It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate all images of people smoking cigarettes

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I only smoke AFTER sex now.

My wife kept complaining about the ashes falling in her face.

There's always doggy style.

The ashtray kept sliding off her butt.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

One can only take getting kicked around so much. Then even the little things can annoy.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'm interested in what other images you may hate, and how they relate to smoking pictures on a kind of scale.

Could you please rate these 1 - 5
(5 being most hated)

- A picture of someone smoking

- A picture of someone using smack

- A picture of a tearful child

- A picture of an abandoned mine

- A picture of male on male fellatio

Thanks

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Again, I know people don't care about my opinion.

Actually many people do care about your opinion, even those of us who disagree with it...

Likely the only people who don’t have some delusional sense of self-importance believing their own opinions are sacrosanct.

They’re easily ignored.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Goofy post. I don't like seeing a picture of anyone hurting anyone else. People smoking are hurting themselves plus I get automatic recall of how disgusting it smells in my brain.

In terms of the picture list you provided I will leave it to you to qualify them in terms of hurting someone else or themselves. Of course, nobody want's to see a baby cry but babies sometimes cry for ridiculous reasons.

I think you are getting too deep into my OP. I wasn't trying to make smoking illegal. I was just saying I can't stand it.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Hazardous1408

One can only take getting kicked around so much. Then even the little things can annoy.

I wasn't trying to kick you. You feeling being kicked is all you. People only take away from you what you let them. Don't let them take anything away.

If you want to keep on with your suicidal tendencies I wasn't judging you. I was just saying when I see pictures of people smoking it brings back disgusting memories in my head. I just don't like looking at people smoking.

edit on 2-1-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
after watching thank you for not smoking, i was amazed to find out its all product placement.

i went out with a crazy chick who tried to stop smoking. she said anytime she saw someone on tv smoke, she wanted to go out and smoke. (she was not allowed to smoke in my apartment or car ever.)

i just watched GOLD with mcaonahey (dont know how to spell his name lol) and the guy smoked non stop thru that flick. i do not care if the original guy smoked, it was annoying af.

i think i hate tobacco most of all addictions. only a small percentage of people become alcoholics, so alcohol is not so bad. but anyone who starts smoking QUICKLY goes to a pack a day.

im psyched in nyc its like 18 bucks a pack. thats brilliant. when they banned tobacco from clubs smoking went down, less new users started.

smokers might gripe, but they have no choice, they were deluded into addiction, and now they have to justify that addiction.

no one knows how old i am, and i do not drink or do drugs. my friend carlos is 3 months older than me, but he looks 10 years older. he has crazy wrinkles already from his hard drinking and smoking.

to quit, its 3-5 days of physical addiction, then you are clear. then its mental. my day quit by eating tons of candy to keep his mouth occupied. he just ate lifesavers and mints all day, and he quit.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Damn. When did I become the straight man.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

No one has to justify anything, and artificially increasing the price of goods through taxes to control society is the very defnition of fascism (utilizing socioeconomic policies to control a population).

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Alcoholism is far more destructive, even if less prevalent in society...
& I’d even question the statistics behind that assertion, to be honest.

Smoke addiction is much less likely to destroy families, friendships, work life and also much less likely to cause social problems such as violence, vandalism and the occasional death by reckless driving.

I’d much rather a planet full of nicotine addicts than drunkards.
edit on 2-1-2018 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It's not just you though. It's you and others pushing the gov't. You can say "fvck" once in a movie and not get the dreaded NC17(worse than Restricted) rating. You can have gratuitous violence or sex and not get it. One smoker and it's an automatic NC17.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Good post but I think alcohol is almost just as deadly as cigarettes. It's been a long time since I read about this. Alcohol is pretty rough on the body.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

RE: "It's not just you though."

You had to get that dig in! LOL!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Damn. When did I become the straight man.

Augustus was still busy abusing kidnapped organ donors.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
perhaps in Canada, but not in the states. I am pretty certain I even see people smoke cigs in kids movies now and then. Not main characters of course, but just regular background people. Is that the distinction??? Does it have to be background smokers vs. primary character smokers??

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Good post but I think alcohol is almost just as deadly as cigarettes. It's been a long time since I read about this. Alcohol is pretty rough on the body.

Alcohol is terrible for the body. It has all the downsides of sugar, with the added downsides of imbibing a toxic substance.

I'd actually put smoking and sugar in the same category: natural substances that are flat out poison to the human body. Its not like arsenic, but it does have a cumulative effect that leads to cancers, high blood pressure/heart disease, kidney failure, diabetes, stroke, etc.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
i like smoking good tobacco. specially in a good pipe. it is a calm thing and smells nice to me.
people nowadays think that smoking modern cigarettes is all there is to tobacco... wrong.

a good tobacco and knowing how to smoke is something that is forgotten in our consume-addicted society.
jmho

i personally hate all the pictures of people in cars that pump their poison in my face all day long. hate the smell of cars- inside and outside... but yah no way to escape that anyway

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Goofy post. I don't like seeing a picture of anyone hurting anyone else. People smoking are hurting themselves plus I get automatic recall of how disgusting it smells in my brain.

In terms of the picture list you provided I will leave it to you to qualify them in terms of hurting someone else or themselves. Of course, nobody want's to see a baby cry but babies sometimes cry for ridiculous reasons.

I think you are getting too deep into my OP. I wasn't trying to make smoking illegal. I was just saying I can't stand it.

Lol sorry. You just seem to be more angry with a picture of the act rather than just the act of itself.

And why aren't you trying to make it illegal??
It bloody well should be!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

you seem like a reasonably intelligent person.

Please provide proof of your allegation that smoking CAUSES one death.

Not a statistical study, not an "assocation" or "linked" to. Just proof of one disease caused by smoking.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: glowdog

i personally hate all the pictures of people in cars that pump their poison in my face all day long. hate the smell of cars- inside and outside... but yah no way to escape that anyway

That is truly a cause for concern.

And when in the name of all that's Holy are we going to do something about the rampant "animal nudity" currently sweeping north America. Animal privates on open display for all to see. I'm sick and tired of seeing children Traumatized by the sight of a horse or mule with a huge....well you know. For the love of God, think of the children!!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join