It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump has made 1,950 false or misleading claims over 347 days

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Off-topic:
I’m not usually a public editor, but the use of “tonne” a couple times is funny to me...

I’m curious: Why not use “ton?”
edit on 1/2/2018 by japhrimu because: Comment Reform

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: Southern Guardian

But if the intention to lie isn't readily apparent, it's not a lie.

Or so some members of this forum tell themselves.

You pretend things are lies when they're not. That's not something to be proud and gloat about.

You pretend things aren't lies that are lies, in support of a man who has built his entire life off of lies.

That's self inflicted brain damage.

Fair enough.

But as long as we're being honest though that is the entire field of politics, politicians, parties, media and loyal followers in the US.

Ya dig?

Of course. Every politician is dirt to me. The R or D beside a name is only an indication of the position you'll get screwed in.

Until an administration comes along pledging to end the war on drugs and the criminalization of drug users there won't be one I support. Unless they do that, they're no different than the rest. I didn't get caught up in Obama fever and I can't help but laugh at Trump fever.

Cults of personality are just that, cults.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
New AttaBoy selfie

Since everyone in the room is well aware of Trump's pathology in exactly that regard, I think we have a new proper term for the bulk of these so-called "LIES": "AttaBoy Selfie".

edit on 2-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

Tonne is more bigly than ton.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I get that you believe the image of Trump his propagandists produced during this past election, but I prefer to look at things he's done and said over a much larger timeline.

And once you do that, what is what is apparent. I'd be lying if I said Trump hasn't constantly used lying and stretching the truth to further himself throughout his life.

You may choose to try to classify his statements as something else so you can keep supporting him in good conscience, but eventually you'll have to face the reality of what you've been supporting all along.

And that has nothing to do with me, liberals, the MSM or whoever. That's on you.

There is a vast difference between statements and results. You support or denounce based on the former, and I prefer to do so on the latter. That's why my conscience is clean while yours deteriorates into thought-policing.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Lol, good answer...

If the president realizes this, are we going metric?

lol.

edit on 1/2/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I get that you believe the image of Trump his propagandists produced during this past election, but I prefer to look at things he's done and said over a much larger timeline.

And once you do that, what is what is apparent. I'd be lying if I said Trump hasn't constantly used lying and stretching the truth to further himself throughout his life.

You may choose to try to classify his statements as something else so you can keep supporting him in good conscience, but eventually you'll have to face the reality of what you've been supporting all along.

And that has nothing to do with me, liberals, the MSM or whoever. That's on you.

There is a vast difference between statements and results. You support or denounce based on the former, and I prefer to do so on the latter. That's why my conscience is clean while yours deteriorates into thought-policing.

I'm not supporting or denouncing anything based on the former, I'm using it as an indication of motivations in the present. Which is a valid thing to do.

Disregarding everything in the former only makes sense if you believe Trump has become a different person at 70+ years old. I still see the same person, only less eloquent.

If you have evidence of Trump having a come to Jesus moment and renouncing the lies and half truths he made millions, if not billions of dollars from I'd love to see it.
edit on 2-1-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Fundamental attribution error is a ubiquitous bias in human beings, so it is no surprise you think you can derive motives and intentions from whatever you’ve been googling that day.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Fundamental attribution error is a ubiquitous bias in human beings, so it is no surprise you think you can derive motives and intentions from whatever you’ve been googling that day.

I believe a persons words and actions are a clue to their character. You obviously do not because you are accusing me of a fundamental attribution error.

So tell me, what do you base your support of Trump on, if not his words or actions?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Liars calling another person a liar is an interesting one, as they go.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I believe a persons words and actions are a clue to their character. You obviously do not because you are accusing me of a fundamental attribution error.

So tell me, what do you base your support of Trump on, if not his words or actions?

Again, results. If character is your chief concern, than any actor or public relations expert will suit you well.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Again, results. If character is your chief concern, than any actor or public relations expert will suit you well.

Ok, what results made you support Trump when he was barely in office and hadn't picked up his EO ink pen?

Hopefully it's more than just winning the election.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Ok, what results made you support Trump when he was barely in office and hadn't picked up his EO ink pen?

What I do is defend him—anyone—from the puritan thought-police. The results of a Trump presidency will not be available until it is finished. Until then I reserve judgement.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

What I do is defend him—anyone—from the puritan thought-police. The results of a Trump presidency will not be available until it is finished. Until then I reserve judgement.

I can understand that.

But I still disagree. I see the Trump of right now as the same Trump he's always been, just strained with age. The only thing that has changed in my opinion is the inclusion of Bannon style propaganda to shift his image in a favorable direction, which is something all presidential candidates participate in.

I can't deny that. And I can't deny everything he's done up until this point in hope that this one time everything will be different.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I'm glad you're keeping count.

Can't let ol' "2-Scooper" get away with ANYTHING!

*shakes an angry fist at a lemon on the counter*

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
All politicians lie. they will never tell the whole truth, or they would not get elected. And when in office and they do know the whole truth, they never will say it, if it is politically inconvenient. They want to remain in their position. And there is no mistake no error, but the intention is always there. When they do not want to tell the truth or discuss, they don't answer the question, it is double speak and misdirection. You can see this when they are asked questions, they never say yes or no, or confirm anything.

Now does the current President lie, yes. And it was evident on the first day when he made the claim that he won by a landslide. He did not. The final total was: 304 going to him, with 227 going to his opponent. that is not a landslide, nor the biggest margin at all, as there have been far bigger margins and better landslides than that. Reagan in 1984 had a landslide, with a total vote of 525 for him and 13 for his opponent.

But here is the other part, is that people are willing to believe the lie, even when the truth is there infront of them, proved by fact and evidence.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

That country accent he threw on cracks me up

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

If you want to blame Trump for all the negatives in The USA then you have to credit Trump for all the positives. The MSM don't give him any positives, only negatives. A lower unemployment rate, better economy etc must be credited to Trump if you think he's the reason for the bad things. You just can't have it both ways.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

But if the intention to lie isn't readily apparent, it's not a lie.

Or so some members of this forum tell themselves.

Funny you should mention intent.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

thats cuz he's a moron like 60% of the country.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join