It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump has made 1,950 false or misleading claims over 347 days

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Deflect, make excuses, blame Hillary, blame Obama, do whatever. Doesn't change the facts in the end.

With just 18 days before President Donald Trump completes his first year as president, he is now on track to exceed 2,000 false or misleading claims, according to our database that analyzes, categorizes and tracks every suspect statement uttered by the president.

As of Monday, the total stood at 1,950 claims in 347 days, or an average of 5.6 claims a day.

www.sfchronicle.com...

There's a tonne of them.

He claimed his tax cuts were the largest in history and repeated this claim 8 times despite it clearly being debunked by Treasury data.

He claimed the Tax plan would cost him a fortune which is false. He is set to gain a substantial amount from this plan.

He claimed the Keystone pipeline deal obligated them to use American steel even though this had been debunked on numerous occasions.

He claimed a massive landslide victory in the Electoral College even though it's evidently historically low,

He claimed he saw a video of Iranian officials taking money off a plane to pay ransom to Iranian hostages and then later denied he claimed watching any such video. You know, Obama foolishly gave them money and he actually saw a video of them taking this money?

Oh this part is hilarious:

We also track the president's flip-flops on our list, as they are so glaring. He spent the 2016 campaign telling supporters that the unemployment rate was really 42 percent and the official statistics were phony; now, on 46 occasions he has hailed the lowest unemployment rate in 17 years. It was already very low when he was elected - 4.6 percent, the lowest in a decade - so his failure to acknowledge that is misleading.

My goodness. He managed to lower the unemployment rate from 42 percent to 4.6 percent within his first year. His confidence must've flown through businesses to make them suddenly hire. My goodness. There be gold in this article.

Let's not forget this doesn't count the tonne of lies he's made earlier in his presidential campaign. He posted false crime stats sourced from racist websites such as Stormfront. The source was debunked numerous times.

He claimed he was against the Iraq war even though there were no records showing he opposed it. He was recorded on Howard Stern's radio show confirming that yes he did support it.

Maybe for many of these false claims he was genuinely clueless and ignorant? Maybe? I mean there's a long long list of em' I tell ya and pleading ignorance isn't a positive thing for the world's most powerful man either.

Let the lies continue. Deflect, rinse, repeat.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

according to our database that analyzes, categorizes and tracks every suspect statement uttered by the president.

Lol.

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Lol.
The hilarious article linked just shows how badly the left took their election loss.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Lol.
The hilarious article linked just shows how badly the left took their election loss.

I see. No effort to address the lies mentioned - I'm amazed the bloviating orange wotsit doesn't have a nose a mile long - just a blanket scream about the nasty left.
It is indeed hilarious, but not for the reasons you think. It might explain why his poll numbers keep getting lower and lower.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Deflect, rinse, repeat.

Ok.

He's fighting fake news with fake news.

Seems fair enough...

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Lol.

I see. No effort to address the lies mentioned - I'm amazed the bloviating orange wotsit doesn't have a nose a mile long - just a blanket scream about the nasty left.
It is indeed hilarious, but not for the reasons you think. It might explain why his poll numbers keep getting lower and lower.

Pretty sure nobody else is going to waste their time on this...someone has already wasted plenty...and if what the article says is true, which I highly doubt, they spent a lot of money writing a software for a database system of solely news about Donald Trump that cross references truths? And you believe this? Or is their database simply a dude searching online and writing them down in his notebook?

Either way, the fact people spend time on this stuff is really funny.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Lol.

Pretty sure nobody else is going to waste their time on this...someone has already wasted plenty...and if what the article says is true, which I highly doubt, they spent a lot of money writing a software for a database system of solely news about Donald Trump that cross references truths? And you believe this? Or is their database simply a dude searching online and writing them down in his notebook?

Either way, the fact people spend time on this stuff is really funny.

Oh come off it. If Obama had told even half of the lies that Trump has in his first year do you really think that it wouldn't be news? Trump lies. He lies a lot. He lies at the drop of a hat. He lies because he hates not to be the biggest and best at everything.

+6 more 
link   

But if the intention to lie isn't readily apparent, it's not a lie.

Or so some members of this forum tell themselves.

link   
At least he's fighting for his promises he made his supporters. Can't say that about any other president in my lifetime. Considering the media posts fake stories to just be retracted a few days later over and over. Taking him out of context constantly, it would make sense he has lied that many times considering how much coverage he's gotten.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
removed (too slow)
edit on 2-1-2018 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I bet your a fair and balanced Democrat.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

I'm sure you think he is. Some clever ploy from Trump. Lie because you claim the other side lies and in the end it does nothing for the people, and for the country.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Comment of the day right here.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What’s extra amazing about this is it is only a record of his tweets and media interactions.

God knows what happens without those two...

Personally, I blame Obama, if he hadn’t been so hate-worthy probably nobody would have even voted for Trump.

Edit: Going one further, if Obama hadn’t ridiculed Trump in response to Birther nonsense likely he wouldn’t have even ran for POTUS.

I know, you can say “but Obama” to me, but if you truly think about those two things, it begs the question.
edit on 2-1-2018 by Hazardous1408 because: Noted.

edit on 2-1-2018 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Good Enough For Government.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i'm just here to see the hilarious defenses hardcore trump supporters offer for this kind of outrageous behavior from the president.

it never ceases to amaze me.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Any normal job , you would be fired for it but only in politics, is it expected.
What does that mean for everyone?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
President Obama never lied and as a high schooler he could throw a football over them mountains...man, if only coach had put him in they woulda won state...

-Chris

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Nice....a bunch of posted numbers that mean what at the end of the day? The only numbers important right now are the record number of human trafficking rings brought down, the number of sexual predators from the 'liberal' establishment that are outed, and the economic numbers. Credit whomever, but those are what matter.

Whether trump lies or not will be exposed so I figure he is doing it just to 'troll' everyone who doesn't 'get it'...being everyone who supported the other candidate as well as said establishment which appears far more sinister in the real world than Trump's silly 'lies' or exaggerations.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

The claims to "false" or "misleading" claims is utter nonsense. The last two on the WaPo's list are themselves BS.

1)

Trump Claim:

“If the Dems (Crooked Hillary) got elected, your stocks would be down 50% from values on Election Day. Now they have a great future - and just beginning!”

WaPo Analysis:

"Trump of course has no idea how stocks would have performed if Clinton had won the election. The stock market rise in Trump's first year was a continuation of a bull market that started under President Obama -- and was mirrored by worldwide securities markets. The U.S. rise in 2017 was not unique. When looking at the Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index, it’s clear U.S. stocks haven’t rallied as robustly as their foreign equivalents."

Trump makes a counterfactual claim,a hypothesis, and WaPo considers it false or misleading. Utter nonsense by WaPo.

2)

Trump claim:

"“I use Social Media not because I like to, but because it is the only way to fight a VERY dishonest and unfair 'press,' now often referred to as Fake News Media. Phony and non-existent 'sources' are being used more often than ever. Many stories & reports a pure fiction!”

WaPo Analysis:

Trump tends to deem negative articles as "fake news" even if they are accurate. Mainstream news organizations can certainly make mistakes, or rely on sources who are inaccurate, but they do not use nonexistent sources or print "pure fiction."

What Trump said was absolutely true, and the WaPo is nitpicking over minor details.

In short, these lists are complete nonsense that risk sending transparency back into opacity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join