It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago has at least 3 homicides already in 2018

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I consider Chicago my home, I moved away a decade ago and haven't looked back.
It's sad to see the shape all of Illinois is in, but we all know this is not something new. This is at least three
generations worth of mistakes. Crime is so bad but people are just apathetic. Everyone is so worked and taxed to death there isn't
any room in their head for all the crime that is encompassing the whole state. In the last few years the crime is starting to bleed into the
"richer" neighborhoods. It will be interesting to see what transpires from here on.

I have a few friends and family that didn't move in time, and now they are all stuck there with worthless houses paying a fortune for property taxes.
For example, just do a little zillow search on a house in Lake county. What you'll find is 200K houses with taxes in the range of 7K-13K. Yes, many people are paying a mortgage payment in taxes. There are only two ways to pay those taxes, work more, or turn to crime.

I used to at least go back and visit, but that has even come to a halt, the crime, the toll cost, the taxes, the fees for soda, for bags, the outrageous parking, the extra hotel fees, it's just not worth it.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If crime pays better than hard work then maybe the CEOs need to pay better wages.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

If crime pays better than hard work then maybe the CEOs need to pay better wages.

Yes, it's their fault, the CEO's, the WHITE CEO's.

Well, we got that all sorted out.
edit on 2-1-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
The only real solution is to take places like the lower West Side and Humboldt Park, seal them off for military operation and relocate the populations in those non US jurisdictions to other parts of the country. Lock up all the gang affiliated members and prevent them from ever clustering together again.

Essentially, apply the Falluja model to specific neighborhoods in places like Chiraq and Baltimore City and register everybody moving back in. Otherwise they will continue to remain criminal safe havens in violation of American sovereignty.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I consider Chicago my home, I moved away a decade ago and haven't looked back.
It's sad to see the shape all of Illinois is in, but we all know this is not something new. This is at least three
generations worth of mistakes. Crime is so bad but people are just apathetic. Everyone is so worked and taxed to death there isn't
any room in their head for all the crime that is encompassing the whole state. In the last few years the crime is starting to bleed into the
"richer" neighborhoods. It will be interesting to see what transpires from here on.

I have a few friends and family that didn't move in time, and now they are all stuck there with worthless houses paying a fortune for property taxes.
For example, just do a little zillow search on a house in Lake county. What you'll find is 200K houses with taxes in the range of 7K-13K. Yes, many people are paying a mortgage payment in taxes. There are only two ways to pay those taxes, work more, or turn to crime.

I used to at least go back and visit, but that has even come to a halt, the crime, the toll cost, the taxes, the fees for soda, for bags, the outrageous parking, the extra hotel fees, it's just not worth it.

www.foxnews.com...

Chicago is booming. Tons of high paying jobs. Crime in Chicago is concentrated on the west and south sides which for the most part are not places anyone goes unless you are a hoodrat or dope fiend. These areas are literally like 7-10 miles outside of downtown Chicago (or the areas think about when you mention Chicago).

Chicago has practically a zero murder rate when you factor in that 90% of the murders are young black males (and hispanic) involved in gangs. On a per capita basis, Chicago isn't even that violent compared to some much smaller cities like Baltimore, Baton Rouge, St. Louis, etc. We just have a lot of sheer numbers because the city is so large.

Lake county has high property taxes because the public schools are good.

This is not to say that Chicago doesn't have any issues, but the entire Chicago crime meme is overblown.

The only people moving out of Chicago really are the lower income folks. All the jobs are skewed towards the highly educated, but that market is booming.

What's Behind Chicago's Booming Downtown Jobs?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I agree that will help the crime, but there is more. There is this mindset in Illinois. It is so hard to explain and I didn't really see it until I lived elsewhere for a few years. People are numb there. Until that numbness is gone real change won't happen.

Btw. if you lock up all the gang affiliated members half the state will be gone.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Only the UN can help them now!

www.chicagotribune.com...

"Genocide"... SMH...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Every single person I know that moved out were highly educated, high income earners. They were the ones that had the money or job skills to do it. Poor people often can't move which is why a lot of them are in a catch 22

Millionaires are leaving Chicago more than any other city in the United States on a net basis, according to a new report.

www.illinoispolicy.org...
edit on 2-1-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Actions taken by President Trump over the summer started reducing the murder rate in the bad neighborhoods. By the end of the year, 2017 had fewer murders than 2016.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

if you lock up all the gang affiliated members half the state will be gone.

But it sure would see private prison stock skyrocket in share price

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Hell-o World !

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Every single person I know that moved out were highly educated, high income earners. They were the ones that had the money or job skills to do it. Poor people often can't move which is why a lot of them are in a catch 22

Millionaires are leaving Chicago more than any other city in the United States on a net basis, according to a new report.

Most certainly some people are moving to retire due to weather, but the largest growth is in people making six figures. Most of the people moving are in the lower income groups. Even from your own source, the majority of the loss comes from 0-$50k income earners. in 2012, 31,000 left Chicago. Half of that number was from people making 0-50k. Only 2,000 people left making over $200k.

Chicago is a world class city. Sure, we have some political and fiscal malfeasance, but very few cities can compare to Chicago.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Furthermore, state-level IRS data reveal the movement of high-income earners moving in and out of Illinois. In 2013, the most recent year of data available, more than 22,500 tax filers with an adjusted gross income, or AGI, of greater than $100,000 left the state. Meanwhile, only 12,800 with an AGI greater than $100,000 entered the state. The average AGI of those who left was a little over $271,000 compared with an average AGI of $236,000 for those who entered.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Send the national guard in, round up everyone convicted of a gang related crime and execute them.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Okaaaay. It's the CEO's fault that people commit murder.
There's that leftist accountability shining through again.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson
execution eh? No courts? I can get behind lethal force when they resist with violence. But to execute them before due process while they are already captive? Perhaps thats a bit too far.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Maybe change laws to read "felon with a fire arm, Mandatory life in prison".... Sounds harsh and probably not the exact way to go, but how many times have you watched COPS and the thug has a mile long rap sheet.

Maybe felon with firearm out on the street, not in his home might be better....

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Hell-o World !

264 people shot in the head.

Good hell.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
On the other hand, maybe the people who got murdered had it coming.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Only the UN can help them now!

"Genocide"... SMH...

Thats the excuse the White Establishment uses to bomb other countries, isn't it? To get some 'Bad Guys' ?

Come on DOD, there can't be that many bad guys in the Hood. Solution is simple, level the place, like you do everywhere else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join