It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump has made 1,950 false or misleading claims over 347 days

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Deflect, make excuses, blame Hillary, blame Obama, do whatever. Doesn't change the facts in the end.

With just 18 days before President Donald Trump completes his first year as president, he is now on track to exceed 2,000 false or misleading claims, according to our database that analyzes, categorizes and tracks every suspect statement uttered by the president.

As of Monday, the total stood at 1,950 claims in 347 days, or an average of 5.6 claims a day.

www.sfchronicle.com...

There's a tonne of them.

He claimed his tax cuts were the largest in history and repeated this claim 8 times despite it clearly being debunked by Treasury data.

He claimed the Tax plan would cost him a fortune which is false. He is set to gain a substantial amount from this plan.

He claimed the Keystone pipeline deal obligated them to use American steel even though this had been debunked on numerous occasions.

He claimed a massive landslide victory in the Electoral College even though it's evidently historically low,

He claimed he saw a video of Iranian officials taking money off a plane to pay ransom to Iranian hostages and then later denied he claimed watching any such video. You know, Obama foolishly gave them money and he actually saw a video of them taking this money?

Oh this part is hilarious:

We also track the president's flip-flops on our list, as they are so glaring. He spent the 2016 campaign telling supporters that the unemployment rate was really 42 percent and the official statistics were phony; now, on 46 occasions he has hailed the lowest unemployment rate in 17 years. It was already very low when he was elected - 4.6 percent, the lowest in a decade - so his failure to acknowledge that is misleading.

My goodness. He managed to lower the unemployment rate from 42 percent to 4.6 percent within his first year. His confidence must've flown through businesses to make them suddenly hire. My goodness. There be gold in this article.

Let's not forget this doesn't count the tonne of lies he's made earlier in his presidential campaign. He posted false crime stats sourced from racist websites such as Stormfront. The source was debunked numerous times.

He claimed he was against the Iraq war even though there were no records showing he opposed it. He was recorded on Howard Stern's radio show confirming that yes he did support it.

Maybe for many of these false claims he was genuinely clueless and ignorant? Maybe? I mean there's a long long list of em' I tell ya and pleading ignorance isn't a positive thing for the world's most powerful man either.

Let the lies continue. Deflect, rinse, repeat.

You're right it doesn't change anything. No one cares. Years and years of libs crying "what difference does it make" and they magically expect people to care when it's suddenly convenient for them. Nope.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: BestinShow

He's fighting fake news with fake news.

I'm sure you think he is. Some clever ploy from Trump. Lie because you claim the other side lies and in the end it does nothing for the people, and for the country.

Well, it's not just a claim. It's substantiated with proof, but whatever fits your narrative I guess.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: Southern Guardian

But if the intention to lie isn't readily apparent, it's not a lie.

Or so some members of this forum tell themselves.

You pretend things are lies when they're not. That's not something to be proud and gloat about.

You pretend things aren't lies that are lies, in support of a man who has built his entire life off of lies.

That's self inflicted brain damage.

Hey look, 3 false or misleading statements in one tiny post. I guess that’s your quota for the day.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Ironic, trump is pretty much on board with ANTI-BLACKS. Yet you support the man. I bet there were even a few Jews who supported Hitler too.

More false or misleading statements. I guess this is the going rate.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: UKTruth
Lol.
The hilarious article linked just shows how badly the left took their election loss.

I see. No effort to address the lies mentioned - I'm amazed the bloviating orange wotsit doesn't have a nose a mile long - just a blanket scream about the nasty left.
It is indeed hilarious, but not for the reasons you think. It might explain why his poll numbers keep getting lower and lower.

Pretty sure nobody else is going to waste their time on this...someone has already wasted plenty...and if what the article says is true, which I highly doubt, they spent a lot of money writing a software for a database system of solely news about Donald Trump that cross references truths? And you believe this? Or is their database simply a dude searching online and writing them down in his notebook?

Either way, the fact people spend time on this stuff is really funny.

Oh come off it. If Obama had told even half of the lies that Trump has in his first year do you really think that it wouldn't be news? Trump lies. He lies a lot. He lies at the drop of a hat. He lies because he hates not to be the biggest and best at everything.

You mean like hope and change? If you like your dr you can keep your dr, period?

No thanks, I like Trump because he's been coming through on the promises he made to those of us who voted for him. Funny how it's only anti-Trumpers that think he's lying.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1

originally posted by: Christosterone
President Obama never lied and as a high schooler he could throw a football over them mountains...man, if only coach had put him in they woulda won state...

-Chris

Obama is not the POTUS anymore.

Care to address the OP or do you suffer from TMS (Trump Messiah Syndrome)?

I knew Trump was a cardboard cutout when I voted for him but I guess the spotlight on Trump reveals all sorts of fabrications. I know I am not the only one that is turned off by his antics. My whole family voted for him and are turned off by him, none are democrats.

It just totally amazes me the lengths people go to deflect and not even see his BS.

Trump Is the president precisely because Obama preceded him…
Were it not for Obama’s complete and total incompetence,Trump would not have stood a chance…

I find myself grateful to Obama for his total failure as a president…
It warms my soul to see his legacy dismantled by Trump and watch as he is reduced to a parenthesis in history…
His impact on the country will be nothing more than surface adoration from the leftist hordes whose love for him equates to nothing more than religious, superficial idolatry....

-Chris
edit on 2-1-2018 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You pretend things are lies when they're not. That's not something to be proud and gloat about.

You pretend things aren't lies that are lies, in support of a man who has built his entire life off of lies.

Hey look, 3 false or misleading statements in one tiny post. I guess that’s your quota for the day.

I get that you believe the image of Trump his propagandists produced during this past election, but I prefer to look at things he's done and said over a much larger timeline.

And once you do that, what is what is apparent. I'd be lying if I said Trump hasn't constantly used lying and stretching the truth to further himself throughout his life.

You may choose to try to classify his statements as something else so you can keep supporting him in good conscience, but eventually you'll have to face the reality of what you've been supporting all along.

And that has nothing to do with me, liberals, the MSM or whoever. That's on you.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I think the admissions might come about the same times as chaps such as yourself admit you have been conned consistently by the liberal fake news media about the bogeyman Russia. That will be never then.

p.s. there are no Trump 'lies'.

edit on 2/1/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Well I cannot argue that Obama was horrible. I knew it was the same old same old when he stacked his cabinet with modern day robber barons. We haven't had a good POTUS for quite some time.

My issue is why stand behind Trump when he is just straight up pathological for the world to see outside of his followers.. Screw Obama. Screw Hillary. Trump is of the same cloth, just different pattern.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Nice try but no cigar on this liberal garbage. All I can say is wish again in 2020, but you are setting yourself up for another failure.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

President Trump has made 1,950 false or misleading claims over 347 days

And you have created a thread for nearly each and every one
Now one thread to rule them all....

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Grow up dude. Trump isn't on board with anti-black people.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

P.S. You have no room to ever chastise anyone for being gullible again.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Fair enough.

But as long as we're being honest though that is the entire field of politics, politicians, parties, media and loyal followers in the US.

Ya dig?
edit on 2-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: UKTruth
Lol.
The hilarious article linked just shows how badly the left took their election loss.

I see. No effort to address the lies mentioned - I'm amazed the bloviating orange wotsit doesn't have a nose a mile long - just a blanket scream about the nasty left.
It is indeed hilarious, but not for the reasons you think. It might explain why his poll numbers keep getting lower and lower.

Pretty sure nobody else is going to waste their time on this...someone has already wasted plenty...and if what the article says is true, which I highly doubt, they spent a lot of money writing a software for a database system of solely news about Donald Trump that cross references truths? And you believe this? Or is their database simply a dude searching online and writing them down in his notebook?

Either way, the fact people spend time on this stuff is really funny.

Media outlets did the same thing for Hillary as well. In fact, it's funny that Trump called Cruz lying Ted and said Hillary was lying, when he has a far more abysmal record when it comes to the truth.

www.politifact.com...

But I am not surprised those that would harp about the lies Clinton told would want to dismiss the lies Trump has told. Hypocrisy is a tough pill to swallow.

LOL, you can't make this # up. Even the members who know no other way than left have to deflect to Hillary when a thread such as this arises and has so little functional intelligent content.

Trump is arrogant and exaggerates/lies. If you are so #ing stupid that this is some news flash to you, this thread might be right up your alley, hell, you may have even wrote it.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Edit: Going one further, if Obama hadn’t ridiculed Trump in response to Birther nonsense likely he wouldn’t have even ran for POTUS.

I watched that video of Obama slamming Trump. It was pretty brutal.

Trump, has publically said A crap load of stuff about OBAMA....So your point is? trump has bashed OBAMA over and over again..."Oh what a mess Obama made" "This is terrible, I have a huge mess to clean up".....REALLY???????????? The crap hole BUSH JR LEFT OBAMA TO CLEAN UP WAS 100Xs WORSE....Guess trump supporters don't remember the HOUSING CRISES, which almighty TRUMP SAID OBAMA CAUSED. it was freaking BUSH.... PATHETIC!

He said something bad about Obama. I bet that makes him a racist, eh?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
New AttaBoy selfie

President Trump took credit Tuesday for "the safest year on record" for U.S. air travel, touting zero deaths in 2017. But there actually haven't been any deaths on a U.S. passenger airline in nearly nine years.

Still, the president took credit for the safety record in a tweet.

"Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news -- it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!"

There were fatal crashes of commercial planes last year, but they all involved non-U.S. carriers operating overseas. Even after taking those crashes into account, 2017 was still the safest year on record for air travel worldwide.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

P.S. You have no room to ever chastise anyone for being gullible again.

Try to understand what a lie is, at least.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Because president Trump came into office as a non-politician, of course the number of lies in misspeaks would be lower than his predecessor. Obama's lies and misrepresentations were well into the thousands in less than 12 months.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join