It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate all images of people smoking cigarettes

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

Again, why would the studies solely concerning separate chemicals and their dangers to the human body that happen to be in industrial produced tobacco be false.

Your arguments doesn’t even stand up to logic.

Why would medical studies concerning the hazards of smoking be fabricated. You have cherry picked propaganda bought by the tobacco industry?

Shameful that you would defend industrial tobacco that has been proven dangers, proven to lie, proven to conspire to hide the dangers of smoking, and proven to manipulate the addictiveness of their products.

If anything, I am not addicted to a product produced by corporations that have to spend millions on lobbying and bought research. Can you say the same.... or can you quit smoking anytime......

I never started smoking, save at least 2000 a year, and don’t support a blatantly deceitful industry.

Good luck to you.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I did answer your question.

I linked to a second hand smoke toxicology study dealing exactly with the chemicals in cigarettes, then showed the amount of cigarettes you would need in a small room within an hour time period, for a subset of the supposedly most dangerous chemicals in cigarettes, to have those chemicals reach dangerous levels for humans, based on known safe toxicology limits.

The exceedingly minuscule amount of those chemicals in a single cigarette, or even a pack of cigarettes, is well below other daily sources of those same chemicals.

For instance, Benzene and it's derivatives is in many daily activities. That slightly sweet smell in petrol when filling your car is Benzene, and a minute spent filling your car exposes you to magnitudes higher levels than even prolonged cigarette use.

That's my whole point... that in moderation, cigarettes are significantly less harmful than many other daily activities. The hypocrisy is that smoking will be blamed for premature death, because it has those chemicals... yet other activities with much higher exposure rates are ignored.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Actually it does. Delayed gratification can be much more rewarding in the long run, but the instant endorphins released when doing an enjoyable activity have been proven to have an anti-oxidant effect on a person, which contributes to a good quality of life. You know... the small pleasures are good in moderation.

I am truly sorry for your loss, but blaming a single source for diseases that have been shown to be multi-factorial is not an honest assessment.

You are getting very emotional, which is what has been achieved by the anti-smoking lobby... turn it into an emotional debate rather than a factual one.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Again, you are getting emotional and are attacking the debater rather than arguing with facts.

Many sources have been provided to you at your request, yet you dismiss them all (likely without having read them) as propaganda.

The sources I have provided are unbiased (which are very hard to find) as they usually are weighted to either side, and can be a struggle to identify the actual raw data.

Then you finish your post on a very snarky comment. (Not that it's any of your business) but I enjoy the occasional smoke, I often stop for weeks on end (because smoking isn't actually as physically addictive as its made out to be, mentally addictive, yes, but so is everything in life) depending on work commitments, yet will definitely enjoy a smoke in moderation.

If you want to just swallow the media pill, fine. I am trying to be objective, and look for the facts, which are few and far between in this topic.

Good luck to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join