It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is not ALL Allegorical

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
God did. He said that thou shall not add or diminish his words at least three times in the AV. Duet 4:2 7 12:32, Pro 30:6, Rev 22:18

It doesn't stop people from making money out of God's words, like you said.

original posted by: ChesterJohn
He said he would preserve his words to every generation forever Ps 12:6, 7.

So where is the autograph? Where is the original? Bits and fragments don't appear to be 'preserved forever.' It's more likely, God has torn and throw away the original manuscripts or codices.

original posted by: ChesterJohn
I don't expect a none Bible believer to think these are true. But most Bible believers will agree.

It is like the lady preacher who got on the bus and started preaching that those who preach the Gospel have to live by it as she handed our envelopes asking for any amount. I stood up and said if you received salvation by the Bible by grace of God through faith then you should live by that faith as well, as I handed her back an empty envelope. She got a few empty envelopes that day. Why because I spoke the truth to those who were listening as she supposed she was when she preached to them the wrong gospel, the gospel of the Kingdom and not the gospel of the Grace of God.

In the church I planted overseas I never once passed a plate or took up an offering. But I did place a box at the exit that said love gift. And every month there was always enough to pay for the electric, water and rent for the Building any leftover I put in savings for the youth camp each year and it never went short either.

I lived by faith the whole 15 years I was there, and even when we were out of food I never took a dime from that box. I prayed that God supplied and he always did.

Some people just doesn't have the same amount of faith like you do. Some of this preachers keep whores, murder fellow preachers cold blooded in church, commit child abuse, conspire etc. Hypocrisy is well known throughout Christian history.

Not all written in the Bible are allogeries. The question is can readers identify them? And why would God let his words be interpreted in such way? Surely God would want his words to be clear and well understood?
edit on 8-2-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

I agree with most of what you shared including hypocrisy. But none of them are responsible for what I do with Jesus Christ. To accept him or reject him as my personal Lord and Saviour.

As for Preservation. That is a subject greater than this thread allows. But in a nutshell, it is done by God through men who are truly holy and doing their work for no fame and fortune.

The only Bible with every word, verses, phrases, sections (disputed or not) is the Authorized King James Version. So I can teach every version out there from this one version by knowing the meanings of the English words. But one must always use context of the words to keep the meaning correct. Sometimes you can get tow different meanings that keep the context intact. Not found in any of the other versions I have used and studied from.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join