It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump has made 1,950 false or misleading claims over 347 days

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yeah and what a big fat liar trump is.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

Press apologist...dont see that much.

The problem is, printing a retraction is like trying to filter poison from the well. And the worst liars that you say have the biggest audiences are creating a higher frequency of stories seen by more people than Walter Smith at the Salado Village Voice.
edit on 1/2/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Southern Guardian

according to our database that analyzes, categorizes and tracks every suspect statement uttered by the president.

Lol.

I agree the fact that they need a database to keep track of a presidents falsehoods is hilarious.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You really should get a hobby,or perhaps go outside and be with nature more,do you spend all your time making things up to make you look like a millenium,used to be people had sense and direction,your type hell bent on TV shows

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm actually surprised the number of lies is this low. Donald cannot help but utter falsehoods every time he opens his mouth.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: SirHardHarry
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Judge the many by the few, much?

They’ve eschewed journalistic ethics, some by their own admission,

Some have, those with the biggest platform. But most journalists report in good faith.

The only ones attacking the free press is the free press.

They are free to report in good faith.

Ummm...no...they aren't....they write stories and their editors decide. The editors have bosses that decide. There is no freedom for the journalists to report as they feel the need.

You think they just type something up and hit publish?

That's funny.

It sounds like you don't understand what reporting in good faith is. Yes, editors and producers largely decide what gets run, but they also don't just pull things out of their arses and write something as some seem to think in their attempt to undermine.

That's why it's called good faith reporting.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
i'm just here to see the hilarious defenses hardcore trump supporters offer for this kind of outrageous behavior from the president.

it never ceases to amaze me.
Yah just like it never ceased to amaze us how people granted Obama immunity for his treachery. Oh by the way congratulations Trump for the brilliant raid on Obamas Solyndrs property in Thailand by Delta Force!!!!!
edit on 3-1-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

One of the most important things we have in the US is the First Amendment, and defending the right of the press is equally important. Printing corrections or retractions is part of responsible journalism as opposed to just letting inaccuracies and BS fly unchecked (propaganda).

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You're press argument starts with the obviously false assumption that the US had a free press (or at least the target of POTUS' criticism was representative of a free press) to begin with. You can't be a "free press" and be as ridiculously monopolistic and politically incestuous as the CNNs, MSNBCs, FOX News, and WaPo are. Calling them a "free press" is only accurate if you're using Orwelian Doublespeak.

Calling them a "free press" is only accurate if you're using Orwelian Doublespeak.

I think the term "free press" was before Orwell. Bill of rights. Speaking against the government via the press: that's the point in a free press.

You can't be a "free press" and be as ridiculously monopolistic and politically incestuous as the CNNs, MSNBCs, FOX News, and WaPo are.

Incest. Haha

You can. Welcome to America. The 'job' of the press is to call out those in power.
don't you mean their job is to to request a redress of aggrievances on behalf of the people ? I'm pretty sure it's not to just attack a Potus the Establishment doesn't like because he's draining their happy swamp.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

One of the most important things we have in the US is the First Amendment, and defending the right of the press is equally important. Printing corrections or retractions is part of responsible journalism as opposed to just letting inaccuracies and BS fly unchecked (propaganda).
Are you too young to remember The Pravda being an official arm of the Communist Politburo? Just asking
edit on 3-1-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You're press argument starts with the obviously false assumption that the US had a free press (or at least the target of POTUS' criticism was representative of a free press) to begin with. You can't be a "free press" and be as ridiculously monopolistic and politically incestuous as the CNNs, MSNBCs, FOX News, and WaPo are. Calling them a "free press" is only accurate if you're using Orwelian Doublespeak.

Calling them a "free press" is only accurate if you're using Orwelian Doublespeak.

I think the term "free press" was before Orwell. Bill of rights. Speaking against the government via the press: that's the point in a free press.

You can't be a "free press" and be as ridiculously monopolistic and politically incestuous as the CNNs, MSNBCs, FOX News, and WaPo are.

Incest. Haha

You can. Welcome to America. The 'job' of the press is to call out those in power.
don't you mean their job is to to request a redress of aggrievances on behalf of the people ? I'm pretty sure it's not to just attack a Potus the Establishment doesn't like because he's draining their happy swamp.

The freedom of the press and the right of the people to petition the government (grievances) is not the same thing, even though the latter is covered by the former.

I meant exactly what I said above. In addition, the doctrine of the free press is, in part, to be able to freely speak and publicly criticize authority (government) without fear of state sanctioned (and legal) repercussions.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Are you too young to remember The Pravda being an official arm of the Communist Politburo? Just asking

Thankfully, we don't have an official state (controlled) media. That's the point.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yeah and what a big fat liar trump is.

The funny part is no one took the effort to do the same with Obama... it's all just a meme anyways...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
1950? Well at least it wasn't 1984, I would have issues if that was the number...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Politicians lie? No way. It doesn't even matter what politicians say. I don't like him or his words, but things could be much worse. Like Bush and Obama worse. Killing people in other countries for no real reason is a lot more of a concern to me.
edit on 3-1-2018 by trustmeimdoctor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Deflect, make excuses, blame Hillary, blame Obama, do whatever. Doesn't change the facts in the end.

Living rent free in your heads for another 3+ years. I love it.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Who was the fact checker? The prostitute at Snopes.com!?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

You won the internet today with that comment....

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Deflect, make excuses, blame Hillary, blame Obama, do whatever. Doesn't change the facts in the end

Except when it comes to making an excuse to blame Russia for losing an election which is an epic misrepsentation of the facts.

Right S ?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
When did ATS become a Politico news site? Where politics are debated ad Naseum and everything Trump does becomes a news flash?

God I miss the old days.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join