as I do with the rise in crime rate in general and specifically addiction to opiates, especially in the US.

Apparently, also, the world didn't end, but that was entirely due to myself, Trump was only very peripherally involved - he carried the glass of water.

edit on 2/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
People want him to be responsible for everything else (real or imagined). Good for him for taking responsibility for something positive.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

trump is actually pretty into aviation. but i think it's modern aircraft design keeping people safe

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Yeah.

Uh, no.

Nice try, Donald, but still.

No.

Just no.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
How could any aircraft possible crash over the last year.

American politics have pumped enough hot air in to the atmosphere to keep them flying crash free 4 eva.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I disagree with Trump. I flew 8 times this past year, obviously it's because of me.

Hold the applause, please.

(post by olaru12 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I see, he thinks he kept the planes in the air because of all the hot air he blows out his ass.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy
The President tweeted this earlier today?
"Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!"
9:13 AM - Jan 2, 2018

As a commercial pilot and accident investigator I have a few problems with his claim. First, the report that apparently led to the tweet was talking about worldwide airline safety. So maybe he colluded with Putin and all other world leaders to stop accidents. Next, if he was talking about the US, there has not been a fatal passenger jet airline accident since Obama took office, so is he continuing a successful Obama policy?

But, wait, by saying that he was strict on aviation, is he saying he imposed MORE regulations, and that made an industry safer? Sounds like it.

I wonder if Trump was a rooster, would he take credit for the sun rising?

Source: thehill.com...

How about we discuss the facts that we all know.

O death's occurred in commercial aviation. Donald Trump is President.

Claim. Trump had nothing to do with.

Fact. Happened under his watch while in his first year as President.

When you are in charge of running a country that would seem to be a great thing to happen under your watch. To that I say Thank you President Trump! Whether he had anything to do with it or not, that is a great thing to have happen none the less.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
People want him to be responsible for everything else (real or imagined). Good for him for taking responsibility for something positive.

Wouldn't it be better if he took responsibility for something in which he actually participated, rather that stealing it from the thousands of flight crews, air traffic controllers, aircraft and systems designers who actually played a role in the achievement.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

trump is actually pretty into aviation. but i think it's modern aircraft design keeping people safe

And if Trump gets his way with aviation we will be truly moving into the 21st century.

www.wired.com...

The Trump administration wants to make the whole process less fussy. The newly created Unmanned Aircraft System Integration Pilot Program will ask state, local, and tribal authorities for their input on how to craft rules for drones that please everyone—city authorities, park officials, professional drone pilots, private citizens, all the stakeholders who want a say in what happens in, or over, their backyards.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Another delusional lie under Trumps belt

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Here's one fact that everyone should know. Trump hasn't bothered to name a new head of the FAA to replace Mike Huerta, who leaves next Sunday. He has famously claimed that the FAA is "out of whack."

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Nothing incorrect about his statement. On another note, I didn't hit a deer with my car in 2017. Thanks Mr. President!

edit on 1-2-2018 by LogicalGraphitti because: spelling

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

Here's one fact that everyone should know. Trump hasn't bothered to name a new head of the FAA to replace Mike Huerta, who leaves next Sunday. He has famously claimed that the FAA is "out of whack."

Well at least with President Trump you know something will be done about it. If anything, he run's a tight ship.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Despite not having made any legislation regarding aviation at all. Yes he would take credit for the sunrise and as far as I can tell trump is a rooster. Always crowing about himself. Always strutting. Remember when he pushed that guy out of his way at the G20 summit last spring?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

He'll probably take credit for all the U.S. gold medals we win in the coming Olympics too.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

He didn't take responsibility...he took the credit. Big difference.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Nope. He did nothing. He didn't sign any legislation regarding aviation or rules of regulations. Nothing.
On the other hand there have been three military vessel crashes this year. I guess trumps not responsible for that because that's a bad thing that happened under his watch.
No meteors fell out of the sky on america. Can he take credit for that?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join